Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Items That Have Been Discontinued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Items That Have Been Discontinued
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 11:00pm
Post removed at user's request.
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 12:21am
Oh man there are so many foods I miss,  I've always been a bit obsessed with discontinued products.

High-C Ecto Cooler
Crystal Pepsi (yes, I liked it)
Surge
Various flavors of existing sodas and cereals that were limited editions
Taco bell trial items (cheese and beef quesadilla)
White chocolate Kit Kats and Twix
Vitamin Water's original lemon lime flavor that was "perform", not the new "charge" lemon lime one
Green Apple Ice Cool Kool Aid (I'm sitting on some 20 packets I hoarded when they started taking it away)

I used to not be able to find Koala Yummies but they are back as Koalas March, and I can now find Dunkaroos soully at Dollar General...

Oh and I really wanted to try Coke II but I guess it doesn't exist anymore? I'd settle for trying Coke made with cane sugar, I think that one may exist somewhere.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 1:37am
Nabisco Cheese Tidbits

Real cartoons on the Cartoon Network
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 1:58am

Here are a couple sites that MAY help  you hook up with some of your fave discontinued products:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE   Girls...you can get Body On Tap, Lemon Up and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific shampoos! 

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 2:04am
Pizzarias chips. Keebler made them in the early-90s in three flavors-Pepperoni, Supreme, and Cheese. To this day, I don't know why they stopped, but I still miss them. (sigh)

Also, Sun Flakes cereal.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 2:14am
Vault Zero (diet soda pop).
It was my all-time favourite, but it was discontinued just 7 to 8 months ago. Unhappy

suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Nabisco Cheese Tidbits

I loved Cartoon Network back in the late '90s through early 2000s, & always looked forward to Cartoon Cartoon Fridays.Smile
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 12:56pm
Cheddar Cheese Cracker flavored Combo's.

Which technically still exist but are endangered.

The closest ones to me, according to http://storefinder.mmmars.com/combos/combos.htm, are 55 miles away (at Mohegan Sun!)
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:11pm
Red Robin no longer has the kind of burger I loved.  It had a fried parmesan cheese patty on top of the burger patty, and was slathered in marinara sauce.  Last time I went there, they told me they no longer made it.  Thumbs%20Down  I am officially boycotting them because of this.

edit:  I just emailed their customer relations department about this.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:14pm
A Keebler cookie called "Penguins".  A chocolate sandwich cookie with chocolate cream in the middle covered in fudge chocolate.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

Post removed at user's request.

WOW 8Track - I swear, I thought I was losing my mind because NOBODY remembers PDQ Drink mix. Thanks for the sanity check. And yes, I do miss it.

Bonomo's Turkish Taffy.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Nabisco Cheese Tidbits

I loved Cartoon Network back in the late '90s through early 2000s, & always looked forward to Cartoon Cartoon Fridays.Smile

Ah yes, Saturday & Sunday morning ACME Hour, Scooby Doo, Flintstones, etc.

Classic shows on TV Land.
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 11:01pm
[QUOTE=Thor]Red Robin no longer has the kind of burger I loved.  It had a fried parmesan cheese patty on top of the burger patty, and was slathered in marinara sauce.  Last time I went there, they told me they no longer made it.  Thumbs%20Down  I am officially boycotting them because of this.

edit:  I just emailed their customer relations department about this.

Benigans has a burger like that.  I don't think it has marinara but  I am sure you could ask for it.  I tried it once and it was way toooo much.  I just ate it seperate, it was still mmm, mmm good.
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 11:32pm
I got some french toast cereal one time from K-Mart, you could taste the syrup and everything.  They have it now its like the cinnamon toast crunch, they changed it and now it sucks. Booooooo!  Oh, and the Haagan Das had chocolate cheesecake ice cream, wow that stuff was gooooood.  Of course it was for a limited time only.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 4:04am
Isn't Nestle Quick the current version of PDQ?

After all PDQ stands for Pretty "Durn" Quick.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 4:10am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

My Dad used to make his "famous" holiday eggnog using the PDQ "Eggnog" flavor mix.  I know PDQ used to come in strawberry, choc, and eggnog.  I think Nestle's Quick has been around on its own for decades.   The PDQ stuff had large, fast desolving crystals.  
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 4:42am
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

Benigans has a burger like that.  I don't think it has marinara but  I am sure you could ask for it.  I tried it once and it was way toooo much.  I just ate it seperate, it was still mmm, mmm good.

Alas and alack.  I checked the net...none in my area.  Doesn't matter, though; looks like they might've taken it off their menu. too.  The Bleu Cheese Burger sounds good, though!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 4:49am
C2 Coke & Pepsi Edge.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

My Dad used to make his "famous" holiday eggnog using the PDQ "Eggnog" flavor mix.  I know PDQ used to come in strawberry, choc, and eggnog.  I think Nestle's Quick has been around on its own for decades.   The PDQ stuff had large, fast desolving crystals.  

That stuff was awesome sprinkled over vanilla ice cream because it was crunchy.

I think we used it more as an ice cream topping than we did as a chocolate milk mix.

The one thing I didn't like about it as a chocolate milk mix was that not all the nuggets would disolve.

But it still made a damn good glass of chocolate milk.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 5:10am
In Mexican stores, you can get banana-flavored Nestles Quik.

IHaveStandards View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHaveStandards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 5:48am

Planters Cheez Balls

Beech-Nut Fruit Gum (white pack, I think...all sticks the same flavor)

Beech-Nut Fruit Stripe Gum (five different color/flavor sticks)

timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 7:36pm
PDQ was a competitor to Nestle Quik (now NesQuik).   How about Great Shakes, where you could make shakes at home.  My parents still have the old shaker cups.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 8:24pm
Anyone remember these things?

I used to eat them by the boxfull.

I wish YouTube had one of the later "action" commercials they used to air for these things that were meant to appeal to 10-12 year olds.

They showed these all American tow-headed boys playing sports & sliding into 2nd base or catching a pass etc., all to the tune of this "guitar rock" jingle that went....

Get on -

the stick!!

(twang twang)

Get on -

the stick!!

(twang-a-twang twang)

Get on, get on, get on -

the Space Food Stick!!!!

(twangity twang twang twang twang twang)

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 8:30pm
Plymouth Motor Company

I'm still ticked of at Chrysler for getting rid of them.Unhappy
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hafk View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

Vault Zero (diet soda pop).
It was my all-time favourite, but it was discontinued just 7 to 8 months ago. Unhappy

I have 2 unopened bottles of the stuff gathering dust in the back of my fridge. There is also a 3rd bottle with a sip of it taken out. I can't drink that vile stuff. I like the non-diet version, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic