Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freakin' Chevy Focus Groups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Is there ANYONE here who can quote a posting without reposting all the pictures? The main reason I find this site unusable. Threads that repeat graphics and videos over and over and over.
Chillax! Wink

It takes a bit more time but, I (or anyone else) can drag copy and paste instead of hitting the quote button.

I guess thats how those blondes with those nice legs felt when the Chevy dude chucked their phoes in the wood chipper/big vegamatic! LOL
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 9:29pm
^LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

It takes a bit more time but, I (or anyone else) can drag copy and paste instead of hitting the quote button.

I use the quote feature, but I delete all the text and pics and vids that are irrelevant to what I'm responding to. 

Sometimes when people quote everything, I don't know who or what they're responding to.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 11:48pm
F
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I use the quote feature, but I delete all the text and pics and vids that are irrelevant to what I'm responding to. 

Sometimes when people quote everything, I don't know who or what they're responding to.

Can be a hodgepdge many a times. However, some of the funniest stuff has come out of those long winded pic and video overkill/overload poasts.  Have noticed, the American car commercials always try to sneak in at least a little leggage and other T & A even hippie liberal Bernie Saunders Subaru, with the Daddy's girl commercial. A soccer clad teen showing leg albeit one of them has a thigh high cast (subliminal for thigh high hooker foot and leg ware.) At the prom with a minidress prom getup that is close to showing some trim. And then when she's a college or young professional sporting the Ali Mc. Beal mini dress/skirt outfit. No problems with me on those counts. I guess most of these cars are boringly styled jelly beans so you need some young hotties to spice things up.
Falal dee da, I dream of a government led by Bernie and Hillary, I love the UN, I want one world government, I recycle my toilet paper and hang it to dry, I believe in political correctness and anyone that speaks out of turn has to hug a tree and get flogged for 24 hours. I love and dreaming of a pea green Subaru box, skinny recycled  unwashed worn skinny jeans and drinking organic goat nektar and may  I be blessed witn NPR round the clock and convenient drum circles I can walk and meditate to where we will sing koom ba ya.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 11:56pm

LOL

But, hmmmmm...

flight of ideas

a nearly continuous flow of rapid speech that jumps from topic to topic, usually based on discernible associations, distractions, or plays on words, but in severe cases so rapid as to be disorganized and incoherent. It is most commonly seen in manic episodes but may also occur in other mental disorders, such as in manic phases of schizophrenia.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOL

But, hmmmmm...

flight of ideas

a nearly continuous flow of rapid speech that jumps from topic to topic, usually based on discernible associations, distractions, or plays on words, but in severe cases so rapid as to be disorganized and incoherent. It is most commonly seen in manic episodes but may also occur in other mental disorders, such as in manic phases of schizophrenia.

I'm picturing Rod Sirling circa 1961 in black and white saying those same words!

I approve this message.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 6:19pm
Not sure if anyone has seen this one since we get different commercials in Canada, but it's the most annoying Chevy Focus Group commercial ever, as it contains all the things I hate in a commercial, with the added bonus of children. The bobble-head boy is most annoying, because he's 'pretty jealous' - and then the kids all say (in unison, no less) "Oh my gosh" Like "gosh" is a word that kids today use on a regular basis, even though I haven't seen the word ever used except in an Archie comic, or on reruns of Leave it to Beaver. not to mention when I first saw it, I though it said Clans vs Zombies Modern Warfare 2, but it said Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, which I didn't know was even a game and had to google it just to be sure. Also, wondering (based on the diverse age group) are these the children of the producers and chevy top ceo's or a combined classroom out on a field trip to a chevy plant, or did chevy kidnap these kids off the street? Anyhoo, here is the awful commercial in it's entirety, you be the judge:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 6:52pm
^ I can't stand this one.

And what parents are going to consult with the children when deciding to buy a new car?

Hate it!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 9:24pm
Is it just me, or are there something like 30 different kids in this video?

This commercial sucks.
Nothing about Chevy quality, price, safety ratings, or anything else.
The big draw is you can play video games in it.  Wow!

Talk about distracted driving!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:13pm
In a perfect World, this would happen.
Kill these silly "real people" ads with fire...and brimstone.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:15pm
I HATE the one where they ask a bunch of tools if they want to try driving in a snow storm. A) It's not snowing. There is white stuff on the ground but who knows if it's a prop. B) They follow this ridiculous "obstacle" course going about 8 MPH yet they feel "confident" and "like the traction" PLEASE! Try spinning out in an ice storm at 40 MPH and tell me how great you feel driving that now dented Chevy that got hooked over a guard rail.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 2:48am
Provides stimulation for the children. Because with today's attention spans, looking at passing scenery is boring after 6.2 seconds.
Oh my "Gosh" is normal with generation-Z kids. As is the word "like" every three words. Valley girl at its finest...
Hopefully they use headphones/earbuds with the video games/iPads, or this will be a nightmare for drivers...talk about a nasty distraction with all of the game sound effects and the movies in the background!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Fake Testimonials View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fake Testimonials Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 12:48am
So glad I found this site!

I absolutely HATE this commercial with every fiber of my being.

I am at the point in my life where I start screaming and cursing at the TV every time I see a "fake testimonial" to sell a darn product. How horrible is it that a company is trying to sell me something by creating a fake effing testimonial. I cant deal with this!!!

Hopefully this site will act as therapy for me!

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 5:58am
So glad I found this site!

I absolutely HATE this commercial with every fiber of my being.

I am at the point in my life where I start screaming and cursing at the TV every time I see a "fake testimonial" to sell a darn product. How horrible is it that a company is trying to sell me something by creating a fake effing testimonial. I cant deal with this!!!

Hopefully this site will act as therapy for me!

Fake Testimonials, Welcome! This site acts as therapy for it's members. We all hate the dreck that is called the commercial. If you hate them like we do, you will be welcomed with open arms! Have fun venting about idiotic ads!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 5:01pm
Oh haha hehe ho ho! How f**king funny! These idiots laugh at everything the rest of the focus group says! Oh so you think it great that the car mutes the radio until the the seat belt fastens whoopdef**kingdoo I don't give a sh*t! Also these idiots who say "oh my Audi don't to that" or "my Beamer doesn't have that!" I DONT BELIEVE YOU! GET REAL!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 7:51am
Yeah, as if this new generation of retards can't figure out how to overide this and turn the radio up, or just get wireless Bluetooth speakers. It still doesn't stop them from texting while driving. This generation of assclowns will kill more people in driving accidents than the last. The only thing to do is put small cell blockers inside cares that doesn't effect what's built in. I dunno.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Oh haha hehe ho ho! How f**king funny! These idiots laugh at everything the rest of the focus group says! Oh so you think it great that the car mutes the radio until the the seat belt fastens whoopdef**kingdoo I don't give a sh*t! Also these idiots who say "oh my Audi don't to that" or "my Beamer doesn't have that!" I DONT BELIEVE YOU! GET REAL!

My god, I noticed this insipid background laughing from the 'focus group' a$$hats in this ad last night. I never noticed it until I wasn't actually looking at the TV, just heard it as I was on the computer. I mumbled to myself, "WTF is so funny??"

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Yeah, as if this new generation of retards can't figure out how to overide this and turn the radio up, or just get wireless Bluetooth speakers. It still doesn't stop them from texting while driving. This generation of assclowns will kill more people in driving accidents than the last. The only thing to do is put small cell blockers inside cares that doesn't effect what's built in. I dunno.

As dangerous and annoying as texting is, I wouldn't recommend a cell jammer to combat it.
In the US, the FCC has a "zero tolerance" policy on jammers.
Each offense could cost you $112,500, even for a first offense.
If you own a jammer, get rid of it.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 1:48am
There are situations where I would love to try a jammer, the fear of getting caught and slammed with a massive fine is a bigger turn off. This happened a few years ago here in Philly.

I get this particular guys frustration, but he comes off like a total d-bag with no friends. 

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:43am
i'd hit that blond..seriously-but that bearded TOOL on this ad makes me kvetch
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 3:59pm
the ones with the small kids are edited like crazy. Everytime the camera angle changes, there's a totally different group of kids from the ones we just saw. 
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 2:30am
There is something about the actor who hosts the Chevy ads that annoys me. Too low key.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:00am

New one features cell phone addicts choosing emojis. How many Chevy Cruises are they going to sell to pre-schoolers? The video I found is a dealership version. Sorry!

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:25pm
The one where they are only allowed to use emoticons is about the dumbest ideas to begin with. Then the part about the unicorn takes it to a new level of stupidity.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:20pm
^LOL

The commercial that Sarge posted...I will thank GOD when they stop this series!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic