Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taking a Stand Against Pomplamoose...JOIN ME.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:00am

Sponsored Links

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Cherry_Carver Cherry_Carver wrote:

Hug Come to Mama!!!
Give us a kiss!
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:13am
Drink up!  The night's young.  *hic*
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:17am

Drink up!  The night's young.  *hic*

{Hiccup}, "Nobody knows the trouble I {hiccup} seen...nobody knows my sorrow" LOL
Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:20am
Have it with some Fresca.  The grapefruit flavored sugar free soda.  
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:23am
Bourbon and Fresca?  I didn't know they still made that soda.  I can still sing the jingle from the 1960s.  "Fresca...it's gotta be Fresca...."
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:29am
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

I hear ya, Musician. No harm, no foul. It's all good. Wink My apologies. Big%20smile

Yeah we're cool. 

OK, I admit it. Embarrassed This comment was meant as a direct jab at you. But I meant it in fun..... honest.    LOL 

Originally posted by Musicman Musicman wrote:

Arrrrgh!!! she doesn't blink when she sings.  That just enrages me!!!  AngryAngryAngryAngry   LOL

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:29am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Have it with some Fresca.  The grapefruit flavored sugar free soda.  

Wow, I haven't had Fresca in years! I hear the hangover isn't as bad if you have it with diet sodas. Tongue
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:30am

I hear ya, Musician. No harm, no foul. It's all good. Wink My apologies. Big%20smile

Yeah we're cool. 

OK, I admit it. Embarrassed This comment was meant as a direct jab at you. But I meant it in fun..... honest.    LOL 

Arrrrgh!!! she doesn't blink when she sings.  That just enrages me!!!  AngryAngryAngryAngry   LOL

Lol, it's cool! Wink

Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:30am

Bourbon and Fresca?  I didn't know they still made that soda.  I can still sing the jingle from the 1960s.  "Fresca...it's gotta be Fresca...."

Clap
Clap
Give us a kiss!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:33am
Slurrrrrp!

Have you ever had a cat who was so hell-bent on doing something that you literally couldn't move him?  They have this special kind of gravity sometimes.  My cat wants to eat the mouse cord and ruin my evening, not to mention disable my computer.  
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:35am

Yeah we're cool. 

Now we gotta worry bout Big Momma comin round with her big paddle, lol. She's the enforcer. Hopefully, we'll just get sent to our rooms.Embarrassed

Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:36am
Truthfully, if you watch her long enough, she does actually blink, very slowly, kind of like the snufalufugus does on Sesame Street.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:39am

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:43am
After the song is over on the web site.  She wears these rectangular glasses and talks rather excitedly and she looks pretty normal.  Kind of like a second grade school teacher really.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:49am

Truthfully, if you watch her long enough, she does actually blink, very slowly, kind of like the snufalufugus does on Sesame Street.

Lol, yeah, I was just takin a jab at her. I truly don't hate them as much as I do Joanna Newsom. That is the weirdest voice I'd ever heard. Her voice has changed now and she sounds much better. She had nodules, which I wouldn't normally wish on anyone but in her case, it did her a favor. She is however a very talented harpist, I'll give her that. Her voice is one you either love or hate. I'm convinced she smokes her shoes by the sound of her lyrics but whatever, lol. She's a bit out there but like Pomplamoose, it's hard to stop watching for some reason. I think if the PM girl would animate a little bit more it would help, lol. I don't even know why it bugs me so much. I really don't. And that bugs me that I don't know why I'm so bugged. I'm just buggin....Confused

Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:49am

Snufalufugus, lol! Clap
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:52am

Stop starin' at me, damn it, you Pomplamoose Vixen!!!!Pinch She vexes me, lol! Fricken Vexen' Vexer!!!
Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:06am
Exhibit A

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:11am

Lol, yeah, I was just takin a jab at her. I truly don't hate them as much as I do Joanna Newsom. That is the weirdest voice I'd ever heard. Her voice has changed now and she sounds much better. She had nodules, which I wouldn't normally wish on anyone but in her case, it did her a favor. She is however a very talented harpist, I'll give her that. Her voice is one you either love or hate. I'm convinced she smokes her shoes by the sound of her lyrics but whatever, lol. She's a bit out there but like Pomplamoose, it's hard to stop watching for some reason. I think if the PM girl would animate a little bit more it would help, lol. I don't even know why it bugs me so much. I really don't. And that bugs me that I don't know why I'm so bugged. I'm just buggin....Confused

Man, you'd think she was The Who with the first few chords of Won't Get Fooled Again, with the way the crowd started whoopin and hollerin with the first few finger plucks on that harp.  LOL

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:11am

Exhibit A

LOL, Oh NO you DI'INT, LOL! I do think I saw an expression change there. Her forehead wrinkled up! I just wonder if her partner has seen a Doctor about those fits...er..uh dancing fits, lol. Wink
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:19am

Man, you'd think she was The Who with the first few chords of Won't Get Fooled Again, with the way the crowd started whoopin and hollerin with the first few finger plucks on that harp.  LOL

Lol, yep, she has a following and they will fight to the death to defend her. I'm still trying to figure out that "wicker beetle shell" lyric, lol. Confused The weird rabid chipmunk on steroids voice used to freak me out a bit yet it's hard not to listen to. I often turn it on when I'm wearing my sackcloth and beating myself with rusty chains....ooh, I've said too much!Shocked Wink
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:21am

Exhibit A

Lol, I've had a breakthrough. The glasses! It's the glasses! My boyfriend's crazy, stalking ex wears those. Grrrrrr Angry Oh, that is just so crazy, stalker, association, lol. LOL
Give us a kiss!
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:19pm
I'll give them credit for being the opposite of over-hyped, blinged-out, over-processed music that's so prevalent these days. It's a backlash that's understandable. But it's almost too far at the other end of the spectrum- too cutesy (for me.)

The lyrics and sentiment are cool; I would like it if they didn't seem so precious and Xanaxed-out.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

I'll give them credit for being the opposite of over-hyped, blinged-out, over-processed music that's so prevalent these days. It's a backlash that's understandable. But it's almost too far at the other end of the spectrum- too cutesy (for me.)

The lyrics and sentiment are cool; I would like it if they didn't seem so precious and Xanaxed-out.
Ouch...arrrghhh...why bring the memories of 'Karen Ann Quinlan parties' back to life? 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic