Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snuggie Macarena

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snuggie Macarena
    Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:49pm
As if I needed one more reason to hate these stupid things, they had to do the Macarena, the most hated song of mine ever, in the commercial. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN_Ml4PKdVU
Sponsored Links

buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:45pm
I swear, it's either turning into a cult, or simply a big prank on everyone. Hell, they even have an f'in fan club!
http://www.snuggiefanclub.com/

Pinch
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:18am
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
IA-GRIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IA-GRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 12:49am
Agreed! As if the d-bag dad's dancing around like an idiot wasn't painful enough they pull the most annoying song of the 90's out of a hat and slap it to us like the IRS on tax day. Id like to pull my own tidbit from the 90's and install a "Clapper" rigged with explosives into their "BLOATS" (COAT/BLANKET's)  to take all these druin lookin retards of my TV. If your either that lazy or that cold to require wearing such a ridiculous thing you shouldn't be able to dance around, unless its in heavy traffic on a freeway somewhere.
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 4:44am
00:29
molegoddess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molegoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 12:06am
When I saw this I immediately assumed it was meta.  The snuggie people know perfectly well how utterly stupid their product is, so they're intentionally ramping it up just to see how much ridiculousness they can get away with.
This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff.     ~The Doctor
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 12:25am
Leave it Snuggie to ruin a classic 90's song just to sell more Snuggies. Thumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 3:40pm
I vaguely remembered this post.  I never actually watched the video that was linked, and somehow didn't see the commercial til this morning.  all I can say is, "wow".

I don't even know if I can say that I hate it.  It's so bizarre, so stupid, so......cheesy, that it HAD to be their intent.   It definitely goes down as one of the strangest I've seen in a while..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 4:00pm
I think I saw "Snuggie dad" last night in a commercial for some sleep aid product called Midnite PM.  He wasn't wearing his Snuggie.

Couldn't find any video of the commercial.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think I saw "Snuggie dad" last night in a commercial for some sleep aid product called Midnite PM.  He wasn't wearing his Snuggie.

no wonder he couldn't sleep - he was cold!!!
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

no wonder he couldn't sleep - he was cold!!!

LOL

Actually, I think he was getting hot.

The commercial shows a couple in bed.  The good-looking wife says "I need it in the middle of the night", and the husband (Snuggie dad) says "I need it now". 

By the way, I'm not totally sure it's the same guy, but it sure looks like him.  Maybe others can weigh in when they see the commercial.

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 11:31pm
Damn these commercial guys are ridiculously behind the times lately. Geez Toyota has some kid who thinks he's the Fonz and these guys are still rockin' the Macarena?  Somebody really needs to get out of the office.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Leave it Snuggie to ruin a classic 90's song just to sell more Snuggies. Thumbs%20Down

I think your definition of "classic" is a bit off here.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 10:17pm

This past week, we had a cold snap and our office temp was 58 a couple mornings till they got things regulated. After the first day, our new admin assistant went out and bought a Snuggie for the office. It worked out really well because she could stay warm and still use her computer and talk on the phone.

Only problem was, when she came over to my cube next door, she had to hold the back shut like a hospital gown, so she wouldn't trip over it. LOL

Hundreds of threads killed.
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:39am
I've always hated that stupid song!
Julie
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Tech Tech wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I think your definition of "classic" is a bit off here.

Yeah, that song was ruined the minute someone wrote it. LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:38pm
I like the song for its cheez factor.  Of course, the video is required to fully appreciate it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic