Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How will you be voting when November 4th comes?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How will you be voting when November 4th comes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How will you be voting when November 4th comes?
    Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 11:18pm

How will you be voting when November 4th comes?

Are you going to vote for:  

• Barack Obama (Democratic Party)
  • John McCain (Republican Party)
  • Chuck Baldwin (Constitution Party)
  • Bob Barr (Libertarian Party)
  • Cynthia McKinney (Green Party)
  • Ralph Nader (Independent)
  • Any other unknown independent candidates
  • Write-in candidates
I have heard that there are many factors that will affect this presidential race either giving one of the either candidates the presidency such as:
  • Many of those unhappy Hillary Clinton’s supporters who would vote for McCain than voting for Obama
  • Conservatives who would sit out an election than to vote for McCain because they say he is not a true conservative, rather he is a RINO (Republican in Name Only) effectively handing Obama the presidency
  • Bob Barr is playing the role of Ross Perot as in 1992 and 1996 and Ralph Nader in 2000. He is the Libertarian presidential candidate, who would take unhappy conservative votes away from McCain, effectively handing Obama the presidency
  • Obama cannot win the general election by winning just the votes from college students and African Americans like he did in the primaries.
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 11:32pm
I can't vote.  Otherwise I'd vote for Harrison Ford.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 11:34pm
Sounds to me like you're more of a Zabong man....

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 11:50pm
I have a healthy respect for Zabong.  He is the leader of the entire world...kind of like a god of some sort.  He'll just let someone take a minor administrative rule (President) just because He's a benevolent sort.

(oh, and for anyone's who's wondering, I stole Zabong, or whatever his name was, from something I read in Mad magazine today.  Doesn't mean he don't exist, though....)
I have 168 characters remaining.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Ad Slasher Ad Slasher wrote:

• Obama cannot win the general election by winning just the votes from college students and African Americans like he did in the primaries.

I don't agree with the above statement.  I've witnessed many middle aged whites in my area sporting Obama buttons.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 2:31am
I'm considering Writing in "Wierd Al" Yankovic for President!LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 2:32am
My local paper ran a story that showed where Obama and McCain stand on the issues:

I found it pretty informative. If you don't know much about where they stand, it is worth reading.  Make it quick, because their stories expire after about a week.

I'm still not sure who I'm voting for yet. I am pro-life, which favors McCain, but anti-war which favor Obama. That's the thing that sucks about our system, that there are only 2 major candidates, and there is never one that you will totally agree with.

We'll see in November.
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 3:57am
Vote for me, seriously.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 4:36am
I usually vote on the democratic party ticket.
So it looks like I'll very likely vote for Barack Obama.

As I understand, he has positive views regarding gay rights; and being a fa99ot myself, would tend to vote for somebody who is gay-friendly.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 5:03am
It's too early yet.
The make-it-or-break-it point for the various parties will be who they pick for their veeps.  That's what (or who) most of the undecided people will ultimately base their decision on....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 5:13am
I guess it'll have to be McCain.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 5:51am
I think Mr. Tim makes a good point in that the choice of VP will sway many. 

I'm still voting for Hillary...as VP!  Evil%20Smile
Love endures all.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 3:36pm
With one exception, I've always voted Dem. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 4:07pm
If Obama is smart, he'll select Hillary as his VP.

That would unite the party like nothing else & create unparalleled enthusiasm.

The first black/female ticket in history.

People would be going crazy over that.

I think the party is practically insisting that he do it, too.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 4:11pm
I think Hillary will make up for some of Obama's inexperience, while Obama will bring a fresh perspective to the White House.  It's win/win.

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 4:19pm
If Obama picks Hillary as his VP, I will probably squeal for about 6 minutes straight. That would make my life. I can't vote, but I was a Hillary supporter from the beginning, and although I still really like Obama, that would allow me, and lots of other people, to have the best of both worlds.

I can't stand the Hillary supporters that say "if Hillary drops out, I'm voting McCain!"
That is SO stupid! Obviously you're a Democrat, if you like Hillary. So what you're saying is you're going to compromise your whole political stance just to get the message across that you're pissed Hillary dropped out? That's silly.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Ad Slasher View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 6:29pm

Obama choosing Hillary as a running mate and his vice president will probably defeat his of “Change”. Many voters say she is not change. You know, change such as breaking away from the old style of politics in Washington. And beside, choosing Hillary means getting Bill Clinton on the ticket too. And many voters are irked out about Bill Clinton back in the White House. So, Obama need to pick someone like Bill Richardson as a running mate because he desperately needs to win the Hispanic votes of the southwest. Or someone with a whole lot of experience to balance the ticket.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 7:29pm
Oh woe is us!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:06am
Obama
One man gathers what another man spills
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If Obama is smart, he'll select Hillary as his VP.

That would unite the party like nothing else & create unparalleled enthusiasm.

The first black/female ticket in history.

People would be going crazy over that.

I think the party is practically insisting that he do it, too.

The enthusiasm will be there, but I cannot see those 2 having compatible personalities in the White House. I think the enthusiasm will be short lived after the election if they get in.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 2:36am
Obama's campaign is holding a fundraiser in China next week.  Potential donors will be investors who have financial interests in American companies' production in China.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Obama's campaign is holding a fundraiser in China next week.  Potential donors will be investors who have financial interests in American companies' production in China.

We don't need an Election, we need a REVOLUTION!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 5:23am
Originally posted by Ad Slasher Ad Slasher wrote:

Bob Barr is playing the role of Ross Perot as in 1992 and 1996 and Ralph Nader in 2000. He is the Libertarian presidential candidate, who would take unhappy conservative votes away from McCain, effectively handing Obama the presidency

Oh darn, I was hoping Ron Paul would get to play that role.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 5:54am
W....W...wait!!!!???

Chuck Baldwin?

How come I never hear about this guy on the news? DAMN IT! Why does the news always act like it's only democratic and republican parties that exist? ok NOW I'M MAD.AngryAngryAngryAngry

I didn't count one story that covered the other parties, besides the ones they always cover (repubs and dems.)

CLEAR EVIDENCE OF BIAS FROM THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!Thumbs%20Down

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I guess it'll have to be McCain.

Yes, I have to agree.

Cynthia Mckinney?.... are you serious?...this woman is a MENACE!  MENACE!  MENACE!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic