Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zoosk 'Bar Athlete'....(video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoosk 'Bar Athlete'....(video)
    Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 8:52pm
This commercial should be used as a deterrent for men acting like idiots while overindulging.
It also lets us know that cute women are desperate and easy, especially when alone - when they can't put two gurl brains together to come up with almost one educated decision.

...and no, the commercial isn't 'banned'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 10:16pm
Maybe she was overwhelmed, Pa. It's not every day one can find a single "professional" dart tosser. Betcha his sponsor is Rigor T. Mortis Funeral Parlor.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:24am
WinkI actually liked this one:
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:31pm
This commercial is actually pretty funny. I don't mind it.
molegoddess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molegoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 1:12am
I love the darts commercial!  The guy who gets hit with the dart is so priceless.  I laugh out loud every time it comes on.

I don't care for the allergies-man one though.  They act like he is such a disgusting loser because his allergies act up when her animals crawl all over him.  Here's a hint: train your dog to not immediately attempt to smother your houseguests the minute they sit down.  Anyone with a big dog should make sure visitors are ok with them, or else keep them outside/in the kitchen/bedroom/whatever; that's just common courtesy.
This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff.     ~The Doctor
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:44am
Originally posted by molegoddess molegoddess wrote:

I love the darts commercial!  The guy who gets hit with the dart is so priceless.  I laugh out loud every time it comes on.

I don't care for the allergies-man one though.  They act like he is such a disgusting loser because his allergies act up when her animals crawl all over him.  Here's a hint: train your dog to not immediately attempt to smother your houseguests the minute they sit down.  Anyone with a big dog should make sure visitors are ok with them, or else keep them outside/in the kitchen/bedroom/whatever; that's just common courtesy.

But haven't you heard? All women want a guy who is perfect without any flaws what-so-ever :)
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 1:46am
Redhead: "Wow, stretching? ... Really?"

Wow, skinny jeans? ... Really?

Bitch. LOL
trishanurse View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trishanurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:52am
It reminds me those undercover dateline things where they catch a pedophile
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:18pm
I don't mind their commercials so much, but their sales pitch is dangerously stupid.

"Hey didn't your mom/best friend since pre-school/closest relative one time set you up with __________?"

*flashback*

"Nah, I think I'll just stick with Zoosk (because we all know how much more trustworthy dating sites are than people you've known your entire life)."

By the time she realizes his idea of a "long romantic evening" as was stated in his profile is throwing you down into a pit and forcing you to put lotion all over yourself while he's dressed in drag and petting his dog in a creepy sort of way, it will be too late for her.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I don't mind their commercials so much, but their sales pitch is dangerously stupid.

"Hey didn't your mom/best friend since pre-school/closest relative one time set you up with __________?"

*flashback*

"Nah, I think I'll just stick with Zoosk (because we all know how much more trustworthy dating sites are than people you've known your entire life)."

By the time she realizes his idea of a "long romantic evening" as was stated in his profile is throwing you down into a pit and forcing you to put lotion all over yourself while he's dressed in drag and petting his dog in a creepy sort of way, it will be too late for her.

it puts the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again

Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:18pm
LOL

I was pretty sure someone would get the Silence/Lambs reference.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:27pm
I hate the current one of an "office romance."  There is no romance there, the guy is very unattractive, they are screwing in the copy room 2 feet from other people's desks.  The guy isn't the only mistake date, the girl is pretty damn stupid, too.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I hate the current one of an "office romance."  There is no romance there, the guy is very unattractive, they are screwing in the copy room 2 feet from other people's desks.  The guy isn't the only mistake date, the girl is pretty damn stupid, too.

I don't understand that one.  The copy room sex seemed to work out well for both of them...but the girl decides that she'd do better with Zoosk??  Why??  Seems to me that she did quite well with geek-boy in the copy room.

At least in the first one, the couple sustained back injuries.  And in the one this thread's about, the guy was simply embarrassing.  Those made some sorta sense.  The copy-room one, however, just doesn't.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I don't understand that one.  The copy room sex seemed to work out well for both of them...but the girl decides that she'd do better with Zoosk??  Why??  Seems to me that she did quite well with geek-boy in the copy room.

At least in the first one, the couple sustained back injuries.  And in the one this thread's about, the guy was simply embarrassing.  Those made some sorta sense.  The copy-room one, however, just doesn't.

I think it's implied that she got herpes from the geek boy in the copy room.  That's what I'm going with, at least.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 12:24am
hmmmm...not seeing that, jerkylips.

But if she did get herpes, I wonder if that'll be mentioned in her Zoosk profile.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

hmmmm...not seeing that, jerkylips.

But if she did get herpes, I wonder if that'll be mentioned in her Zoosk profile.

ha!  I was hoping for at least one reaction...  ;)
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

*flashback*

it puts the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again

PUT THE LOTION IN THE F*CKING BASKET!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:10pm
These commercials seem to be aimed at vapid women with no depth of personality whatsoever. The commercial I hat the most is the one where the stupid woman says, "I could really go for a little romance," and then it cuts to her making out with Muscly McMuscles F*cktard the Third, who somehow also has cerebral palsy, as he can't seem to keep from dropping the dumb chick constantly and knocking all sorts of sh*t over.  Absolutely nonsensical, pointless, and annoying.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

These commercials seem to be aimed at vapid women with no depth of personality whatsoever. The commercial I hat the most is the one where the stupid woman says, "I could really go for a little romance," and then it cuts to her making out with Muscly McMuscles F*cktard the Third, who somehow also has cerebral palsy, as he can't seem to keep from dropping the dumb chick constantly and knocking all sorts of sh*t over.  Absolutely nonsensical, pointless, and annoying.  

I HAVE Cerebral Palsy and I'd be lucky if I could even pick her up. So if he does, I give him credit for that :)
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:13am
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I HAVE Cerebral Palsy and I'd be lucky if I could even pick her up. So if he does, I give him credit for that :)

True Smile

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic