Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paula Deen - Smithfield Ham (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paula Deen - Smithfield Ham (video)
    Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 6:15pm
"HEY Y'ALL!!!

Just when it seemed safe to turn up the volume...doncha know - a brand-spankin' new Paula Deen commercial comes on, which, of course, sends one into what can best be described as full-blown, severe 'Tourette Syndrome' with rapid artery clogging.
At least, should I hear that drawl in public, I would apologize and use that excuse, rather than ask if everyone in the room is affected in the same manner as myself - just by the sound of her voice...  

The NEW commercial isn't available on YOUTUBE, yet...but I found this magnificent old one that starts out exactly the same.

A true 'brown bag 3-gagger'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 3:27pm

Just watching her show hardens my arteries. If I had to guess, I'd say her cholesterol was in the 300s. Just like her weight.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:16am
She has such a nice cheerful smile. And her accent is cracking me up. I can't even spell how she says ham.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:14am
Hay'im, is as close as I can get.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:16am
LOL She pronounces it like it has two syllables.

Now I want a hayam sandwich.
Without hurting me,
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

"Hayam" looks like some sort of Kosher ham.  LOL

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 1:37am
You all saw the news piece around the holidays when a volunteer accidently hit her in the face with one of her "hayams."  I shouldn't have laughed but "dern it," it was funny. Her drawl is so thick that it sounds fake, but I'm pretty sure it is real.  Some people like it but I think it is awful.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

"Hayam" looks like some sort of Kosher ham.  LOL

Kosher ham! LOL! LOL
Without hurting me,
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 4:16am
New game: take a drink every time Paula Deen says "y'all".
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Honey, my liver would explode! LOL

RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Even I couldn't keep up with that game.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Just watching her show hardens my arteries. If I had to guess, I'd say her cholesterol was in the 300s. Just like her weight.

You never know. I eat total garbage, could care less about losing weight (I am around 320) and my cholesterol is consistantly around 150. My wife on the other hand weighs about 115 lbs, eats organic and never has fast food- her cholesterol is above 200 no matter what she does.

However, I do believe Paula Dean may be the first person to ever deep-fry a stick of butter for dessert.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>However, I do believe Paula Dean may be the first person to ever deep-fry a stick of butter for dessert.</DIV>[/QUOTE RichardCranium

However, I do believe Paula Dean may be the first person to ever deep-fry a stick of butter for dessert.
[/QUOTE wrote:

And she has GOT to own stock in Hellmann's mayonaise. She has a heavy hand when it comes to the mayo and

And she has GOT to own stock in Hellmann's mayonaise. She has a heavy hand when it comes to the mayo and butter.

timcooper62 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcooper62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"HEY Y'ALL!!!

Just when it seemed safe to turn up the volume...doncha know - a brand-spankin' new Paula Deen commercial comes on, which, of course, sends one into what can best be described as full-blown, severe 'Tourette Syndrome' with rapid artery clogging.
At least, should I hear that drawl in public, I would apologize and use that excuse, rather than ask if everyone in the room is affected in the same manner as myself - just by the sound of her voice...  

The NEW commercial isn't available on YOUTUBE, yet...but I found this magnificent old one that starts out exactly the same.

A true 'brown bag 3-gagger'.

OK PA...You rode my ass about not liking the Chicago accent. Shocked  I will agree that Paula Deen is VERY southern though.  The food in her restaurant "The Lady and Sons" is excellent.
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 11:43pm
glad ive never seen this abomination, but smithfield has awesome ham
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:55pm
I can only imagine what sort of things she will stuff in her "hai-yam" sandwich. DeadDead
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 7:56pm
What's up with her bein the voice of Philly Cream Cheese? that don't fit at all.
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 9:17am
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by MrButler MrButler wrote:

What's up with her bein the voice of Philly Cream Cheese? that don't fit at all.

She's the poster lady for fatty flavor.

It started with butter.
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 4:05am
HAYAM!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:02am
Remember when she got hit in the face with that ham?  "HAYAM COMING ATCHA PAULA!" Embarrassed
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 5:59am
Hey-am ah caypable of cookin anythang without lowds of butter own it?
jerseygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 7:30pm
Here's the latest abomination

"Love that summah spaah-rul" Pinch  Even my 4 year old can't stand this one
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 7:53pm
Paula Deen really loves her butter and All. (It's Oil, but she says that she cooks with "All").
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 7:58pm
That accent seems a tad exaggerated...as if it's become part of her schtick and so she's amped it up a notch or three.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic