Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carnival 'Mom Caught Air!' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carnival 'Mom Caught Air!' (video)
    Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 2:38am
Dead...'Damaged Goods'...yea, that'd be me - but maybe this commercial is giving me an idea of what to do should we hit the lottery.
Go on a cruise.
Why? What gives me the idea?
The commercial starts out with "...Mom caught air..."
Big deal, huh? It's what registers in that blob referred to as my "brain" - I hear, "...Mom passed gas...".
Happens every stinkin' time, doncha know..and, after that, all I want is to smell is the gasless breeze blowing over the water...MissyDWolf can lounge around and fart all day long, as long as she's outside and downwind...maybe that will help others 'catch air'...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 2:46am
I just hate that DARN SONG. WORSE SONG EVER.
Urg. It makes my skin curse and scream.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 5:36pm
I don't like the music...but, I think it is kind of neat that we are seeing commercial Mom who isn't nagging, fawning over air freshener, making her husband look stupid, being arrogant, etc.  She looks like she is happy and having fun!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 2:52am
This commercial reeks of "be the cool mom!" Ugh trust me kids aren't going to think you're cool because you're a mom on a wave runner. Why do people care so much about being the "cool" mom? Not to mention the little nuggets about her book club peppered in there. They're obviously catering to boring old housewives who want to be hip again.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I don't like the music...but, I think it is kind of neat that we are seeing commercial Mom who isn't nagging, fawning over air freshener, making her husband look stupid, being arrogant, etc.  She looks like she is happy and having fun!

Besides, it'll give mom something fresh to post on facebook:
"Mom gets air!"
jimcrackz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimcrackz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:54am
Mom just caught air....... and Dad just caught VD from a barmaid while Mom was catching air.......      Ahhh the Holidays
"Your mother is a newbie"
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:28pm
LOLClap
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

yeah it is nice to have a change of pace. and i too have never like the song that plays in the Carnival commercials. i don't understand how it ever became a hit. same beat and same lyrics over and over.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
Morons on the loose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:12am

Just saw this one and have to agree – dumb, dumb, dumb!!! Mom “catching air” seriously overdramatizes the Carnival cruise experience. Were all supposed to believe attending a Carnival cruise has so much fun in the air we’ll be overtaken and be the next coming of Evil Knievel. Well I’ve been on a Carnival cruise and I can say with 100% certainty that will NEVER happen again. What I thought of Carnival: they are cheap & second rate.

Also at the end of this commercial it tells you to log on Facebook and tell them what we’ve always wanted to do. What is that? I liked Facebook when it first came out but it wore out real quick. I still login every 3 weeks or so and it’s a good place to keep up with folks you wouldn’t otherwise but who the hell uses Facebook to write to correspond with every business asking you to write on their Facebook page. I just don’t get it, who would do this? Who would ‘friend’ a business?

133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 4:26am
my family went on a Carnival cruise to Mexico back in '93. i was too young to really give a damn but my parents weren't fans of Carnival afterwards.

and i have "friended" businesses on FB. you get the heads up on sales, events, and whatnot.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 5:04am
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

my family went on a Carnival cruise to Mexico back in '93. i was too young to really give a damn but my parents weren't fans of Carnival afterwards.

and i have "friended" businesses on FB. you get the heads up on sales, events, and whatnot.

That makes sense with the notifications on sales, etc. Just not my cup of tea. I guess I'm more intrigued on who would go to Facebook, ‘friend’ Carnival and tell them what they’ve always wanted to do. I mean, if you’re going to spend the time, you may as well do it constructively right here on CIH!

My experience with Carnival was really bad. I’ve since gone Royal Caribbean and while I believe they may even be the same owners, the difference between the two lines is day and night. I recommend to anyone looking at going on a cruise to remember you get exactly what you pay for.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 11:45pm
How the hell can you catch air?!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 1:51am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

How the hell can you catch air?!

They are referring to the part where she is on Jet-ski and is in mid-air which they never show how she got up there to begin with. I’m not familiar with water sporting terms so I don’t know if “caught air” is what one would say when describing a Jet-ski jumping off the water.

The best is this has nothing to do with what Carnival provides on cruise itself. I don’t think they could make a good point as to what they do provide on the ship. However, I'm definitely not saying by any means her on the Jet-ski is a good point either!

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 3:05am
I hate it when old people, my age, try to sound hip by using slang that the teens and 20 year old use.  Like catching air.

That's the cycle of life though. 
The young guys in the hood come up with a new expression. 
Once it finally achieves usage by the moms in the suburbs, they have to come up with something new.

Morons on the loose, I'm pretty sure that expression started with skate and snow boarding.

Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 4:47am
Carnival Cruises...UGH.  You couldn't pay me to cruise with them.  They have 22 ships out there.  No wonder there's enough trash in the ocean to cover the entire state of Texas.

Check out Carnival on Cruise Critic.  Below is a link to an actual review titled "A downmarket cruise targeted to people who don't know better."  It's not a total slam, but there are some pretty good lines.   LOL

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=77079

sickntired View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickntired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 12:25pm
I don't like how the husband is referring to his wife as "Mom."  Ugh. 
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 7:04pm
I hate commercials that make parents out to be these lame ass people who amaze their kids as soon as they do something cool and "unparent like"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

I hate commercials that make parents out to be these lame ass people who amaze their kids as soon as they do something cool and "unparent like"

Agreed! Reminds me of something directly from the Brady Bunch.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic