Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Connecting Flights'-This Season's Must See(Sears)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Connecting Flights'-This Season's Must See(Sears)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Connecting Flights'-This Season's Must See(Sears)
    Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:49am
LOL*JUST NOW SAW THIS!!!*
The START of this commercial had me cranking a thread in the 'Commercials I HATE'-section. I was sure it was a Glee-Bop Movie.
I actually fell out of my chair, at the end - Thank You, Sears - think I'll go buy something from Sears BECAUSE of their AdClams...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 10:01pm
LOLLOL

Thank God it's not a dumb love story, it's a Sears ad. They timed it perfectly! Just when you get sick of the guy and girl WHAM! He hits the refrigerator!LOL

If Sears does go out of business, these commercials are the ones I will miss most. Cry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:51pm
Big smileSears gets my vote for simply the funniest commercials - no matter they do not push ANYTHING about their products, their commercials are just ENTERTAINING - and they should get something for that.
They'll get some of my business, I guess - even though Tizzer, who I look to above almost anyone else in regard to 'Tool Product Quality', has started to downgrade the Craftsman Tools, as I recall. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:26pm
I liked this one even better than the one with the couple on the beach .. that was a similar idea, making you think it was an ad for either some feminine hygiene or contraceptive product, then *BOOM!* into the fridge LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I liked this one even better than the one with the couple on the beach .. that was a similar idea, making you think it was an ad for either some feminine hygiene or contraceptive product, then *BOOM!* into the fridge LOL

LOL!Personally, I can say the same thing, I123. I'll never forget seeing the original commercial for the very first time and *totally* 'losing it'. The whole concept seemed *new*, to me.
That commercial can only rate below this one as 'Best Commercial for 2012' only because this NEW one had me already typing 'I HATE THIS MOVIE AD!'-comment in the first 10 seconds, only for our beloved refrigerator to show up and 'save the day'!LOL
HiImBobbyJoe View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiImBobbyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:29am
Egad! It's long after Christmas, and they're still playing this ad to this day, just a few days after Valentine's Day. Why do they still even bother? -______________-
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 7:35pm
If they are going to run it after the holidays, they seriously need to remove the Christmas tree from the background. 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 11:05pm
^^^ And stop referring to the Christmas season.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 4:47am
ConfusedI see everyone's point - Sears has taken what was one of the BEST commercials I've ever seen and just run it into the ground, reusing the hell out of it. Again, I'll NEVER forget the first time I saw this commercial - I REALLY thought it was the 'XMAS 2012 Teeny-Bop Love Movie of the Year' - I was bitching at MissyD before the commercial was 30 seconds in!
The original did EVERYTHING right!
Got your attention.
Pissed you off with the 'SAP'.
Had the basic 'Beginning-Middle-End' construct of a 5th Grade 'Write Your Own Story'-assignment - and it was done REALLY WELL.
Then it threw everything into the toilet.
It was the PERFECT follow-up to the 'Beach Bums'.
The originals of both are classics, in my opinion.
What they have done TO them is simply terrible.

Sears damned near had me shopping for what I didn't need just because I wanted it - because of the commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic