Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kat's Ways To Pass The Time In The Heat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kat's Ways To Pass The Time In The Heat
    Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 6:07pm
So since a lot of you are complaining about extreme temps and major humidity, I thought that as a heat enjoyer, I should help you less fortunate out. Wink

1. Sit in your house. Watch movies like The Shining, Dr. Zhivago, anything that involves a lot of ice. You'll feel cooler.
2. Go to the movies. If you have a dollar discount theatre, it wouldn't be that money-draining, and we all know they keep in sub-zero in there.
3. Go outside and do that thing you did as a little kid: take the hose and play with it. Make it feel like it's raining. Make rainbows with the sunlight. Experiment with the various pressure settings.
4. Did you know that in Kuwait it's like 109 degrees? And the sun is 46,000 degrees. Mercury is something like 20,000. So compared to that, it's downright frosty here.
5. Go outside and work up a sweat. If you have air conditioning, when you come inside, you'll feel REALLY cool because sweating makes you feel more cool when cold air blows on you.
6. Eat ice cream or popsicles or just suck ice. It really works.
7. Go outside and see how many people you can annoy by asking, "Hot enough for ya?"
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 2:05am
At first, I thought the subject heading was "Kat's Ways To Pass The Time In Heat"LOL

sorry...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 3:28pm
Hahahaha. Well, I guess all of these activities would work either way.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Ad Slasher View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 6:42pm
Wow, I enjoy reading the list of "Kat's Ways To Pass The Time In The Heat".

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 7:53pm
I am actually thinking of picking up His and Hers Super Soakers and waging "war" on my husband!

The artist formerly known as Madawee

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:07am
Usually when it's hot out I'm just grateful it's not the middle of winter and I don't have to drive somewhere in the snow.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 12:22am
Set up my lounge chair w/ beach umbrella and watch the little wheel on the electric meter spin round & round & round.Tongue

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 4:34am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Usually when it's hot out I'm just grateful it's not the middle of winter and I don't have to drive somewhere in the snow.

That's pretty much how I try to look at it.  I'll take heatwave over winter nor'easter any day.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 4:48am
Get a mister!!  I don't mean a Mr.  I mean those contraptions with holes that hook up to your hose (and I don't mean ho's) and spray a fine mist all around you.  You can get 'em for maybe $8 at Walgreens, but those only have maybe a 10-ft range.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 5:11am
A former boss of mine had a junky old car that had a broken air conditioner.  He had an idea about using the cans of compressed air used to clean out keyboards.  Spray some of the air out and hold the cold can up to his head.......Tongue

We have a small home and 2 window-unit air conditioners.  They don't run the electric bill up that much at all.  I still have fond memories of our townhouse in IL.....central air....aaahhhhhhh........LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 5:27am
In the West, we have swamp coolers.  They're sort of boxy contraptions that have fans in them, and containers-of-sorts to hold water.  Turn 'em on and the fan blows the air from the cool water about.  These don't work in humid climates.  Come to think of it, they don't really work that great here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic