Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cinnamon toast crunch promotes cannibalism.(video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cinnamon toast crunch promotes cannibalism.(video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cinnamon toast crunch promotes cannibalism.(video)
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:46pm

Have you all seen these commercials? There are several. This is just once I found. All of them display same species cannibalizing each other. These commercials often are shown on Nickelodeon. I really hate these commercials because it is teaching kids that it's ok to eat your fellow school mates or brothers and sisters, etc. Crampy

Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:59pm
Ugh, even computer-animated characters chomp, slurp and smack when they eat in ads.  MAKE IT STOP! Cry
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
CubaLibre88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CubaLibre88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 1:16am
um ... i think its saying that the cereal is so good that the cereal itself wants to eat eatself ... seeing as how cinnamon toast crunch squares aren't people its not promoting human cannabalism
bonesquat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 5:02am
Originally posted by CubaLibre88 CubaLibre88 wrote:

um ... i think its saying that the cereal is so good that the cereal itself wants to eat eatself ... seeing as how cinnamon toast crunch squares aren't people its not promoting human cannabalism

True but it STILL promotes cannibalism in general. It's enough for me to notice. :)
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 2:21pm
I just hope the kids don't become Hannibal Lecter after seeing this commercial.

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 2:44pm
Cannibalism was just in the news the other day.  Some research conducted by a university in Spain found that... 

"The humans-as-food determination negates other possibilities, such as cannibalism for ritual's sake, or cannibalism due to starvation. In this oldest known case of humans eating humans, other food was available to the diners, but human flesh was just part of their meat mix."

Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 3:27am
Whats with the animated cereal pieces?  This and the frosted miniwheats.  I call that false advertising. I pour out my mini wheats and they just lay there like a sack of crap. There is no intelligence (includes me :P) or any of them laughing or getting out of the bowl. Maybe they died in the factory?

Anyone thinks im serious is crazy and thinks im crazy (which I am) Big%20smile
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 3:50am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I just hope the kids don't become Hannibal Lecter after seeing this commercial.

Or worse yet, Hannibal Licked Her!  Shocked  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

In this oldest known case of humans eating humans, other food was available to the diners, but human flesh was just part of their meat mix."

I wonder if we "taste like chicken"?  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:20am
I see these commercials a lot because my oldest watches Nickelodeon.  They're very creepy.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

Whats with the animated cereal pieces?  This and the frosted miniwheats.  I call that false advertising. I pour out my mini wheats and they just lay there like a sack of crap. There is no intelligence (includes me :P) or any of them laughing or getting out of the bowl. Maybe they died in the factory?

I noticed too, that when I pour cereal into a bowl and then douche it thoroughly with organic suspension of liquid cow boob compound (homo milk), it just sits there looking about as bright as a burned-out light bulb (or about as dumb as a box of hammers)...e.g., I do not see Mini Wheats beating the living tweedle out of one another with floating gloves, Fruit Loops frolicking happily in the milk, fake "captains" with their eyebrows on the fronts of their hats throwing crunchberries around, etc.
Am I just not seeing something that (according to advertisers anyway) I *SHOULD* be seeing? ConfusedLOLWinkLOLConfused

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

LOL

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 11:32pm
I've been wondering this same thing for a good while.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:07pm
Confused...this thread needs to come back to life - I've been dealing with the 'after effects' of this commercial for a while, now. Think it was the music - no, maybe the blue background - no, maybe the cannibalistic foodstuffs...maybe all of the above, that MissyDWolf woke up to growling and snapping.
She *HATES* this commercial with a passion.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 2:24am
Once again I feel the need to resurrect this thread...I seriously hate these commercials simply because it's for people with an IQ of about 1-10 and the fact that it still promotes cannibalism....I have a problem with that. This commercial is for the simple minded and should be buried alive by now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic