Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is an Actor portrayal Really?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is an Actor portrayal Really?
    Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:13am

Ermm The new SHARP AQUOS LCD TV commercial using George Taekai (aka Mr. Sulu) and at the bottom of the screen it says"Actor Portrayal" REALLY?

He is also the Wealthy Japanese industrialist dad on HEROS DUH!!!!!,

ya think if they put Ronald Regan on there they would have said "Actor portrayal"??
We've stopped Chris Berman's douche-y whoop, we've stopped the Velvetta "LIQUID GOOOOOOOOLD" a$$hole, now we have to stop the Beady-eyed nasal voiced Paxson chic!
Sponsored Links

LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:54am
Originally posted by mttyflynn mttyflynn wrote:

Ermm The new SHARP AQUOS LCD TV commercial using George Taekai (aka Mr. Sulu) and at the bottom of the screen it says"Actor Portrayal" REALLY?

ya think if they put Ronald Regan on there they would have said "Actor portrayal"??

Is that the one where he talks about how there is a 4th color added. Thought he looked familiar.

Don't mind the commercial too much, except when he looks at the fish on the screen, is it me or doesn't he seem to be a bit too excited about it? Either that or he just had a flashback when he crashed through Brick walls.
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 8:18am
I kinda like it he is supposed to be acting over joyed..I prefer this to those damn Thats a low price commercial.
level10skank View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote level10skank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 2:40pm
You want yellow?  Try this - rgb(255,255,0)!
Is my understanding of colors wrong or is yellow already accounted for with the rgb color system?

Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:32am
I was thinking the same thing..i see yellow on the  fish in the ad so what am I missing?
This is a case of ok I like the actor but dont get the product i already see yellow thanks.
pickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:49pm
I wonder if he would see yellow when I beat his brains out with a club?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 4:15pm
sometimes sarcasm just flies higher than one can reach...
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by mttyflynn mttyflynn wrote:

It would have said: "Not much of an actor portrayal".
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic