Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Miserable St. Jude Children's Hospital Commercial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miserable St. Jude Children's Hospital Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 5:04am
"Virginia Dare", thank you for what you wrote.  There's something really pathological about people who think that supporting good works somehow translates to "supporting other peoples' children, because everyone ought to have perfect children or just not have them".  

I was just about to completely give up even reading this forum, as it seemed to me that many commenters hate ads because: there are overweight women, annoying women, airhead women, "unattractive" women in them...I still might never come back, as it seems this site attracts misogynists, but I just had to applaud your answer.  It was a nice change.

When I first came across this site, I found many of the people who post to be funny and lighthearted.  I don't know what changed but the humor seems few and far between now, and the predominant tone seems to be anger.  What a waste of a great idea.

To the funny ones - thanks for the laughs!  

To the angry ones - you've wrecked a good site and you need to calm down, possibly get a hobby, or at the very least make an attempt to understand why you're so angry at the world (and particularly why you are so angry at women).

I'll just have to find another amusing site to recommend to my blog readers.

Happy Holidays.
I blog, too.
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 6:44am
See you next Tuesday.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Cherry_Carver Cherry_Carver wrote:

I agree.  Why should we be subjected to weepy, slobbering images of dying children?  If someone else is stupid enough to send money to St. Jude, great, but leave the rest of us alone.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I REFUSE TO SUPPORT OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN.

It's not my problem if they're autistic, have cleft palates, require diapers or special medication, if they are starving, or if they have cancer.  People who cannot financially support children should be forcibly prevented from having ANY, either by law or by medical means.  Fertility drugs ought to be BANNED.  Women are producing litters of children they can't afford to raise, so they turn to charity, welfare or reality television.  The world is so overpopulated and polluted now that the climate is changing literally by the day.  The disasters we've already seen are nothing compared to what's coming.  China has the right idea: one child per household.  The rest get terminated. 

If I've offended anybody, I don't care.  Enough is enough.       

I don't disagree that people who can't afford basic needs for a child should postpone having children until they have the financial needs to do so, but I think the solution is to better educate people, not forcibly keep them from having kids.  If only people who could afford to care for a child with autism, cancer, etc. could have kids, then only the rich would be able to have children.  Considering most parents probably have their first child in their early 20s to mid, I'd say very few would be able to care for a child with cancer on their own.  As for fertility drugs, I think they are fine if you don't have any children yet, but if you already have a child, you shouldn't be using them.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 7:21pm
Why all the hatred for sick children!? Jeez! If I had more money I would donate! It's a good cause I'm just running on a tight budget!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 2:11am
i like the idea of giving to these organizations BUT its a cynical move to CRAM homeless dogs, cleft palates, starving intl fly-ridden kids and the puckishly impaired yet hopeful ALL the day RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS

i say so many of these dec. 26th i was ready for wrist slitting
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 4:32am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

...i was ready for wrist slitting
Don't do it - it will hurt, make a mess, you will cry and all of this will attract flies, not to speak of hospital bills and legal fines, so you'll end up hungry and homeless too. This would force our hands and we'd have to create our own pity puppy commercial, starring our own now-bagless tiki and we'd collect the funds.
Problem is this: We like money, too.Big smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
navel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 6:49pm
well, then you are a coward
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 8:00pm
^^^Clownwhat kind of troll-slime is that?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by navel navel wrote:

You signed up just to say that???!  Why?  It's neither funny nor biting, and you don't even say who you're addressing.  It might as well just be random letters banged out on a keyboard by a monkey.

If you're gonna troll, at least say something that might piss us off.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You signed up just to say that???!  Why?  It's neither funny nor biting, and you don't even say who you're addressing.  It might as well just be random letters banged out on a keyboard by a monkey.

If you're gonna troll, at least say something that might piss us off.

...could simply be communicable commentary from St. Jude's Medical Waste Bin
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 8:06pm
^LOL

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:51pm

What a weird and creepy first post. You will not be well liked here with that kind of attiude.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Polly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 5:00pm
Cherry,    I have never met anyone like you before and I hope I never do again.  Your lack of empathy suggests that you are probably a narcissist.  Talking to a narcissist is like talking to a brick wall.  I won't waste anymore time or words.
Redbeard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Redbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 1:45am
If you don't want to donate, then don't donate. Your pompous sermon isn't needed. I've never seen as many self-absorbed pr*cks as there are around here.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 4:26am
ARGH, this commercial (and the ASPCA ads), see them every late night..2, 3 am. I swear it's like a trick. they target a tired, drowsy viewer who may get emotional..which can be easy if one is struggling to sleep. (Whew..if they get goofy side effects after taking an Ambien, thats could be the "perfect prey.") I have a friend that takes Ambien..she bought a bunch of crap on Amazon more than once and not recalling it.

So they call and donate $100-$200..$1000 bucks and get a blanket or t shirt for their generous donation. 

SweetCrmPy69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetCrmPy69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 5:59am
YOU'RE A xxxx!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetCrmPy69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:00am
I agree! Psshhh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetCrmPy69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:02am
Go eat a bag of dicks!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:12am
LOL

Welcome to the forum!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by renatae renatae wrote:

[QUOTE=Cherry_Carver]I agree.  Why should we be subjected to weepy, slobbering images of dying children?  If someone else is stupid enough to send money to St. Jude, great, but leave the rest of us alone.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I REFUSE TO SUPPORT OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN.

It's not my problem if they're autistic, have cleft palates, require diapers or special medication, if they are starving, or if they have cancer.  People who cannot financially support children should be forcibly prevented from having ANY.

Does this go for the military as well? These soldiers AGREED  to go off to Afghani or Iraq or FRANCE and if their limbs get blown off, shouldnt our wondrous GOVT prop them up and see to their needs?
SAME THING
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
bobfloodeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bobfloodeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
I just LOVE posts like yours.   People that are willing to admit to the whole world what Aholes they are.   I'm sure the people that know you are already aware of that but now we all know .  May you and you children have a nice cancer free life.  These kids are not so lucky. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by bobfloodeen bobfloodeen wrote:

I just LOVE posts like yours.   People that are willing to admit to the whole world what Aholes they are.   I'm sure the people that know you are already aware of that but now we all know .  May you and you children have a nice cancer free life.  These kids are not so lucky. 
WinkThank You Sir and Welcome Aboard.
Well-said and it sure seems most if us readily agree with you.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Can we kill this thread already!?

It been beaten to death, resurrected for no good reason, and beat again.

It needs to die!

Resurrected AGAIN!  It's the Easter Effect!

Or the April Fools Day Effect.

Clown  Dead
RealityCheck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealityCheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 3:12am
Hey!  St. Jude's DOES NOT accept all children.  The sick children have to go through an application process.  This is an RESEARCH hospital.  They only take certain cases and turn the others away.  Their CEO makes about $7million.  That is where a great deal of the fund raising funds go.  50% goes to raise more funds.  The people who work there are inappropriate and political.  They are really mean spirited so I have decided not to give anymore to St. Jude's Hospital and give to other children's hospital instead.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic