Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" is in the works

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:51am
If all that's true, and if Palin was at the helm...well, I seem to recall someone pushing through some major reform a week ago that most Americans disapproved of, too.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And Ted Kennedy got drunk and killed a woman.  Yet the Dems loved him!
Senator Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK, yet the Dems love him!
Bill Clinton was boinkin' skanks, yet the Dems look upon him as a wise and wonderful statesman!

So, really...this hatred of Palin is just irrational, and proves my earlier point.

That is soooooooooooo weak!!!!

You picked one thing out of the past lives of three Democrats & held it up as a defacto reason to hate them, when in fact it was not.

Actually, I added a fourth.

FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:55am

Bill Clinton was boinkin' skanks, yet the Dems look upon him as a wise and wonderful statesman!

He was a great president and very smart. He is liked for that reason not because of HIS PERSONAL LIFE. I may have been like 10 when he was finally out of office but I've done research over the years on Clinton.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:05am

And Ted Kennedy got drunk and killed a woman.  Yet the Dems loved him!
Senator Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK, yet the Dems love him!

So, really...this hatred of Palin is just irrational, and proves my earlier point.

That is soooooooooooo weak!!!!

You picked one thing out of the past lives of three Democrats & held it up as a defacto reason to hate them, when in fact it was not.

People's hatred of Palin has nothing to do with any one single act or episode.

She is a disgusting person in every regard.

She's dumb, she's fake, she's inarticulate, she's intllerctually dishonest, she's a world-class hypocrite & she's nerve-gratingly annoying.

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:06am

If all that's true, and if Palin was at the helm...well, I seem to recall someone pushing through some major reform a week ago that most Americans disapproved of, too.

Well Thor, all I can say is that you also like Ann Coulter, so it's no surprise you'd like Palin.

Seems the more disgusting & reprehensible most people find someone, the more you like them.

Talk about irrational... I think your LIKING of these people is waaaayyyy more irrational than our hatred of them.

I think the true reason you like them is just because a group of people you're against DIS-likes them.

I doubt you really like much else about them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:07am
I didn't dislike Clinton politically.  In fact, I voted for him.  But, what's good for the gander...

Aha!  Now I get it.  Maybe the focus on Palin's family's transgressions is payback for the focus on Clinton's transgressions. 

Now I'm just waiting to hear---"But Clinton never pretended to be a family man!"

Oh wait...am I being sucked into yet another conversation with the Palin-obsessed?

Never mind.  LOL

Zzzzzzzzzz..

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:11am

Aha!  Now I get it.  Maybe the focus on Palin's family's transgressions is payback for the focus on Clinton's transgressions.

You just don't get it.

There are no ulterior motives for our hatred of Palin.

We hate her because she is a TURD.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:11am

I think the true reason you like them is just because a group of people you're against DIS-likes them.

I doubt you really like much else about them.

I was never a huge Palin fan.  Didn't hate her, didn't love her.  Now, Ann is another story.  She's brilliant.

But I will admit, I like how both of these women make liberals froth.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:21am

But I will admit, I like how both of these women make liberals froth.  LOL

Getting bitten by a rabid dog will make people froth too.

Do you like rabid dogs?

But speaking of frothing.... the two of them together don't come close to making liberals froth the way Obama makes conservatives froth.

Or the way the Clintons made them froth either for that matter.

There is no frothing like rabid right wing frothing.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 5:05am

There is no frothing like rabid right wing frothing.

Oh, c'mon.  We can't compare to you lefties.

LOL

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 5:48am
oh wow. I'm not even  on left or right. i'm just in the middle.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 5:51am
That's you with the peace signs and the inflated testicles??!  Shocked

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 5:54am
no haha. You were just posting pics and I thought you assumed that since I dislike palin that I'm on the left side.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:12pm
To be honest, I've never been fond of Clinton since Jr. High. i voted for him anyway when I was old enough to vote, but he always seemed sort of skeezy.
Ted Kennedy was probably young and stupid and drunk, and probably didn't intentionally murder that woman. I reckon he tried to make up for it in his career. No one is perfect and those other folks I don't know.
I can't say I HATE Palin, but she annoys me! What the heck is up with her killing these predators like that? You're not going to make more moose and caribou, but screw up the whole entire ecosystem! Doesn't she care about that? Alaska wins at nature and all of that natural beauty and she and these other nutwits have to go and mess it up. Even Teddy Roosevelt learned not to do that.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 1:51pm

Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

I mean...really!  Petition the Discovery Channel??!  I can see people wanting her to fail politically, but wanting her to fail on TV??  That sort of vengeance is just bizarre. 

Sort of like the people who cheered when Air America went out of business and those people lost their jobs.

Oh... wait... that was you. Nevermind.

Wow.  Enlighten me as to the right-wing petition that was going around to get Air America off the radio.

Palin can fail all she wants on TV.  I don't care.  But let her show fail because it sucks---just like Air America did---and not because of some petition thing.

You cheered on THIS FORUM when AA went out of business and people lost their jobs (and not just the on-air personalities, regular production people with families to feed too) which is the same thing, petitions or not. You were happy they failed on radio.

You are so damn hypocritical its almost funny.

Almost.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 2:30pm
Please find that for me.  I assume this is the thread you're talking about:

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:07pm
I don't disbelieve people when they say that hunting can balance the population of an animal, and the population of the animals that THOSE animals hunt, and so on. It's just that I never, EVER trust the idea that hunters are going to STOP at that (some of them, sure, but that's it). It's like stopping at one peanut! So whenever I hear that thrown into things as a reason for hunting, I'm automatically suspicious. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 11:53pm

That's you with the peace signs and the inflated testicles??!  Shocked

Bet he could use some FloMax.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by PaparaziBrandon PaparaziBrandon wrote:

He was a great president and very smart. He is liked for that reason not because of HIS PERSONAL LIFE. 
TLC could have done just as interesting series as Palin's Alaska.
"Clinton's Oral Oval Office"
Learning topics could include but not limited to: How To Remove Tuff Stains/ Knee pad reviews/How to keep the underside of desks nice & tidy.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 12:44am
Sarah Palin embodies all that is wrong with America.  I still have no freaking idea how she became governor.  Had to be blackmailing or bee-jayin' someone.  And NO ONE from Alaska talks like her.  She has somehow conglomerated all the most annoying dialects in America into one craptastically horrible headache-inducing amalgam.  Laryngitis, please strike this shrew in a permanent fashion.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

TLC could have done just as interesting series as Palin's Alaska.
"Clinton's Oral Oval Office"
Learning topics could include but not limited to: How To Remove Tuff Stains/ Knee pad reviews/How to keep the underside of desks nice & tidy.

Obviously it wouldn't have done too well. The stains I heard about were never removed, and I don't know about the desk but the Oval Office assistant's sink was used for "cleanup" more than once.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 3:48am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Sarah Palin embodies all that is wrong with America.  I still have no freaking idea how she became governor.  Had to be blackmailing or bee-jayin' someone.  And NO ONE from Alaska talks like her.  She has somehow conglomerated all the most annoying dialects in America into one craptastically horrible headache-inducing amalgam.  Laryngitis, please strike this shrew in a permanent fashion.

BAM!!!!! Right on the head. LOL

'Nuff said. Wink 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

You cheered on THIS FORUM when AA went out of business and people lost their jobs (and not just the on-air personalities, regular production people with families to feed too) which is the same thing, petitions or not. You were happy they failed on radio.

You are so damn hypocritical its almost funny.

Almost.

Please find that for me.  I assume this is the thread you're talking about:

Still waiting.

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 3:07am
(long rant ahead)

I don't hate anybody, but Sarah is making her way to that list. She displayed her sheer ignorance during the 2008 VP debates...wait, before that actually; her interview with Katie Couric. And let's face it, she's a good journalist, but I don't necessarily equate Katie Couric with hard interviewer. When she exposes you, there's a problem.

I find Palin to be an ignorant, narrow-minded fool who insists on dropping her two cents on every political issue out there, especially issues pertaining to Barack Obama and/or the Democratic party. Speaking of, someone needs to tell her it's no longer November 2008, and to get over the sour grapes. Her act of disagreeing with every single thing President Obama does or says has gotten beyond obnoxious. I swear, if he said the sky is blue, she'd disagree on that as well. I wasn't a Dubya fan, esp. the last two years of his administration, but I did at least kept an open mind to some of his policies. And while I understand your commitment to Trig's Down Syndrome, you are not the spokesperson for children with disabilities, and we don't need to hear your condescending speeches as to why "retarded" is not the right word to use (my thoughts on that one in another thread), or why we should be more sensitive to special needs children. I won't argue that there should be more recognition for that category of children, but if you're so concerned for Trig, sit down, shut up, and take care of him. For someone so concerned about staying out of the media spotlight, you sure do love spewing your hot air.

Sit down, Sarah. You make Dubya look like a Rhodes scholar.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 4:54am
You mean Bill Clinton didn't have a mix of all accents?
Coffee- The new opiate of the people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic