Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zyrtec "Time in a Bottle"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 6:42am
SorrySorrysorry Sorry, I didn't realize this was a hate commercial forum until after I registered. I wanted to explain my thoughts as to what the "time in a bottle" reference meant to me. I don't mind the Zyrtec commercial. I thought the gal looked like the gal who plays Nicole" on "Days". I was trying to find out her name to see if it was her! I will try to go to one of the other forums on this site. Thanks. Jean
Sponsored Links

korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 8:14am
commercialsilove.com?

I bet that forum wouldn't hold much water.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by jean jean wrote:

SorrySorrysorry Sorry, I didn't realize this was a hate commercial forum until after I registered. I wanted to explain my thoughts as to what the "time in a bottle" reference meant to me. I don't mind the Zyrtec commercial. I thought the gal looked like the gal who plays Nicole" on "Days". I was trying to find out her name to see if it was her! I will try to go to one of the other forums on this site. Thanks. Jean

We claim to be here to hate, and we do plenty of that - but there is much love tossed into the mix as well.

<dodging rotten tomato barrage>

It's not Nicole, but they look like they could be related.  Nicole is the mom in the Burger King apple dippers commercial, which ends with the burger prince kicking the king in the shins.

We have a thread going on that commercial, elsewhere in the forum.  I believe we not only hated on the commercial, the king, but also the concept of spoiled children getting too much french fry and not enough home-sliced fruit.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 9:41pm
Tomorrow(Sep. 20) is the 35th anniversary of Jim Croce's death.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 10:09pm
Ah, "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown" as well.  We had some good music in the day.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Ah, "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown" as well.  We had some good music in the day.
LOLI simply don't believe YOU put it that way!
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 6:45am
Well, at least he didn't say 'Back in the day'!Wink
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 8:44am
I finally paid attention to this woman and saw her snaggletooth!]

Is this the same woman who was in a commercial for a cat product (probably food) a few years back, and was talking about her cat, Rufus (said in the "burp voice," as I think Holly Rock calls it)?
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 12:03pm
Did I actually say that?  LOL  It does sound like something I'd say...don't remember it.

I do remember the Rufus commercial, though.  Maybe it was the same gal.

Nathan knows her, I bet he'd know.
raiderhater4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raiderhater4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 8:28pm
I ahte it too but WHO is that actress?
LIZARD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIZARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 9:37pm
Apparently, Jim wrote "Time In a Bottle" for A. J., his son. I would think he would have stood up to them with a cease and desist order. Sad...Unhappy

LIZARD
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I finally paid attention to this woman and saw her snaggletooth!]Is this the same woman who was in a commercial for a cat product (probably food) a few years back, and was talking about her cat, Rufus (said in the "burp voice," as I think Holly Rock calls it)?

She was not the Rufus lady and I believe Rufus was a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, not a cat.

She's an incredibly talented actress named Kathleen Rose Perkins.
I have worked with hundreds of actors and I would place her easily in the top ten.

Casting agents do not like straight teeth.
People with super straight gleaming white teeth don't look like normal people, they look like models.
davedeuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davedeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 11:55pm
Nathan, if you know the "Time in a Bottle" lady you are one lucky fellow indeed. The look on her face just says intelligent and personable. Tell her she is terrific for me.

As far as the commercials being irritating.... you sure do remember the product don't you. When time comes to go find something to take care of your (or a loved ones) allergies you'll sure remember Zyrtec now won't you?

Dave

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 12:25am
Ooh, it seems the big Advertiser big shot think he knows everything now!!!!

I'm sorry but you aren't the all powerful authority to tell me which commercials are effective and which ones aren't.

Y'see we in the public, when we see a bad annoying irritating commercial, we think MUTE, and after that we think "I don't care for this product" and we set are brains to IGNORE!!!!

I've seen that stupid Zrytec ad 3,888,999,276 times at least, yet still haven't bought one bottle once. Also the advertising geniuses think repeating the same freaking ad more and more will get us to pay attention to it, problem is the more you repeat something the more we we become numb to it, the effect WEARS OFF.

Originally posted by davedouche davedouche wrote:

As far as the commercials being irritating.... you sure do remember the product don't you. When time comes to go find something to take care of your (or a loved ones) allergies you'll sure remember Zyrtec now won't you?

Also please do not talk to us like easily influenced infants, it sounds so damn condescending.

You think you're such a brand genius thinking you know what products we should buy, for our own good. You're scared we won't buy the popular well known brand? aren't you?

SOB! the same POS commercial came on!!!!!!!!! set remote to MUTE! FIRE!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 12:39am
So... AdN, quick question:
Which allergy medicine works faster, Benadryl or Zyrtec?
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 12:39am
...well anyway....

The more memorable Zyrtec commercial, for me, is with the perky (possibly anorexic) brunette in the yellow top.

I really don't like that commercial (the perky one) but it tells me more about what the product does, and does it "for a full 24 hours" than this campaign.

The actress seems nice (?) and her teeth are just fine.  She seems relatable, especially now that Nathan mentioned the "realness" of non-perfect teeth.  The cat seems cool, too ;)

But back to the commercial itself: I disagree - it's not memorable for the virtues of the product it sells.  What sticks is the cat, the relatable girl (in a nice dress) and that she is reminding us of a Jim Croce song.  ...Zyrtec, what...?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 12:43am
If you want the truth about that it will depend where you get the information from.

I refuse to parrot a stupid advertising line.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 1:48am
I am soooo tired of this commercial.
I actually found myself correcting her last night by saying, no, no you don't have time in a bottle.  Now go make me a sammich!
was feeling nostalgic
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 3:34pm
mmmm.... sandwich....
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 11:29pm
The main thing about this commercial that irritates me (besides the fact I see it 75 times a day) is when she says "Ingredients: TWO HOURS you didn't have before!" Since when does medicine have ingredients? It's not like you put in some flour, apple juice and Tabasco sauce to make Zyrtec. It's just a bunch of chemicals, right?
brokentrombone View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokentrombone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2008 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

The main thing about this commercial that irritates me (besides the fact I see it 75 times a day) is when she says "Ingredients: TWO HOURS you didn't have before!" Since when does medicine have ingredients? It's not like you put in some flour, apple juice and Tabasco sauce to make Zyrtec. It's just a bunch of chemicals, right?

Usually on a bottle NON-prescriped (Tylenol, Benedryl, etc.) meds there is a list of both ACTIVE and INACTIVE ingredients.

However, the 2 hours you didn't have before BS is very annoying.  Like suddenly just becuse of alergies, time stops or skips ahead.  I don't really think it's all that clever.

And the stupid reference to the song Time In a Bottle peeves me because not everyone with alergies who would purchase Zyrtec knows that song...it's from the 70's for crying out lound.  What if I was only 18...most likely I would have no idea what the hell they were talking about.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2008 at 2:51am
The baby boomers, most were in their teens and twenties in the 1970s are still one of the largest groups out their with purchasing power.  That's why the lame 70s reference.
I got that song as a gift, when I was in my teens, from my parents for Christmas. It was on the album Photographs & Memories - Jim Croce.  It wasn't one of my favorites, it's Ok, but a bit corny.

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2008 at 5:06am
I may still have that cassette in my basement somewhere.
It sure got a bit of use as some late night music as a teen..Wink

was feeling nostalgic
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2008 at 7:14am
Shadow, you are killing me with your avatar (it's back!!!) and the little guy doing penis aerobics.  LOL LOL LOL
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2008 at 12:47pm
Holy crap this lady is annoying.  So annoying, in fact, that I had to create an account here just so I could complain about her.  I scramble for the remote every time this commercial comes on and either mute her as fast as I can or change the channel.  If I see her smug face say "two hours ya didn't have before" one more time I will pull my hair out.

Ugh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic