Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T 'Taco Party' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T 'Taco Party' (video)
    Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 2:32am
This commercial just makes me feel really uncomfortable.

The fat slob..."...ya think that's some information I'd like to know?..." 
Then the crass comment about 'Eric'. Bad move - 'Eric' looks like he was 'recently released' and may still be dangerous.

Anyway - about 'fat boy' - not sure if I'd fire him FIRST, or LAST, but more importantly, I'm trying to figure how I'd do it without kicking his ass - either before, or after, getting fired.

In any case, they'd ALL get canned if they were eating in front of MY office - then I'd eat the tacos. More for me.

Maybe I'd tell 'Eric' the whole firing thing was 'fat boy's' fault, and let nature take its course.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 6:30pm
I found this commercials more odd than truly annoying. I've definitely been in the situation when I had Cincinnati Bell where someone will send me a text message and I won't get it for a few hours or even days. I think it's a valid point to make, advertising-wise. The situation, though, is a bit implausible. Why would a taco party involve only four or five employees? And why wouldn't they communicate this through email? Sending a text to everyone isn't really professional.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:55pm
Is a "Taco Party" the opposite of a "Sausage Fest?"
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

A1Evilboy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A1Evilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 8:29pm
OK "creepy Eric", in this commercial is also "disgusting chews with his mouth too full and makes too much noise Eric". Grosses me out to hear him chewing his cud, mic'ed up in post production so the rest of us can hear that. Its nasty. Two thumbs down on this commercial.Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Depends who you invite and who enjoys which.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Depends who you invite and who enjoys which.
I prefer the Sausage and Taco mixers, especially where the ratio of Tacos to Sausages is at least 5 to 1.  Wink
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 12:41am
Originally posted by PrntgSrceAdGrp. PrntgSrceAdGrp. wrote:

OK "creepy Eric", in this commercial is also "disgusting chews with his mouth too full and makes too much noise Eric". Grosses me out to hear him chewing his cud, mic'ed up in post production so the rest of us can hear that. Its nasty. Two thumbs down on this commercial.Dead

i had a brain fart and didn't search to see if a thread already existed but i had made my own thread and i hate this commercial for the same reasons you. that guy makes you want to punch him through the TV.

I prefer the Sausage and Taco mixers, especially where the ratio of Tacos to Sausages is at least 5 to 1.  Wink

hahaha. don't we all?
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 2:23am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This commercial just makes me feel really uncomfortable.

The fat slob..."...ya think that's some information I'd like to know?..." 
Then the crass comment about 'Eric'. Bad move - 'Eric' looks like he was 'recently released' and may still be dangerous.

Anyway - about 'fat boy' - not sure if I'd fire him FIRST, or LAST, but more importantly, I'm trying to figure how I'd do it without kicking his ass - either before, or after, getting fired.

In any case, they'd ALL get canned if they were eating in front of MY office - then I'd eat the tacos. More for me.

Maybe I'd tell 'Eric' the whole firing thing was 'fat boy's' fault, and let nature take its course.

Darn it, Pa, they done took'd down yer youtube video! Angry
Give us a kiss!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 4:16pm
Omfg is cubical life really this boring? To the point where they have mini "parties" outside someone's office? Just another reason I refuse to work in a traditional office setting. I'm not going to be surrounded by mindless drones like this 40 hours a week.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 3:30pm
Doesn't it bother anyone that the "text message" is a completely green screen with animated tacos jumping around on it?

When's the last time you had a phone that could send that?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 3:34pm
Must be an "Ay-Yi-Yi" phone.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by ForumAdmin ForumAdmin wrote:

Doesn't it bother anyone that the "text message" is a completely green screen with animated tacos jumping around on it?

When's the last time you had a phone that could send that?
LOL"...supports integrated FLASH and TEXT!"
What a 'selling point' (and wouldn't you know - the commercial JUST now came on) - who would want one - and why?
VGplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VGplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 4:10am
My main problem with the commercial is that when the guy says, "Isn't this some information I would have liked to know?" and everyone is just staring at him, why didn't anyone say, "Oh, you didn't get our text?"
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 4:31am
They had to bring this one back, didn't they. Eric looks albino. Wonder why he doesn't look the least bit insulted.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 7:05am
Eric looks like the kind of guy who settles his scores after work, doncha know....
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Omfg is cubical life really this boring? To the point where they have mini "parties" outside someone's office? Just another reason I refuse to work in a traditional office setting. I'm not going to be surrounded by mindless drones like this 40 hours a week.

It's pretty damn boring, yeah.  There are a lot of people in the offices I've worked that would do things like this.  I keep my brain working by taking smoke breaks and drinking tons of coffee at work Big smile

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:26pm
ConfusedI don't go into the office all that often, anymore...when I do go, I always wind up finding the people I'm looking for outside taking smoke breaks and rattling from 'caffine overload' (and there is never any coffee left for me). There are usually empy pizza boxes all around the front of my office, too...and, if they were going to have pizza parties (much better than taco parties), didn't they think that was some information I would have liked to have known? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:40pm

LOL

Sadly, such parties are the high point of your 9-to-5 existence when you work in an office.  Fridays, at around 4pm, are pretty exciting, too.  It's when you get to let loose and have someone spin you around in your ergonomic office chair or maybe shoot a few rubber bands at a co-worker.

ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 9:18pm

LOL 
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOL

Sadly, such parties are the high point of your 9-to-5 existence when you work in an office.  Fridays, at around 4pm, are pretty exciting, too.  It's when you get to let loose and have someone spin you around in your ergonomic office chair or maybe shoot a few rubber bands at a co-worker.

Stealing the office's stubborn printer/copy machine and smashing it to pieces in a field is always a nice way to cap off a Friday.

20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by PrntgSrceAdGrp. PrntgSrceAdGrp. wrote:

AGREED!  That is so disgusting.  So is that freakish shape of his face.  I become annoyed every time it comes on.  I feel a compelling urge to throw him out a window.  But nothing is more disgusting than hearing loud or open mouthed chewers....which is why Carl's Jr commercials are my all time most hated!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 7:55pm
"Isn't this some information I would have liked to know?"  No, not if you weren't invited.
bluestate69 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestate69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:42am
THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT! its the first thing i noticed in the commercial. eric takes another bite while his mouth is already full. its the text book definition of "PIGGING OUT". and who has a "stand outside door" taco party?
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:02pm
I hate that there is, what is essentially, a rolling taco cart with all of the fixin's that they are eating off of. WTF???
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

I hate that there is, what is essentially, a rolling taco cart with all of the fixin's that they are eating off of. WTF???
LOL...just wait until you get a real office job...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic