Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taking a Stand Against Pomplamoose...JOIN ME.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I did some research and found some strange ideas that came from its founder's philosophy, such as the belief that little gnomes and fairies run around our feet, and that blond hair signifies a superior sense of spirituality.

My mom was intelligent enough to decide exactly how far she wanted to take the philosophy; while I played outside most of the time I watched TV and we had a computer that I used to do some schoolwork (one of the odd beliefs is no technology, at least it was when I was there).  I was pulled out of the school in third grade when their no-vaccine philosophy caused a whooping cough epidemic.

Just the fact that I had a Waldorf education might have caused a few shrinks to think for no good reason that I was schizoid/delusional/depressed/whatever they do with kids who are actually creative these days...
Sponsored Links

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 11:48pm

He used to say that his wife didn't mind that he was putting it to other women but good.  I can't remember if his daughter knew about it, though.  Probably did.

Thor, I think that he also said that his online persona was fictional as well as everything else that he said.  Basically, it really didn't matter what he said or who he was or if it was real or not because we were all just people typing on a keyboard.  Or something to that effect.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Dreamstalker Dreamstalker wrote:

I did some research and found some strange ideas that came from its founder's philosophy, such as the belief that little gnomes and fairies run around our feet, and that blond hair signifies a superior sense of spirituality.

My mom was intelligent enough to decide exactly how far she wanted to take the philosophy; while I played outside most of the time I watched TV and we had a computer that I used to do some schoolwork (one of the odd beliefs is no technology, at least it was when I was there).  I was pulled out of the school in third grade when their no-vaccine philosophy caused a whooping cough epidemic.

Just the fact that I had a Waldorf education might have caused a few shrinks to think for no good reason that I was schizoid/delusional/depressed/whatever they do with kids who are actually creative these days...

My friend liked the creativity thing, but she didn't like a lot of other things about the school...including the way the school itself was structured.  She also wasn't thrilled to know that her kid wouldn't learn to read until the third grade (or something like that).

And I think the computer "ban" is still on.  I think the philosophy is that a kid shouldn't be using any technology that he doesn't understand.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 12:03am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

He used to say that his wife didn't mind that he was putting it to other women but good.  I can't remember if his daughter knew about it, though.  Probably did.

Thor, I think that he also said that his online persona was fictional as well as everything else that he said.  Basically, it really didn't matter what he said or who he was or if it was real or not because we were all just people typing on a keyboard.  Or something to that effect.

So, we were all his fools. 

I'd get bored being some fictional character on-line.  I find the real me much more interesting, fascinating, and wonderful than any made-up "me".  LOLWink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 12:09am

I'd get bored being some fictional character on-line.  I find the real me much more interesting, fascinating, and wonderful than any made-up "me".  LOLWink

WinkBig%20smileWell said!!! I actually dropped my beer on that one - but, after that - I've one mess worth cleaning up...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 12:11am

Big%20smileWinkWell said, Thor! And thank you - I actually dropped my beer when I read that...and it became one mess I really do not mind cleaning up!
~~~~
Confusedwhat a shocker - my laptop got kinda exited, doncha know - double posted!

O.K....I'm going to add this...never really mentioned it.

All the same - I do have to say this - he spoke his words and posted pics of himself - kind of a brave thing to do (I don't mind doing it). All the same - I have to be a tad concerned at MM00 calling it 'fictional'...that is but an opinion - and just because Richard was boisterous and MM00 isn't, well...who is to say Richard wasn't 'shooting straight'? And..really, why wouldn't he? In the same light, if that is the case, why would I? Probably because I have no reason not to - maybe him, too...who knows?
I CAN say this:
My wife passed through Detroit's airport and was stuck there for hours...I knew how to get in touch with Richard - and did.
Guess what?
She met Richard - enjoyed his company while waiting on a flight home - he showed up, just like he said he would...and it was appreciated by us.
We haven't remained in contact as much as I would have liked.
In my eyes, he is a good man - with personality to spare - the kind of person that keeps life interesting.
He wants to chat? Sure! He's actually a 'fun' person - and a 'family man' (with a twist).

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 2:42am

Clap

Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:15am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

All the same - I have to be a tad concerned at MM00 calling it 'fictional'...that is but an opinion - and just because Richard was boisterous and MM00 isn't,

PaW I think you misread what I said.

Thor, I think that he also said that his online persona was fictional as well as everything else that he said. 

I was repeating what Richard told me himself in one of our heated back and forth conversations.  The fictional character was his words, not mine.  He said that in so many words.  "My online character is not who I really am.  No one knows who I really am, so I can be anyone I want to be."  This is what Richard said, not my opinion of him.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:20am

All the same - I have to be a tad concerned at MM00 calling it 'fictional'...that is but an opinion - and just because Richard was boisterous and MM00 isn't,

Thor, I think that he also said that his online persona was fictional as well as everything else that he said. 

I was repeating what Richard told me himself in one of our heated back and forth conversations.  The fictional character was his words, not mine.  He said that in so many words.  "My online character is not who I really am.  No one knows who I really am, so I can be anyone I want to be."  This is what Richard said, not my opinion of him.

I'm only ME every other Thursday and on Flag Day.
Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:29am

Richard also told me that he liked to say outrages things that he knew would outrage people.  I guess he fancied himself as some sort of puppetmaster that could manipulate people's emotions and get them all bent out of shape.

Normal people do it accidentally when their personal point of view conflicts with another's point of view.  In Richard's case that was his goal, from the get go.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:31am

WinkMM00...You and I go way back...I certainly wasn't questioning You.
Thanks for the clarification - I quit paying attention when all the crap started flying and I saw where I could add absolutely no value.
I'll offer this, though - Richard certainly did not lie to you - he IS a gentleman - and I derive that from personal experiences - especially looking out for my wife, while at the Detroit Airport.
We even had a nice chat - all of us on the phone.
He IS a 'big dude' with quite a colorful background...he also just had an 'opinion'.
Getting beyond the way he expressed himself is one thing - recognizing what he was really saying was another. Guess that when I chose to listen, I found him quite intelligent and interesting...and someone I would look forward to hearing from once again...
But that is just me.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 3:36am

Richard also told me that he liked to say outrages things that he knew would outrage people.  I guess he fancied himself as some sort of puppetmaster that could manipulate people's emotions and get them all bent out of shape.

Normal people do it accidentally when their personal point of view conflicts with another's point of view.  In Richard's case that was his goal, from the get go.

Hmm like one of these, lol?Wink
Give us a kiss!
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 12:35am

She also wasn't thrilled to know that her kid wouldn't learn to read until the third grade (or something like that.

I was able to skip a grade or two there due to the fact that I could already read at a fairly high level (I was sounding out articles in the Washington Post at age 2).
Quote And I think the computer "ban" is still on.  I think the philosophy is that a kid shouldn't be using any technology that he doesn't understand.

Heh...given that I've run across six-year-olds that know more about the family computer than the adults do, that bit is amusing.  During my stint, TV was verboten just because (yeah I watched cartoons, but also played outside as much as I could); there were no computers in the school, but my teacher saw nothing wrong with my using one at home for the learning experience.
Morons on the loose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 2:01am
Originally posted by a3b3i a3b3i wrote:

Please, everyone, if you have a spare minute, visit www.hyundaiusa.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, select CONTACT, and write their promotional staff a letter. Please. For godssake.

Here was my letter. You may borrow from it if you choose. But I cannot stop the madness on my own. Take a stand! TAKE A STAND!

To Whom it May Concern;

Honestly, I know you guys are trying to appeal to a younger crowd with your commercials, but as a part of the younger crowd, I must fully object to your failing approach.

I can no longer tolerate the two-person band warbling like dying chickens in your advertisements. This sentiment comes, not only from myself, but anyone I have ever spoken to about your advertisement.

The main reason I was thrilled for Christmas to be over this year was that I was under the impression that I would never again be forced to watch the dead expression in the female hipster's watery eyes as she warbles like a drowning hen or her bearded neuvo-hippie counterpart slapping his hands on a drum.

Unfortunately, the truth has come to light that this terrible duo will remain a part of your advertising campaign. My sanity is threatened and I have come to terms with the fact that I may have to start watching television on my computer at all times to avoid your commercials.

In conclusion, as an avid television watcher and a potential customer, I beg of you to be rid of this horrible advertising campaign. For the love of God, stop the madness, please.

Thanks.
Abby

Hey folks, back to the original postings and our intentions to picket Hyundai:  Has anyone received any word from Hyundai on their complaints sent about Pomplamoose? I mean other than the initial automatic response thanking us for contacting Hyundai and stating they are sending the complaint on to their consumer affairs department for review? I sent mine on January 10th, received the automated response and have not heard anything else. I at least want to receive a follow-up in which one of Hyundai’s paid staff taking the time (and money) to provide an original written explanation addressing my dislike of their advertising choice.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 2:50am

WinkMM00...You and I go way back...I certainly wasn't questioning You.
Thanks for the clarification - I quit paying attention when all the crap started flying and I saw where I could add absolutely no value.
I'll offer this, though - Richard certainly did not lie to you - he IS a gentleman - and I derive that from personal experiences - especially looking out for my wife, while at the Detroit Airport.
We even had a nice chat - all of us on the phone.
He IS a 'big dude' with quite a colorful background...he also just had an 'opinion'.
Getting beyond the way he expressed himself is one thing - recognizing what he was really saying was another. Guess that when I chose to listen, I found him quite intelligent and interesting...and someone I would look forward to hearing from once again...
But that is just me.

That kind of supports what I was saying.  You found him to be a really nice guy in real life, yet online he would brag about how nasty he was. i.e all the putting it to women other than his wife stuff.  This was a fictional persona, if he was a really nice guy in real life.

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:38pm
The thing is, they donate all the money from their music downloads to charity.

Plus the girl is really cute.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:07pm
Kat's back! We've missed you! Where ya been?
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 3:50pm
As for an update, nooo, I have NOT received any emails from Hyundai (jerkwads), but I have a feeling they're going to be headed down the Saturn/Pontiac highway, if you know what I mean. :-D
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 11:43pm
Dear Pomplamoose,

You may have a buttload of hair...but did your hair get in the way when you were playing The Super Bowl this year?LOL

Hey, don't feel bad...The Steelers STILL have 1 more Trophy than The Cowboys and The 49ers.

MrC
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic