Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The Talk" on CBS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Talk" on CBS
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

Originally posted by clamshell clamshell wrote:

Leah Remini sold out. A very sad happening.
Sorry.  I think she's a douchebag.  She was OK on "KOQ" but her horrible, stuffy nosed nasal voice...

What's with that?  It doesn't sound nasally as in the way some New Yorkers talk.  It sounds nasally as if she simply needs to blow her nose.

Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 10:14pm
When I first saw that this was being developed I just shook my head.  I don't watch The View, only see snippets that air on other shows occasionally.  However, IMHO, none of the women for The Talk has the background, name recognition, or experience that some of the women of The View, so I think it will flop pretty quickly.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 4:27am
One glaring omission I've seen in the ads for The Talk:  They never say what time it is on.

I'm sticking with the Jerry Springer show....  LOL
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 2:58am
I saw a promo for it this morning...they showed a clip of Leah walking off the set. Dunno if it was an argument or just behind-the-scenes footage. Still not compelled to watch, but then again, I'm a male, so they're not saying anything I'd be interested in anyways...
The poster formerly known as producer757
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 4:36am
Originally posted by clamshell clamshell wrote:

Sorry.  I think she's a douchebag.  She was OK on "KOQ" but her horrible, stuffy nosed nasal voice and "bitch" attitude never made me love her.  When she was parading around her lack of maternal skills with her fugly baby (who was using a bottle at like...3 years old...) I just lost it with her. 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 4:26am
Being the network exec's wife sure has its perks...
The poster formerly known as producer757
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

"The Talk?"  Really?  Wow, they really stretched their tiny little f*cking brains to come up with that title!

Yeah I know so stupid much as like what CBS comes up with, crap.

I wonder what show this replaces.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:37pm
"The Talk?"  Really?  Wow, they really stretched their tiny little f*cking brains to come up with that title!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 5:58am
I never realized that the way Leah Remini sounded in "King of Queens" is how she sounds in REAL LIFE! On KoQ it was entertaining, but on a show like "The Talk", I think it would get real old real fast.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:14am
Now parents, don't forget to give your kids "The Talk"...! LOL
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 3:34am
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 10:51pm
I'm sure "The View" had NO inspiration whatsoever with CBS coming up with the name "The Talk." Disapprove  That's like a tabloid show ripping off "Entertainment Tonight," with the new show being named "Entertainment Evening." 
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

How about a new show called "The Crapper".  Everyone sits on a toilet with a newspaper and exchanges opinions on what's going on in the world.  Don't like what someone said or did?  FLUSH. 

Sounds like a dumb-ass reality show for GSN. No complaining about it on the forums either, because people will tell you to quit whining and that "The Crapper" (or "The C!") is a great show that brings in high ratings and ratings don't lie and GSN can't afford to show classic shows or quality programming ever again....

Rant over--you get the idea.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 12:09am
How about a new show called "The Crapper".  Everyone sits on a toilet with a newspaper and exchanges opinions on what's going on in the world.  Don't like what someone said or did?  FLUSH. 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 11:59pm
Doomed to fail, perhaps?
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 3:20pm
Just what network TV needs--another show that rips off "The View" and features a bunch of bitchy bitches sitting around and bitching.

Luckily I have a job and a life and won't be around to watch this trash. I just wish it wasn't being advertised every 30 seconds!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic