Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2009 Superbowl XLIII AD REVIEW
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGeneral Electric: Scarecrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Electric: Scarecrow
    Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 4:23am
Ad with a scarecrow promoting "Smart Grid" technology.

By the way, GE owns NBC, the network the Super Bowl is on this year.

Sponsored Links

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2009 at 6:57am
Yep, and from what I've heard GE has lost a HELLUVALOTTA money the past few years. I wonder where they are getting the funds to run ads during the Super Bowl! OH  WAIT, they own the station.....hmmmm seems kind of odd don't ya think?? LOL
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
pslawinski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pslawinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 3:03pm
Looks like a public relations ad to me.

It's pretty clear that whoever made this ad knows very little about electrical engineering.  I love the station post insulators just sitting on top of that truss, doing nothing useful at all.  I'll give the animators that one, nobody expects them to know anything about electrical engineering.  What I won't give them is the disappearing wire.  Overall, the idea of a scarecrow in a substation (if that's what they're trying to make it look like) is an awful idea.  The scarecrow is conductive and flammable, so if you ask me, "if he only had a brain," he'd stay the heck away from all this high voltage.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 3:19pm
It would have been a lot better (and funnier) if at the point when the Scarecrow reached out and grasped both elements ZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!!!! (And the Scarecrow's TOAST!)LOL
Hurricanes don't blow, THEY SUCK!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

It would have been a lot better (and funnier) if at the point when the Scarecrow reached out and grasped both elements ZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!!!! (And the Scarecrow's TOAST!)LOL

"If I only had a BRAAAAAAAAAAAIIIAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
*ZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

LOL

THIS ONE indeed SUCKS as a superbowl ad.

good catch on the disappearing wire and the badly designed electricity towers pslawinski, I never noticed that before.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 8:49pm
This one could have been good if they worked on it some more I thought...took a while to put it together in my head what they where trying to advertise.
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 9:29pm
I liked this one.    Good animation and better than the recycled ad.    Yes, the GE ad with the little boy "capturing the wind" in the jar is an old ad, just with different(and worse) music.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 7:58pm
So much for the 'Tesla Coil Effect'...(oops...'scuse me - wrong current management methodology!) 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic