Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tide commercial Dumb Dejected Daddy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tide commercial Dumb Dejected Daddy
    Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 1:24am
Can't find the video and if I did find it I can't seem to upload....technically challenged..
Yes I read the instructions...doesn't work for me! Cry

Anyway...I saw this one yesterday...dad is in the backyard and sees his daughters ultra mini skirt hanging on the line, he has car grease or some kind of oil on his hands...he HATES his daughters SKANK SKIRT so he wipes his hands on it. "SMART and hip" mommy sees it in the hamper and washes it with TIDE... Daughter parades in front of dad with her skirt that is so clean and so high you can almost see her HEE HA. The announcer says something like not letting anyone "hurt your style" daughter is happy, mom is smiling and happy...stupid dad looks dejected and depressed....a real man would say "HEY YOU ARE NOT GOING OUT WITH THAT ON...GO PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!!  What happened to MEN in these ads...it pisses me off that men are turned into little wussies!!Angry Again not surprising! I know we have mentioned this plenty of times, and  still gets under my skin
Sponsored Links

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 1:57am
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Can't find the video and if I did find it I can't seem to upload....technically challenged..
Yes I read the instructions...doesn't work for me! Cry

Anyway...I saw this one yesterday...dad is in the backyard and sees his daughters ultra mini skirt hanging on the line, he has car grease or some kind of oil on his hands...he HATES his daughters SKANK SKIRT so he wipes his hands on it. "SMART and hip" mommy sees it in the hamper and washes it with TIDE... Daughter parades in front of dad with her skirt that is so clean and so high you can almost see her HEE HA. The announcer says something like not letting anyone "hurt your style" daughter is happy, mom is smiling and happy...stupid dad looks dejected and depressed....a real man would say "HEY YOU ARE NOT GOING OUT WITH THAT ON...GO PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!!  What happened to MEN in these ads...it pisses me off that men are turned into little wussies!!Angry Again not surprising! I know we have mentioned this plenty of times, and  still gets under my skin

Lol, My Dad would have never let me out in Hoochie skirt like that! And Mom, she would have confronted my Dad and if he was against the skirt, so would she be as well. She'd have taken his side for sure.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:02am
Hi LilRebel!!!!! Missed ya!!!! Good to see you back!!Smile

So true...my hubby would NEVER let our daughters out wtih that skanky skirt not even to empty the trash!!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:15am

So true...my hubby would NEVER let our daughters out wtih that skanky skirt not even to empty the trash!!

Hey JenJen! Good to see you too, lol. I thank my lucky stars my daughter was more of a jogging pants and blue jean girl, though at a High School formal she wore a gorgeous dress that was split up the leg and her father chased her around the room with a needle and thread, lol. LOL
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:20am
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

Hey JenJen! Good to see you too, lol. I thank my lucky stars my daughter was more of a jogging pants and blue jean girl, though at a High School formal she wore a gorgeous dress that was split up the leg and her father chased her around the room with a needle and thread, lol. LOL

LOL!!!!!! That must have been a sight to see!!!!LOLLOL
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:14am

Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

LOL!!!!!! That must have been a sight to see!!!!LOLLOL

It was, lol. Her older brother joined in as well. I'm surprised her dad didn't go to the formal with her. Wink
mbkb1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbkb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 4:52am
Is portraying parents as deceptive and creepy toward their teenagers supposed to sell laundry detergent?? (Thinking also of the stupid "mom borrowed daughter's green shirt, got it soiled out "clubbing,"  then lied about it.)

Same product. Same ridiculous parent portrayal.  Thumbs%20Down
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 1:20am
Agree with you, and would just add that once again, dumb mom, not dad, is responsible for the laundry. This ad insults everyone in it and everyone watching it.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:52pm
This one really got me; that stupid mother wants her teen daughter running around with a skirt so short you can see her ass if she bends over.  I figure that either she wants her daughter to get pregnant so maybe they will get her out of the house or she just wants to be smug and superior so she can one up the husband.  Stupid, stupid commercial.  It does seem that there are certain types of products that all have bad ads.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 11:52pm
If I tried to wear a skirt like that out of the house, my dad would have locked me in my room until I put some pants on! The guy in this commercial needs to grow a pair!
Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 10:10pm
the dad can call the mom "grandma" then, if she lets her parade around in a skirt like that.
JaxTonyPiper View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxTonyPiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:30am
This commercial creeps me out... for a while, it seemed as if dad saw the skirt and put his nasty, greasy handprints on it... like, "I touched this.  This is mine!"  Sorta like super creepy hypercolor shirt type thing.
Then I realized that he was trying to keep her FROM wearing it.... just as dumb, but makes more sense, I guess.
I love how the mom is all approving of her slutty daughter's attire. 
They're both totally banging the poolman.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by JaxTonyPiper JaxTonyPiper wrote:

This commercial creeps me out... for a while, it seemed as if dad saw the skirt and put his nasty, greasy handprints on it... like, "I touched this.  This is mine!"  Sorta like super creepy hypercolor shirt type thing.
Then I realized that he was trying to keep her FROM wearing it.... just as dumb, but makes more sense, I guess.
I love how the mom is all approving of her slutty daughter's attire. 
They're both totally banging the poolman.
YUP!!!! The commercial  is back on HEAVY SLUT ROTATION! It's to the point now where I have to change channels...I hate what they did to men/fathers.  My hubby said he would have cut it in pieces and used it as a rag!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:04pm
I can understand why the father wouldn't want his daughter wearing such a dress.  I remember back in high school, girls wearing dresses so short that the dresses came with matching panties. 

Maybe the difference was that, back then, girls also wore stockings.  Stockings kinda place another "barrier" between a boy's mind and what's "up there".  'Cept for this girl Cookie, who used to wear nothing under her skirts, and was nicknamed "the Lower-Priced Spread" for her willingness to show off her stuff in the cafeteria and elsewhere.

CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:09pm
The trend in most commercials seems to be that whatever the father wants, the family will do the opposite and he's powerless to do anything about it because the mother is never in agreement with him and of course she's smarter than he is. The father is seen as the adversary in the home that needs to be outsmarted by the rest of the family.
JaxTonyPiper View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxTonyPiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:25am
Sorta along the lines of the Invisible Cable daddy.
Mom and daughter are all about the secret snickers and winks and nudges, because daddy doesn't get the "new fangled interweb contraption."
The girl basically calls her dad a f**king moron, and mom doesn't say a thing. 
She "KNOWS".  wink, wink.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:50am
that commercial is rather annoying as the skirt is rather short....
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:12pm
I don't understand why the mom is so gung ho about her wearing that skirt. Maybe she was fat and ugly as a teen and lives vicariously through her young and thin daughter. "That's right honey, you show that skirt off! Here's a sleeve of condoms, go make mommy proud! If you don't come home til 3am I'm totally fine with that!"
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I don't understand why the mom is so gung ho about her wearing that skirt. Maybe she was fat and ugly as a teen and lives vicariously through her young and thin daughter. "That's right honey, you show that skirt off! Here's a sleeve of condoms, go make mommy proud! If you don't come home til 3am I'm totally fine with that!"

That reminds me of a scene in Family Guy in which daughter Meg is bemoaning to her mother the fact that some guy she likes isn't paying any attention to her:

Mom:  Meg, you're a sweet, beautiful girl, he'll come around.
Meg:  That's such a mom answer.
Mom:  Well, have you tried showing off the goods? How's that for a mom answer?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 9:31pm
All the above perfectly legitimate arguments aside, wiping his greasy-ass hands on a family member's clean clothes was a pretty low-rent thing to do.

I kinda doubt he even knew what the damned thing was.

Probably just knew it wasn't his & he needed something convenient to wipe his hands off on.

So then, when "the gals" got together & beat him with their superior wits, their wiley ways & their Tide, he was not only a "dejected dumb daddy", but an underhanded a-hole for doing what he did to begin with.

Underlying message: "Hey America.... the men in your families are not only sleazy, underhanded, untrustworthy, & dishonest, but spinless blobs of mush as well who don't deserve one iota of respect!!!"

I feel so.......... dirty!!!!! Ouch

Anybody got any Tide?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

All the above perfectly legitimate arguments made aside, wiping his greasy-ass hands on a family member's clean clothes was a pretty low-rent thing to do.

Just knew it wasn't his & he needed something convenient to wipe his hands off on.

So then, when "the gals" got together & beat him with their superior wits, wiley ways & their Tide, he was not only a "dejected dumb daddy", but an underhanded a-hole for doing what he did to begin with.

Underlying message: "Hey America.... the men in your families are sleazy, underhanded, untrustworthy, dishonest, spinless blobs of mush who don't deserve one iota of respect!!!"

Anybody got any Tide?

Lol, unclean, unclean!!!
Give us a kiss!
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

All the above perfectly legitimate arguments aside, wiping his greasy-ass hands on a family member's clean clothes was a pretty low-rent thing to do.

Probably just knew it wasn't his & he needed something convenient to wipe his hands off on.

So then, when "the gals" got together & beat him with their superior wits, their wiley ways & their Tide, he was not only a "dejected dumb daddy", but an underhanded a-hole for doing what he did to begin with.

Underlying message: "Hey America.... the men in your families are not only sleazy, underhanded, untrustworthy, & dishonest, but spinless blobs of mush as well who don't deserve one iota of respect!!!"

Anybody got any Tide?

Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic