Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Biggest Reasons Why The CW Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Biggest Reasons Why The CW Sucks
    Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 2:37pm
With the fifth season of the CW just underway, lets look back at their biggest fumbles (or things most to whine about) thus far:

Canceling 'Everwood'
Resurrecting '7th Heaven' for a lackluster 11th and final season
'Reba's final season treated badly
Not enough promos for 'Smallville', and 'Supernatural'
Canceling 'Veronica Mars'
Canceling 'All of Us', 'Girlfriends', 'The Game', 'Everybody Hates Chris' (just about all urban related programming from UPN)
Canceling 'Reaper'
Having the Pussycat Dolls reality show replacing 'Veronica Mars'
Treating 'Gossip Girl like 'the second coming' despite so-so ratings
Poor treatment of shows they inherited from WB/UPN
Replacing Kids WB! with 4Kids!
The "young, rich, white girls with issues' station / focusing on the young women demo too much
Using 'Vampire Diaries' as a 'Twilight' cash grab
Green-lighting the 'Melrose Place' remake and keeping it on the air despite horrendous ratings
Not picking the pilots of 'Aquaman' and 'Body Politic'
The existence of such reality shows like 'High Society', and 'Fly Girls'
The long time of having their shows on repeat
Fulling their afternoon slots with talk shows, and judge shows
Being beaten in the ratings by Univision and even some cable channels (e.g. ABC Family)
and of course the handsdown #1 reason why The CW suck...
Keeping Dawn Ostroff around
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Sponsored Links

PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 6:57pm
C'mon the CW a.k.a UPN, a.k.a the WB have always been sub-par in terms of programming. But I agree, they should consider demographics other than pretty white chicks with abandonment issues and that not everyone is a fan of the Pussyccat Doll/Vampire/Gossip Girl bandwagon. However, what do you expect from this network? It's not USA, TNT, or even TBS! This is the same networks that gambled with such timeless classics as "The Diary of Desmond Pfieffer" and "Shasta McNasty".
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 9:15pm
Who's Dawn Ostroff?

The CW makes struggling networks like NBC feel better about themselves.
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:22pm
The only good thing on CW is Supernatural.  By the way, they promo the hell outta Smallville during that show so I have to disagree with you on that one.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 11:21pm
Not enough promos for 'Smallville'

What?!  They should have killed that (sorry sack of...) show YEARS ago...! LOL

Canceling 'Everybody Hates Chris'

These things happen when the star of the show suddenly grows taller than the subject of the show....  LOL
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 3:31am
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

...Fulling their afternoon slots with talk shows, and judge shows...

Not a biggie, but the afternoon block on the CW is up to your local CW station, save for the Tyra show, which airs on the network.  Here I get Maury and Judge Mathis around Tyra's show in the afternoon on my local CW station (most of the judge shows are on the FOX station here.)  But I could imagine, depending on where you are, that your CW station might air a 'horror block' of Judge Judy, Judge Pirro, that new Nancy Grace judge show (Shocked) and the Nate Berkus show before Tyra. LOL  I'd block the CW station from my TV if it had such a horrendous sydnication lineup!

However, I agree with your rant about the CW network in general.  The network seems to be very trashy.  I don't watch the primetime network shows, but I've flipped by them enough to expect to see things that puts Jerry Springer's show to shame! LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by TWCFan TWCFan wrote:

Who's Dawn Ostroff?
The idiot bimbo currently running The CW.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 9:10pm
it sucks. period. Thumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 3:50am
We've gotten to the point that their affiliates, even flagship affiliates, want to distance themselves from The CW. Take for example, New York's WPIX.

Before:

After:

t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

Not a biggie, but the afternoon block on the CW is up to your local CW station, save for the Tyra show, which airs on the network.  Here I get Maury and Judge Mathis around Tyra's show in the afternoon on my local CW station (most of the judge shows are on the FOX station here.)  But I could imagine, depending on where you are, that your CW station might air a 'horror block' of Judge Judy, Judge Pirro, that new Nancy Grace judge show (Shocked) and the Nate Berkus show before Tyra. LOL  I'd block the CW station from my TV if it had such a horrendous sydnication lineup!
I pity the poor kids without cable, or the internet who have nothing better to watch in the afternoons when they come home from school. A kid raised on judge shows, springer shows, and local news is a scary kid indeed!
Originally posted by bluenowait bluenowait wrote:

We've gotten to the point that their affiliates, even flagship affiliates, want to distance themselves from The CW. Take for example, New York's WPIX.Before:After:
With they way things are going at The CW, I don't really blame these stations for distancing the,selves. Now lets see if WPIX will go back to their roots, and show something better in the afternoons. Like this!

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

I pity the poor kids without cable, or the internet who have nothing better to watch in the afternoons when they come home from school. A kid raised on judge shows, springer shows, and local news is a scary kid indeed!

Maybe then this kid might do something other than watch TV? I don't know, like go outside and play, maybe get some exercise? Or, god forbid, READ A BOOK?!?!?!

On second thought, they'll probably watch the crappy TV and bitch about how nothing good is ever on and there's nothing to do...LOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:06pm
I don't even have a local CW station. It's just a "digital" over-the-air channel.
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:10am
Originally posted by bluenowait bluenowait wrote:

We've gotten to the point that their affiliates, even flagship affiliates, want to distance themselves from The CW. Take for example, New York's WPIX.

Before:

After:

Same here in Washington:

before

after

They do superimpose a little 'CW' logo besides the '50' during shows on the bottom right corner, but they don't show it in station promos, and they only refer to themselves as "DC 50."

Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
bonesquat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:53pm
What is CW?!?!?!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 10:17pm
In a way...The CW always sucked!

The WB was better than UPN and The CW Combined!

They should've called it The Weird Butt Network!

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 12:52am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

LOL
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

LOL

Speaking of "Butt"...my CW affiliate WBNX didn't even use the word 'butt' until it bought the WB in 1997, because it's pwned by The Cathedral of Tomorrow! And WBNX is the 3rd biggest CW Station in the Nation!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 12:19am
Na Na Na Na!
Na Na Na Na!
Hey! Hey! Hey!
GOODBYE!
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 12:39am
My CW channel also has distanced itself from the CW Brand it is now The CT WCCT-TV not one mention of the CW. Stern%20Smile
miapia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:20am
Plus they make since good shows like the circle
The tomorrow people ternova for one season leave the show off on a HUGE HUGE cliff hanger and then just cancel the show
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:42am
^That's what they get for both ripping off a British show and making a Children's show into an adult show.

Honestly, once you've seen the REAL show, CW's "The Tomorrow People" is just embarrassingly bad. Both UK Versions of the show were highly entertaining even written as children/family shows. You can't take a storyline written for that audience and make it for a "post-watershed" audience.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 2:20am
The WB kicked ass! Michigan J Frog and Kids WB. What's not to like?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 6:30am
The only channels I recognized in this entire topic are USA, TNT, and TBS. From the comments I consider myself fortunate.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 9:17am
CW isn't carried by Dish as far as I know; I only know of it because some of the people I keep company with online and off don't have very good taste.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 12:23am
I miss The WB. That was a much better network than the CW. Millions of 90s/early 00s teens and young adults grew up with Dawson's Creek, 7th Heaven, Felicity and Charmed. 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic