Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest 3D white why not LIE to your agent!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crest 3D white why not LIE to your agent!
    Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 1:44am
I dont' know why I thought it went away but that annoying commercial is back and they are running it in my area CONSTANTLY! The one with the chick (I guess she is a wanna be actress or dancer) with the agent who tells her to prepare for her  audition in 3 weeks no coffee wine tea or blueberry pie and brighten your STUPID SMILE..ok she didnt 'say stupid but she looks stupid with that cheesy wink in the end after she does just what the agent told her not to do!!!
OK I GET IT!! YOU ARE NOT CLEVER ANYMORE...GO AWAY!!!!Angry
Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:09am
I hate how they show the woman all smarmy and everything at the end when the agent is like "See...I told you that your teeth would be whiter!" Disapprove  In reality, the woman would probably just be like 'phew...fooled her!' and then go on with her day. 

Maybe I am wrong, but would 3 weeks make a difference at all if she ate or drank wine/coffee/tea?  I could see maybe over a period of a year or two where consuming such foods would dye the teeth, but the agent acts like her teeth would be permanently stained dark brown after drinking one expresso! LOL   I drink a lot of tea, and my teeth are fairly white, and I have never used any teeth whitening product.

Maybe this is another product, but I LOVE the other teeth whitening ad where the woman has a wedding in 2 days or so, and her teeth magically become neon white after using the product, as if that REALLY happens that fast. Unhappy
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:05pm
I can't deal with ads like this because these ladies ALREADY have white teeth! I don't have teeth that white and it's depressing that their teeth aren't considered white enough. I have to wonder what people think about MY teeth then.
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:44pm
I hate how in the wedding version, the woman smiles SO WIDE. Its reminds me of the smile-shaped scar on the Joker's face....that's how wide she smiles. Also reminds me of Giada on the food network. Annoying.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 8:44pm
In that wedding commercial, she's in front of a mirror yanking part of her gown up comparing how whiter it is compared to her teeth. Who the f*ck does that?
Like everyone who later  looking through the couple's wedding album will notice her gown was whiter than her teeth.Wacko Friggin attention whore.
What about her soon to be husband, what if he doesn't have a dazzling smile like her's. 
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

In that wedding commercial, she's in front of a mirror yanking part of her gown up comparing how whiter it is compared to her teeth. Who the f*ck does that?
Like everyone who later  looking through the couple's wedding album will notice her gown was whiter than her teeth.Wacko Friggin attention whore.
What about her soon to be husband, what if he doesn't have a dazzling smile like her's. 

Yeah, and who is to say that her wedding dress is 100% pure white?  I'm no wedding dress expert, but I know many wedding dresses are off-white.  For all we know, her teeth could be brown, and when she gets the teeth to the whiteness of the dress, they still look off compared to a pure white sheet of paper or something.  What an idiot (the woman in the ad.) Disapprove
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:51pm
She wants to be as pure as the driven snow on her special day. I'd be wondering who had been doing the driving if I were at the end of that aisle.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 2:09am
And now there's a new ad for Crest 3D whitestrips.  A woman is talking to her friend, and she tells her friend that she has a guy she wants to introduce to her in two weeks (for a relationship, I'm sure.)  However, she tells the friend that she must get her smile whiter in the two weeks before she'll introduce her to the guy. Confused Disapprove

The friend must be a real control freak, promising an introduction to a possible boyfriend for the other woman, but only on the condition of her teeth getting whiter.  Oh no, your teeth or too yellow...so I have the right to determine who you meet and don't meet.  My guy friend only likes women with fluorescently fake neon whitestrip-tainted teeth! Angry

Even though the agent version of this ad campaign was stupid, idiotic and unrealistic, this one surely takes the cake.  Next they'll have a woman telling her husband that he can't blink again until his teeth are whiter...as if she can force him to do either or prevent him from doing so! Disapprove
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 4:56am
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

And now there's a new ad for Crest 3D whitestrips.  A woman is talking to her friend, and she tells her friend that she has a guy she wants to introduce to her in two weeks (for a relationship, I'm sure.)  However, she tells the friend that she must get her smile whiter in the two weeks before she'll introduce her to the guy. Confused Disapprove

The friend must be a real control freak, promising an introduction to a possible boyfriend for the other woman, but only on the condition of her teeth getting whiter.  Oh no, your teeth or too yellow...so I have the right to determine who you meet and don't meet.  My guy friend only likes women with fluorescently fake neon whitestrip-tainted teeth! Angry

Even though the agent version of this ad campaign was stupid, idiotic and unrealistic, this one surely takes the cake.  Next they'll have a woman telling her husband that he can't blink again until his teeth are whiter...as if she can force him to do either or prevent him from doing so! Disapprove

dp7, I just saw that one today...I agree that one is far more DUMB than theone with the agent!! What would I looklike telling my friend that I can only introduce her to this guy if her  teeth are bright shining white!!! My friend would call me every name in the book and tell me to stay the hell away from her because I am just to weird for words!!!Angry
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:30pm
her teeth are already white and she's complaining her teeth aren't white enough?
We have the power of imagination.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:23pm
However, she tells the friend that she must get her smile whiter in the two weeks before she'll introduce her to the guy.
That's precious.......... what a gal pal.  Maybe that guy has a super white smile and doesn't wanna embarrass herself by introducing an "average" smile gal to him.
Maybe she heard that guy is going to break up with his present average smile gf in 2 weeks and will then be available.Big%20smile Or maybe he's a dentist.

I can really picture 2 guys doing this: Hey Frank. I know this really hot gal that I'll introduce you to if  you get those teeth a little whiter and maybe use a better shampoo. I'll call ya in a couple weeks.
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 1:54am
One should never wear a shade of white that's whiter than one's teeth.  Otherwise the teeth just look more yellow.  3D paste does actually work pretty well.  And I don't have snow white chiclet veneers glued onto my teeth like most of these oral care actors do.  I am also getting sick of this obsessive tooth whitening stuff.  So your teeth are not  blinding people!  So what?  Does that make you a dirty or unclean person??  Cripes....Big%20smile  My niece and nephew are constantly begging for whitening strips and mouth washes and chewing gums etc.,  and I wonder what effect swallowing all these chemicals will have?? 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:17am
What the hell are you going to do if she doesn't have a bright nuclear white smile on her impossibly beautiful face? Shun her from society?! If you ask me a real acting gig cares more about you ability to dance and act. Whoever created these toothpaste commercials should be sent to a mental institution for some intense therapy. This commercial has no morals because it says: no one will ever like for who you are if you don't use Crest 3D paste. What the Censored is 3D toothpaste anyway? I mean we should spend our technological knowledge on finding a cancer/aids/als vaccine not making a sh*tty toothpaste for shallow stupid people! Idiots!!!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 5:37pm
I happened to buy the 3D white toothpaste because it was on sale and I was having cramps and I didn't want to shop any longer. Honestly.....IT'S CRAP! It doesn't whiten and it hasn't done anything for me. Sale or no sale, I'm never buying it again. Crest is officially on my sh*t list.
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 5:48pm
I'm on my second tube of 3D and I am amazed at how well it's worked on my teeth.  I think an electric toothbrush boosts the effectiveness.

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:45pm
I have an electric toothbrush, hasn't even made a dent on my ""off white" smile.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:13am
Absolutely cannot stand this commercial - I'd do ANYTHING to make that toothy, smug b*tch cry.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:04am
I can't deal with this "agent's" office.
It looks like a 1990's music video set.
Where's the fluorescent lighting and walls with crap all over them?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:45am

I found the video.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:46am
Oh yeah...THATS it!
In the original longer commercial  the actress...dancer..singer who ever the HECK she is looks upset when her agent tells her to whiten her smile... And in the end she says "good advice" then proceeds with that STUPID SNARKY SMIRK!!!!
EWWWW  I dont know who is more SLAPPABLE ..her or the agent!! The agent acts like she is the smartest thing since Einstein!Angry
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:45am
Is it me or does the actress in that ad look like Fran Drescher, especially at the end when she smiles at the camera?  I am expecting her to call out for Mistah Sheffield!  LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I can't deal with ads like this because these ladies ALREADY have white teeth! I don't have teeth that white and it's depressing that their teeth aren't considered white enough. I have to wonder what people think about MY teeth then.
I was really glad to see so many other folks sharing my opinion of these commercials. I personally find these new Crest 3D White Strips/Toothpaste ads particularly annoying. because they seem like utter overkill! In both cases, the girl whose teeth are supposedly not white enough has teeth that already look so white they could pass muster in any but the most extreme situtations, of which, by the way, I can't think of a single one except for making this commercial!

belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 11:31pm
I couldn't agree more with everyone - the lady's teeth were already impossibly white to begin with.  Second, I despise her ridiculous *wink* to the camera at the end, so corny.  Third, I hate the way the smug agent leans back and crosses her arms "See?  What did I tell you?"  Fourth, what is the agent being so smug about?  She tells her to lay off blueberry pie and coffee for a couple of weeks and actually believes that's going to WHITEN her smile?  It may stop staining them further, but it's not going to magically make them whiter, and if she honestly believed it would, she's an idiot.  Also, I'm with whoever else was saying it takes years for that stuff to stain your teeth, not two weeks.

About the wedding dress commercial -

I don't know about the rest of you, but 90% of my wedding pictures were either with my wedding dress stuffed in my mouth while I smiled, or holding the dress up next to my teeth, etc.  Which makes this ad completely realistic - why wouldn't she be comparing her wedding dress color to her tooth color?  I see no problem here. *rolls eyes*
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic