Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heyyyy, Snuggie-Oh-No!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heyyyy, Snuggie-Oh-No!
    Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 5:57am
If I hadn't verified it via this Youtube video, I would've assumed the commercial I just saw on TV was something I imagined in a bad dream.

But it's here, it's real, and it's sensational.  Dead

Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 6:13am
Oh. My. God. Shocked Cry  If anyone had the ability to videotape a nightmare, this would be it.  What ad exec, in their right mind, would use the MACARENA as a song to butcher in an ad?  I mean, the song came out in 1995, and it was banned at the time from many radio stations nationwide due to how annoying it was...yet the Snuggie Corporation felt it was appropriate for a brand new 2010 ad?! Unhappy  All I can say is that I'm happy that a much newer song wasn't butchered and ruined instead.  This one was already bastardized from the get-go.

And Dead, I love animals just like the next person, but I hate hate HATE when they show an animal (in this case, the dog) trying to join in the festivities by jumping all around when it was really trying to jump for a dog biscuit.  Angry No Snuggie, you aren't fooling anyone with that dog.  It does NOT want to dance with the other idiots!
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 8:01am
When our troops capture members of the taliban, they should lock them in a cell wrap them in a snuggie and show them this commercial over and over and over and over and over....Wacko
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:10pm
A co-worker's status on facebook said that this commercial has to go and I don't blame him. Who thought of combining the macarena and snuggies? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:17pm
I have to admit that the actual Macarena video is one of my favorite videos of all time (as in favorite worst videos of all time).  I haven't decided if this commercial, though, will achieve that dubious distinction.  Time will tell.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

When our troops capture members of the taliban, they should lock them in a cell wrap them in a snuggie and show them this commercial over and over and over and over and over....Wacko

Well...

1.  I think the Taliban goes commando (in both senses of the word).
2.  The Snuggie is open in the back.
3.  This is how they pray:

So, no thanks.  That would be cruel to our troops.  LOL

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:51pm
Two bad things that go worse together.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I have to admit that the actual Macarena video is one of my favorite videos of all time (as in favorite worst videos of all time).

I like that one too. Mainly because of that sexy, slinky chick with the blue (or was it pink?) hair.

She's hot & I want to do things to her.

As far as this ad is concerned.... When I saw the thread title, I was expecting the song to be that old Bow Wow Wow song "Baby, Oh No!", which I wish they would've used. THAT woulda been f**kin COOL!!!

"You're my Snuggie, Oh No!....

You make me lose my self control...

I'll go crazy, whoa-o-o....

If Snuggie oh no doesn't show..."

Or maybe they coulda done "I Want Snuggie!!"

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:34pm
The could've done "Baby Got (Snuggie) Back". That would've been simply disgusting. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:58pm
For a trip down memory lane, and for the benefit of the young people who may not have been conscious yet when the song/video came out, here it is:

There's enough eye candy for everyone in this video.  For the guys, there's about a dozen beautiful international babes.  And for the women, there's...

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 6:43pm
GAAAAAAAG wheres a dragon when you need one? To burn the asses of these assh*les! they made the Macarena WORSE, somebody at least disable their vocal cords so they cant sing!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 10:24pm
Gawd. What's with the tool oggling a snuggie centerfold? Confused Hasn't he have one bit of dignity left.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Gawd. What's with the tool oggling a snuggie centerfold? Confused Hasn't he have one bit of dignity left.

True...they must have offered that actor (I use the term loosley)  a BUTT LOAD of cash for THAT gig!!  "Kids they are running daddy's commercial again..come see...kids? kids??? Why are you hiding in the closet?"Confused
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 3:03am
Yikes!  I think that the folks over at Snuggie Inc. are losing their freaking minds!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 3:58am

I'd seriously like to know what magazine on Earth would have a Snuggie centerfold! Shocked  I tell you, it is one thing to prance around with a Snuggie on like you are an idiot, but it is just wrong to liken a Snuggie to something a guy would pin up on his bedroom wall (or hide with his Playboys!) LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 2:41pm
Just be thankful he wasn't doing what a lot of guys do while they're oggling a centerfold..... 

.....and holding up the magazine with one hand... Shocked

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 3:44pm

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 9:40pm
Maybe it wasn't a centerfold after all. It was a full page "spread" of the new Octomom snuggie.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 9:54pm
^^^^LOLLOLLOLLOL

This commercial just should not be! The singing! The Snuggie Cult doing their ritual dance! The dog! The guy with the Snuggie centerfold was the worst part. I'll bet he'll be all aflutter when next month's issue comes out with the centerfold wearing a *gasp!* leopard print Snuggie! Whoa baby! Someone get him some Jergens and some Kleenex!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:45pm
ConfusedI wonder if there is a problem with people wearing their 'Snuggies' backwards? (open, in the front)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedI wonder if there is a problem with people wearing their 'Snuggies' backwards? (open, in the front)

They might have to call it something else---perhaps "Seigguns" or "bathrobe".

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 12:49am

Maybe it wasn't a centerfold after all. It was a full page "spread" of the new Octomom snuggie.
Thanks...I will now have a nightnare tonight!!! As a matter of fact it reminds me of a nightmare I had years ago...New Years eve 1984 ...I had 8 glasses of "strange" egg nog!!
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Yiffy Yiffy wrote:

0:13: Now there's a nurse that'll raise your blood pressure...among other things. Big%20smile (damn, animators really knew how to draw cartoon women back in the 80s and 90s LOL  )

Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by JasonTKD JasonTKD wrote:

Originally posted by Yiffy Yiffy wrote:

0:13: Now there's a nurse that'll raise your blood pressure...among other things. Big%20smile (damn, animators really knew how to draw cartoon women back in the 80s and 90s LOL  )

I kid you not, when I was a kid I was in love with Minerva Mink! (the nurse was ok ) lol

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 7:10am
Originally posted by aspie1966 aspie1966 wrote:

A co-worker's status on facebook said that this commercial has to go and I don't blame him. Who thought of combining the macarena and snuggies? 

Could it be....SATAN?!?!?

Evil%20Smile
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic