Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tiddy Bear!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiddy Bear!
    Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 4:41am
Friends, how did we miss this one?

Sponsored Links

JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 6:31am
Why would you hate the tiddy bear?
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 6:48am
WHY do they call it a TIDDY bear?  Yes, I get that it's a play on "Teddy Bear," but you can't tell me they aren't trying to call it a "titty" bear (God, how I hate that word).  They had to spell the damned thing out, because they KNOW what it sounds like.

It's a good idea for a product, but the name sucks.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 11:34am
WOW does that name suck.

Sure it's a cute idea, I guess... but ladies wouldn't you feel like an idiot if you someone you knew saw you driving around with that thing on?  They couldn't miss it, seeing that the thing is bright orange.

Beyond that: they're marketing it to kids (or moms who drive kids and buy stuff for them).  You can get 2 for $15.  That means the cost per Tiddy is $7.50. 

It's essentially a beanie baby knockoff, with a snapping strap sewn on to it.  Considering the labor and expected profit, that original bear might be they kind you can get for a dollar, or win at a carnival throwing stuff through empty toilet seats.  Anyway - I would venture a guess that the Tiddy Bear's eyes and nose pose a choking hazard to children under 3, not meeting JPMA guidelines; which means it's only a matter of time before they are forced take it off the market.

Get 'em while you can.

Or not.

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 6:42pm
ohhhhhhhhh....believe me...we've been down this alley before!  (one of the 'lost threads')
the unspeakable things we did to the 'Tiddy Bear'!.....ohhh...

(whispering) "...the HORROR...the HORROR..."
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 8:20am
LOL, What will they think of next?? How about the BOOBboon?? LOL

Yep like PA said, we had this post on the other board. I think I am actually the one who started it. I am pretty sure I started one about it. Sometimes, you how it goes, when this board gets fired up good, a topic can go off the front page QUICK!!! Then someone esle will start another post on the same subject. LOL Seems to be the norm. My wife actually bought a pad for her shoulder strap. She laughed hard when she say this friggin thing.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 5:25pm
OMG, it's not a joke!!!  I thought it was a spoof commercial!!!  Confused
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic