Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Political Commercials 2010 Edition!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Political Commercials 2010 Edition!
    Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:36am
I hate them as much as the other guy. "I approve of this message", "We're responsible for this content",...

Like this one from Ohio for Matt Patten....

For my B-Day...I want these damn political commercials to go away!Angry

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 3:13am
On November 3 we'll be welcoming back the Christmas Commercials with OPEN ARMS!Hug
Poiuyt Power!!!
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:41am
What bugs me more than competing candidates exploiting on the [real or imagined] weaknesses of their opponent is groups like the Democratic/Republican National Congressional/Senatorial Campaign, moveon.org, or other "501" groups doing as many commercials as the candidates themselves. Do the candidates not have enough money to spend on commercials. Dead
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 5:10pm
Ugh...I dread October knowing that these things will start showing up. Every single commercial break, I'm hit with a wave of lies and misinformation from these jerks. You know who I'd vote for? A candidate who just told me what they're for and said "I'd appreciate your vote." But, no, instead, they feel the need to attack their opponents because apparently their own qualities aren't high enough. Most of it is backed up by either no sources or really old sources. I saw one where he accused his opponent of "voting to privatize social security" and at the bottom, it listed the bill he voted for in 2002! Seriously? The worst you could come up with was one bill he voted for 8 years ago?
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:11pm
Six years ago these kinds of ads made me question WHY was I PAYING someone for the "privilege" of watching Programs with these ads in them. Two years later, while these kinds of ad were infesting the airwaves ANOTHER kind of Ad came on during a Kids Show, and that sealed my fate....
Poiuyt Power!!!
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 1:37am
I hate it when the politicians try to make it sound like they're every Tom, Dick and Harry and that they have the same problems as everybody else. Puh-leez!! They all probably have health insurance, something of which I cannot afford.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:16pm
What I hate is how they have people saying they had problems with this guy.

They might as well say "I hate this guy, I wish he was dead" and they other guy says "We are responsible for this content, so you can't do anything about it since we're right and the other guy is an asshole. We'll burn his house with him in it and take his wife and f**k her brains out and take all his campaign money and destroy all our enemies, because...we can, bitch"!

That's a little dark, but these political commercials are VERY dark!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 5:22pm
ConfusedWell...you could be lucky and have "Crazy Carl" running (and he *might* actually win) for Gov...this guy is interesting, scary, dangerous, and kinda good, all wrapped up in a package ya better not disagree with, or cross - or he'll literally kick your ass...
...and, of course, let's have something "off the record", as he talks about the current Gov.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Rantalicious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rantalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 10:35am
That guy looks (and acts) like a character out of The Sopranos, or Godfather, or [fill in name of show/movie full of Mafiosi].  Carl "Snake Eyes" Paladino - give him a call if you need somebody to disappear, ifyaknowwutImean.

How the heck is he polling as well as he is?  He's a nutcase!

Meanwhile, we are being assaulted with Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, Barbara Boxer, and Jerry Brown (his ads are probably the least obnoxious out of the four).  And some guy who I guess is running as an Independent-with-Tea-Party-overtones.

I don't need to see these feckin ads!!!  I vote based on factual stuff, like the candidates' actual records, and I read the voter guide they send out two months before the election.  Whatever happened to doing your research before you go to the polls?? Angry  BAH!

Every time a bad ad hits the airwaves...the terrorists win!

aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:56pm
Here in Michigan, we have some political ad that has the politician talking with a small girl. He remarks about all the money she's saved in her jar and then some other guy's arm appears and he takes it from her, leaving her with a few pennies. The little girl asks the politician why he did that and the guy says something about how that's what Washington does or something. I think he's trying to gain voters by using little kids in his ads, cuz apparently, people will think the kids are cute or something and they'll end up voting for him.
Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:13pm
I totally agree with everyone else who's sick of the direction these commercials are taking. One of my least favorites is one being run by Democrat Tommy Sowers here in Missouri. I hate it because it's so obvious that they're trying to push every "button" that's supposed to appeal to us simple-minded folks: he's a veteran of the war in Iraq, he's a Christian who had his little "combat Bible" to keep him company, he's a patriot who walks around carrying the American flag, he's a good old boy who likes to get out there and shoot his shotgun, etc., etc. Of course, he has to attack his opponent with accusations that you're never sure are true, half-true or completely false, and he should win some award for using absolutely the most unflattering photos of his opponent, not to mention his announcers heavy "southern Missouri" accent. I don't consider myself either a Democrat or a Republican...I'm an independent who votes for the best and most qualified candidate (in my opinion), and as far as I'm concerned, all these commercials do is irritate me and insult my intelligence, no matter who's running them. Oh, and I'LL BE THE ONE TO DO THE RESEARCH AND DECIDE WHICH CANDIDATE IS BETTER QUALIFIED, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by aspie1966 aspie1966 wrote:

Here in Michigan, we have some political ad that has the politician talking with a small girl. He remarks about all the money she's saved in her jar and then some other guy's arm appears and he takes it from her, leaving her with a few pennies. The little girl asks the politician why he did that and the guy says something about how that's what Washington does or something. I think he's trying to gain voters by using little kids in his ads, cuz apparently, people will think the kids are cute or something and they'll end up voting for him.

That girl might as well say "I hate that guy, he's a meanie. He took everything from me"!

We're now teaching kids to hate?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic