Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico- Pig at the DMV (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico- Pig at the DMV (video)
    Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 3:14pm
This one does not get a high rating on the hate scale but anytime the pig speaks it bugs me.
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 7:13pm
Ugh. Every Geico ad is a pain in my butt.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 8:18pm

The end: pig-ass turns my stomach every time.

Makes me want to jump in the blackillac, run over a porker and file a claim.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 8:39pm
^LOL
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:10am
Hasn't someone made bacon and pork chops out of that stupid pig yet? If not why not?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:17am
Always hated that smug sounding little bastard!Angry Especially the commercial where he's at the baseball game - Pig in a blanket
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:20am
Originally posted by diezman diezman wrote:

Always hated that smug sounding little bastard!Angry Especially the commercial where he's at the baseball game - Pig in a blanket

You...um.. don't enjoy listening to.. erm.. someone hanging on his...eh.. own every word and acting..ehem, like you don't have.. um.. anything better to do either?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:21am

I'm so sick of anything "Geico", that I don't even know why I clicked on this thread.

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:10am
Originally posted by diezman diezman wrote:

This comment should be framed! I couldn't have even said it better myself. And his voice...I picture a freaky looking weirdo voicing him.
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:20am
That pig needs to wee-wee-wee all the way to the deli. 
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Blix Blix wrote:

That pig needs to wee-wee-wee all the way to the deli. 

LOLLOLLOLLOL I liked Maxwell in his first commercial, the "wee wee wee" one. Now I wish he'd go away.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 10:22am
The first commercial was the only one that had any kind of context to link a pig to car insurance, if even as an obscure comparison. Obviously he got positive feedback as one of the more enjoyable characters of that particular campaign, so naturally by adtard math that means that everyone loves pigs and would want to see one in all sorts of everyday, insurance-related situations.

I'm just glad they stopped looking for ways to make him say "wee".

There's a local lawyer in these parts with a commercial where he knocks out a caveman in a boxing ring, then punches at a plastic gecko, "taking on big insurance". I'd love to see a spot where he sits down eating a plate of ham and eggs.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

There's a local lawyer in these parts with a commercial where he knocks out a caveman in a boxing ring, then punches at a plastic gecko, "taking on big insurance". I'd love to see a spot where he sits down eating a plate of ham and eggs.

I'm surprised they get away with that.  We had a lawyer here (Berg Injury here, Carter-Mario elsewhere) who created an ad that looked just like the Allstate "Mayhem" commercials.

Well, I guess they're lawyers so they know how to get away with such things.  Maybe they just keep it going until Allstate or Geico or whoever issues a "cease and desist".

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I'm surprised they get away with that.  We had a lawyer here (Berg Injury here, Carter-Mario elsewhere) who created an ad that looked just like the Allstate "Mayhem" commercials.

Well, I guess they're lawyers so they know how to get away with such things.  Maybe they just keep it going until Allstate or Geico or whoever issues a "cease and desist".

A number of law firms just recently had to pull the 'small parody for big insurance' ads they were sold for use as 'pre-packaged commercials'. The big boys wasted no time in ganging up on trademark infringers.
One had almost-'Flo' coming to see a lawer, all banged up and wearing huge, dark glasses, another had the Gecko with a bah over his head, there was one with ducks and, of course, Mayhem.
Ambulance-chasers and other low-life lawyers everywhere tried them out, but a few good lawyers surprised and shocked us by using them. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:58pm
I miss when the pig would cry "WHEE-WHEE-WHEE-WHEEEEEEEE~!" Commercials where he doesn't do that make me painfully aware of how many fillers he has in his speech. Too many "uhms"...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:01pm
^^^Maybe it's time for him to go do foreign commercials.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:05pm
^Damn, That doesn't look like a very good cut of meat.Thumbs Down
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:13pm
^Didn't you ever wonder what was in that chili cheese dog?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 1:23am
^Angel farts and unicorn hair and everything magical..

..and maxwell hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic