Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 3:52am
UGH I'm getting tired of this ad series, I roll my eyes as soon here the familiar music playing. I've about had enough of Harry Potter.

They never want to stop advertising this ride they want to drill it in our heads that ride is coming this spring it is now SUMMERTIME and they still air this ad. Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 2:19pm
I stopped reading Harry Potter books when the first movie came out and it all just got too commercial. What a sellout/cop out!   

This ad has been airing nonstop since February.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 7:08pm
I stopped being interested in HP about the time I noticed the name being slapped on anything to get a sale.  The niche merchandising for the first two films was kinda fun (and well-done), but it soon felt overused and a bit tacky.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:42pm
I think its funny how fake and greenscreened Harry Potter is in this ad.  They might as well have shown the wires that are holding him up in the air in the studio! LOL
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 1:12am
How in the world are the kids in those ads able to sit on a broomstick without some kind of seat?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 4:42am
The local news channels are orgasming all over themselves with the opening day coverage.  The 3(?) year old chosen to be the official opener appeared to not even know what HP was...!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The local news channels are orgasming all over themselves with the opening day coverage.  The 3(?) year old chosen to be the official opener appeared to not even know what HP was...!

My local news did a feature on this, too.  Of course it was a puff piece...nothing more than an advertisement for Universal, disguised as news.  It included an interview with that kid who plays Harry Potter.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 10:40pm
ConfusedHere we are in 2016 and this commercial still is getting overplayed beyond belief. The background music drives me nuts and does everything BUT go there.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Keri07 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keri07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 8:30am
My step-daughter talked me into reading Harry Potter before the fourth book came out and I was impressed.  I loved the series and it was a nice way to bond with a kid with whom I was struggling to find a common ground.  So, I have no problem with the theme park.  It can be a great place for families to enjoy themselves across the generations.

My problem with the commercial?

It's going to be "more epic" ????

How about "most unique" or "very ironic?"

Let's celebrate a book series by a talented writer (yes, she has talent) by butchering the English language to advertise its theme park.

"More Epic" .... I cringe every time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic