Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lindt Dark Chocolate  'With a Touch of Sea Salt'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lindt Dark Chocolate 'With a Touch of Sea Salt'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lindt Dark Chocolate 'With a Touch of Sea Salt'
    Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:50pm
Confused? Should I GAG?Dead
I just saw this when I was picking up candy for MissyDWolf.
I'm curious as can be, but just not THIS brave.
Anyone tried this?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:53pm
Yep...it's good.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:54pm
Also had the one with jalapenos. 
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:54pm
You've never had a chocolate covered pretzel?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

You've never had a chocolate covered pretzel?
ConfusedThanks CW & Hooty....where are my brains???!!! I LOVE choco pretzels - that thought didn't cross my mindlessness...think I'll go grab one of those.Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:06am
Sea salt is pretty weak, anyway.  Ya gotta use a lot to make something actually salty.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:48am
Pa, have you ever chased chocolate with beer?

Try it sometime if you haven't.

It's good!!!

Better if the beer is nice & cold.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 4:58am

^I think I saw chocolate truffles with a beer syrup centre.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 3:35pm
Beer syrup?????? Sick

I'd be leery of that.

I was talking about the crisp, sharp taste of a nice cold, fresh bottled lager washing away the sweet, creamy film left on the tongue by soft chocolate candy.

Delish!!! Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 3:52pm
^Nevah tried it myself.

And I'm not talking about the chocolate :P
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:19pm
Ooooh, the chocolate with sea salt is fantastic!  Same with the one with the chili pepper.  At my local store these are sold alongside (get ready) CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG, it's so good!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 3:33am
I used to love chocolate ice cream on Wheatsworth crackers.

I don't know if Wheatsworth are made the same way they used to be made though, so I don't know how good it would be today.

But back then, the taste of those slightly salty wheat crackers with that cool, creamy chocolate ice cream was just right.

C'mon, man!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:01pm
My in-laws all love potato chips with their ice cream.  I used to knock it...until I tried it!  I'll have to try Wheatsworth and ice cream together now!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 8:24pm
The basic Lindt chocolates are weird for me.  Sometimes I like em, sometimes I hate em.
I guess the key is for the center to be at just the right temperature.
I don't like it so cold that it is chewy, but not so warm that is a syrupy chocolate.
When the inside is warm it's just chocolate overload.
Just below room temp is best, but it's hard to keep them that way.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

My in-laws all love potato chips with their ice cream.  I used to knock it...until I tried it!  I'll have to try Wheatsworth and ice cream together now!

Yup, I used to do that with chips all the time. Liked it best with plain chocolate or vanilla ice cream. I liked to "mush up" the ice cream, and when it got to the consistency of a thick milk shake, dip the chips in it.

Or, just crumble the chips over the top of the ice cream like you'd do with nuts. Either way...yum!
Hundreds of threads killed.
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 3:20pm
Ben and Jerry's has an ice cream with chocolate-covered potato chip bits in it, "Late night snack". It's pretty damn good.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 9:47pm
Salty/sweet combination is usually the only thing that ever gets me over my cravings. If I eat something sweet, I crave salty, follow with something salty, sweet craving is back again.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 10:01pm
Ever since I FIRST saw it and passed it up, I have not been able to find it again....and now I really want some.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 6:38pm
Not to hijack this thread, but if anyone is ever craving a deliciuos salty and sweet treat, take one regular sized package of semi sweet chocolate chips, and one package of butterscotch chips and melt over medium heat (about five minutes, stirring constantly so they don't burn).  Take the melted chocolate off the heat and add one to two cups of salted peanuts, and one cup of crushed Ruffles potato chips.  Drop into clusters and refrigerate until firm.  Here's what they look like...they're sooooooo delicious!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:58pm
Big smileYay Me!!!
Yay Lindt!!!
Finally found one of these, last night...it will be slowly eaten. Very tasty.
It seems you get that 'touch of sea salt' at the very back-end of the flavor - really unusual.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:28pm
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic