Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. and Mrs. Carey and his and her KY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. and Mrs. Carey and his and her KY
    Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 5:12pm
This pops up from time to time. Mr. and Mrs. Carey use their KY and old footage of circuses are shown to simulate sex. Then the kids come hom pounding on the door while Mr. and Mrs. Carey lie there obviously having done the deed (blankets and clothes messy looking).
Sponsored Links

Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 8:57pm
Mr. and Mrs. Carey? As in Drew Carey and his wife? The rest of the nonsense aside, that alone is TMI for me!
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 10:14pm
That was my first reaction tooDead

Could have been MiMi.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 11:05pm
(go stand in the corner, Skibby!)
...awwwwgaaaaawwwwddd save me! Time to get back to the 'Hot Dog Contest' thread...LOLDead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 12:18am
Bad wordingPinch

How about:

"At least they didn't show MiMi."
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Nautigal Nautigal wrote:

Mr. and Mrs. Carey? As in Drew Carey and his wife?...
I always thought that Drew Carey was a . Confused

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 6:58am
Angry, why don't you ever use the word "gay"?  I'm not sure which disturbs me more: that you call all gay men "faggots" or that you write it in leetspeak.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 7:20am
1337$P33K IZ 4 @55/-/( )13$
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

1337$P33K IZ 4 @55/-/( )13$

I agree.  And it's just too much damned work to try to read!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Angry, why don't you ever use the word "gay"?  I'm not sure which disturbs me more: that you call all gay men "faggots" or that you write it in leetspeak.
Faith, I'm terribly sorry if this upset you. Ouch
Being a myself, I didn't realise that it was that upsetting...and I write it in "1337 5p34k" (like "") to circumvent the onboard censor that was in place prior to early-April 2008.
From this point forward, I'll only use that word in two circumstances:

1: In the "Fictional Band Names" thread.
2: If the person *REALLY* deserves to be called a .

Fair enough? Big%20smile

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Faith, I'm terribly sorry if this upset you. Ouch
Being a myself, I didn't realise that it was that upsetting...and I write it in "1337 5p34k" (like "") to circumvent the onboard censor that was in place prior to early-April 2008.
From this point forward, I'll only use that word in two circumstances:

1: In the "Fictional Band Names" thread.
2: If the person *REALLY* deserves to be called a .

Fair enough? Big%20smile

Angry, that is more than fair.  And I'm not sure I have the right to ask you not to use it, since you are gay.  But I feel like it's the same thing as black people using the N-word, or any group using any racial epithets about their own people, which is that while they have the right to use it about themselves, it's a derogatory word that they wouldn't want used against them by someone else.  I think it gives a false shield of legitimacy to any bigot who uses the derogatory word.

As for Number 2 above, when you say they really deserve to be called it, do you mean because they really are gay, or are you using it as a derogatory slur towards a straight person?

Anyway, thank you very much for being so understanding and willing to compromise.  I really appreciate it. Approve

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic