Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arby's "Good Mood Sing-Along" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arby's "Good Mood Sing-Along" (video)
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:13am
Shame on them all! Nobody in this commercial deserves to live...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 2:18pm
Saw this for the first time last night and was going to post about it today.  Is that song We Are the World?  Ay gevalt.

ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 4:03pm

This makes me Angry

mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:14pm
"Good Mood Food" sounds so cheesy.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:10pm
Just goes to show anybody, but anybody can produce commercials for Arby's.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 3:58pm
I hope they weren't trying to be serious. Good mood food is such a terrible slogan! WTF is good mood food anyway? If I'm in a bad mood I should eat at McDonald's but if I'm in a good mood I should eat at Arby's?? Arby's sucks. Good mood food is the type of crappy slogan that people in my marketing classes would have come up with. If they paid someone to come up with it then they got hosed.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:53pm

What's worse is the slogan isn't even good mood food, as in food you eat when you're in a good mood, but good "mood" (made up word that rhymes with good) food.  REALLY???  Who on earth came up with this, and how did it make it on the air?  How much money are they wasting on these garbage commercials?  This commercial makes my eyes bleed.

Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 9:40pm
ARGH !

*facepalm*

*double facepalm*

*triple facepalm*

I want run these singers over with my car it's THAT BAD!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

WTF is good mood food anyway?

A different term for pot brownies, maybe? I dunno.  
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 6:58pm
I know I already posted but this commercial is making me even angrier every time I see it.  I HATE the lead guy. The way he tries sooo hard to croon CAAAAT pee pole, DAAAAWG pee pole. WTF, do you think you actually sound good? And no lady, we DON'T all look the same nude. I call BS on that. They don't even look fundamentally the same! Lastly when he's doing his bouncy dance thing at the end, again, he's trying wayyyyy too hard.

I bet this guy was psyched when he learned he would be the "lead" in this ad. He probably told all his friends and even got them together to watch the first airing. He's so proud of himself, I can feel it. I just want to pop his bubble and tell him how badly he sucks.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:50pm
He probably added "Singer" in his facebook profile too.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 1:58pm
Oh God...Mitch Miller is rolling in his grave now!...
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 12:32am
I would like to retract my comment - I think they really are saying "good mood food", it's just they say it so fast and sloppy it sounds like good "mood" (word that rhymes with good) food.  Either way, really crappy slogan.  Also, I completely agree with Hezadancer - "we all look the same way nude!"  Really???  Who on earth came up with that, and why?
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 2:05am
The first few times I saw this ad I thought he was saying "good good food".
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 3:30am
Originally posted by belc0011 belc0011 wrote:

...Also, I completely agree with Hezadancer - "we all look the same way nude!"  Really???  Who on earth came up with that, and why?
WinkC'mon now! See it from Arby's point of view - if we gouged our eyes out with hot irons and had our arms and legs whacked off by harvesters, well, I'm thinkin',  to each other, we'd all look the same to each other, nude.
Or...well, maybe we wouldn't really care.
However, we COULD possibly be in the mood for 'good mood food', if'n we could still chew...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:38am
The first time I saw this ad (actually I didn't see the visuals), my twisted little brain parsed the second "line" as

Cat peep-hole, dog peep-hole
We all look the same way nude

O_o  No wonder it made even less sense then.  Still doesn't...but my mind keeps going back to that pervy pets visual (now I know why all our cats loved waiting at the bathroom door whenever someone took a shower).
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 5:52pm
LOL my dog just woke up and gave me a dirty look.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by orion70 orion70 wrote:

LOL my dog just woke up and gave me a dirty look.  
ConfusedLeave your dog alone! You are supposed to be thinking about 'good MOOd food' (Arby's says so!) - so, if you're going to have something wake up and give you a 'dirty look', doncha think it should be your cow?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 11:06pm
What... in the name of... ???? ErmmConfusedWackoSickDead

I'm just now getting the stench of the BK Breakfast Marching Morons out of my system, now THIS?!
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 11:44pm
This is one of those commercials that makes me just shake my head.

Imagine...a group of people had to sit around a table in a conference room and brainstorm about ad concepts for Arby's...and they came up with THIS.

Then, even more incredibly, another group of people, mostly likely wearing very expensive suits, had to sit around a table in another conference room and listen to the first group of people present this concept...and the suits thought this was a great idea, and approved it, and then approved paying a huge sum of money, probably more than I will make in my lifetime, to air this stinking piece of crap ad!!!

Just thinking about this makes my head hurt!!!Angry
Hundreds of threads killed.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:12am
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

This is one of those commercials that makes me just shake my head.

Imagine...a group of people had to sit around a table in a conference room and brainstorm about ad concepts for Arby's...and they came up with THIS.

Then, even more incredibly, another group of people, mostly likely wearing very expensive suits, had to sit around a table in another conference room and listen to the first group of people present this concept...and the suits thought this was a great idea, and approved it, and then approved paying a huge sum of money, probably more than I will make in my lifetime, to air this stinking piece of crap ad!!!

Just thinking about this makes my head hurt!!!Angry

There's even a possibility it was tested in front of a focus group audience. Meaning even more dead brain morons approved it!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:19pm
This commercial sucks and it puts me in a BAD mood so I guess I won't be going to Arby's any time soon.
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:57pm
Arby's sucks.  Goes through my system with all the subtlety and grace of a nuclear bomb.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 4:29am
Who even knows what "good mood food" means. 
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 1:06am
Even stupider is the one with the RB docuhenozzle talking about "The Man" telling you how to eat roast beef. Yeah, fight the power! Rock on, party hard! or at least as much as processed beef can rock.

It's like these brain dead imbiciles think some teenagers and college students are gonna suddenly get up and say "Yeah let's eat at Arby's, Cuz they're stickin' it to da man!" The only thing we need now are guitar licks and some douchebag screaming "IT'S EXTREME!!!" like he has a bad case of diarrhea and ran out of toilet paper.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic