Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gatorade bar Bah Bah chant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gatorade bar Bah Bah chant
    Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 2:23pm
Not sure what I hate most about this, the annoying chant, the macho crap, or the man bun.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 2:55pm
That was TERRIBLE!

Man buns must DIE!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 2:31am
Pinch Yeesh... Gatorade commercials suck. This one almost made my last year's worst list:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:41am
I don't go for all that "in your face" crap.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Pinch Yeesh... Gatorade commercials suck. This one almost made my last year's worst list:

I've grown to HATE that song. Payola radio specifically 102.9 The Whale and 99.1 WPLR have played it TO DEATH! Why not play some obscure songs for once?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I've grown to HATE that song. Payola radio specifically 102.9 The Whale and 99.1 WPLR have played it TO DEATH! Why not play some obscure songs for once?

Oh I know. I'm sick of people butchering "Bohemian Rhapsody" too. Seems like every other week some dope is mutilating that song. I think that all started with "Wayne's World." Thanx heaps, Mike Myers. LOL
eli1313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eli1313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 2:44pm
I couldn't even tell you what song they are singing with them speaking with their mouths full. Disgusting.
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 2:43pm
This whole commercial is gag-inducing. I hate everything about it. The dumb chanting that builds up to the excessively grandiose (and yet, utterly lame) "pump-up" music.* The obnoxious, smug dullard-athlete machismo. The fact that half the commercial is spent with people singing with food shoved in their mouths like disgusting slobs. That freaking manbun... Everything!

I know it's only January, but this is already probably going to be making into my top 10 worst ads of 2017. Everything about it is just so irritating and cringe-worthy. Yet, somehow, I always have to stop to watch the commercials that disgust me the most, whenever they come on. They're just such train wrecks, I can't look away, despite being thoroughly annoyed the whole time. It's a curse! Do other people have this problem?

*Coincidentally, I saw this ad for the first time not long after making a complaint about the prevalence of these very things in sports commercials a while back. It felt both like a validation of my annoyance with sports ads and the universe giving me the finger.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 4:08pm
Anyone else notice the one particular physical trait almost every prominently featured character in the ad shares?

And that the only featured character who didn't share it, was portrayed in the second ad as lying down, asleep?

What exactly is Gatorade trying to suggest here?

Who are they attempting to reach and why?
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 5:50pm
That's a song by Kanye West, Genius...or so we are told.  Notice that they aren't singing the third verse, and a good thing they aren't.  Might make some folks a bit upset and less likely to buy Gatorade bars.  "Something wrong, I hold my head, M.J. gone, our nigga dead!  I slapped my girl, she called the feds....Fast life, drug life, thug life, rock life."  And it gets worse from there.  Dead

CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

That's a song by Kanye West, Genius...or so we are told.  Notice that they aren't singing the third verse, and a good thing they aren't.  Might make some folks a bit upset and less likely to buy Gatorade bars.  "Something wrong, I hold my head, M.J. gone, our nigga dead!  I slapped my girl, she called the feds....Fast life, drug life, thug life, rock life."  And it gets worse from there.  Dead

LOL  Clap

I don't know much about the guy other than he is an arrogant SOB.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 8:38pm
OMG! Is that the REAL lyrics?
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

OMG! Is that the REAL lyrics?

Unfortunately, yes!

Makes me wonder if anybody in the Advertising World ever listens to the songs they use.  If you want to be shocked even more, listen (if you can stand it) to Ariana Grande's little ditty that's used in the cutesy T-Mobile ads  - "Side to Side" is just filthy.ShockedShocked 
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Got to consider the 'listening community' and remember other things we do for entertainment, such as takes the kids to the zoo. They get much of the same visual effect, lot less lip from the occupants.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic