Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it just me, or is Adult Swim run by toddlers?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it just me, or is Adult Swim run by toddlers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it just me, or is Adult Swim run by toddlers?
    Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 9:00pm
Yeah thats right. Anyone remember when Adult Swim was good? Yeah, now it sucks. What happened to AS? They were on a low budget and had to make drastic cuts by hiring pre-school children? It's Like this:
AS CEO: OK 4 year olds you are hired
Employee: What?
AS CEO: Yes, we are on a low budget! (CEO drives his ferrari with a bunch of hookers)
With the new crappy shows they are showing like "Freaknik" and "12 once mouse" and "Tim and Eric Awesome (Crappy) show" it is clear Adult Swim is run by pre-school children.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Sponsored Links

bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 12:14am
I stopped watching whern they took Aqua Teen HungerForce off the air.  
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 12:22am
Originally posted by bunnyhead bunnyhead wrote:

I stopped watching when they took Aqua Teen HungerForce off the air.  

OH HELL NO THEY CANCELED ATHF!!!??? I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!

they didn't cancel it it was on today.

Censored you Adult Swim go and take your"Freaknik" business somewhere else!!!

I saw Freaknik a couple days ago, I couldn't stand a minute of it SO STUPID!!!!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:18pm
Perfect Hair Forever
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:56pm
WHA???Confused
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 12:41am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Perfect Hair Forever

what do you mean by that?
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 8:56am
it is one of the adult swim cartoons.
Basically the guys at Williams St. (the production house behind A. S.) put all the cliches and stereetypes and bad english translations along with absurdism in one cartoon about a boy with a bad comb over who seeks wisdom from his perverted hamburger loving grandpafather. It is weird.

But funny.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 8:58am
Oh and Venture Bros. and Metalocalypse are pretty much all I watch on there anymore.
Two amazing shows.
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 9:03am
I stopped watching Adult Swim about two years ago since it was fully taken over by idiotic frat boy humor shows. The only shows I could stand watching was some of the anime and venture bros.
Auphrette View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auphrette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 6:34pm
It's not just you.

Back when they started up the sarcastic humor in the "bumps" and generally low budget look of things was funny in a way.  Nowadays, though, they just look like they hate half their viewers and have developed some sort of elitism over their crappy low budget shows.

I'm sick and tired of having my eyes and ears assaulted by Tim and Eric commercials.  Squidbillies is insultingly stupid.  Freaknik was pimped to death and made me hate it without even seeing it because I couldn't go through a commercial break without having it mashed into my face.  ( And I don't want to hear about how great some people believed it to be.  I don't respond to "WATCH THIS!  WATCH THIS NOW!  WATCH IT!" advertising. )
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by bunnyhead bunnyhead wrote:

I stopped watching when they took Aqua Teen HungerForce off the air.  

OH HELL NO THEY CANCELED ATHF!!!??? I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!

they didn't cancel it it was on today.

This means that my cry DVR IS NOT recording it anymore automatically.  I must look into this immediately!!Shocked
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by momo momo wrote:

I stopped watching Adult Swim about two years ago since it was fully taken over by idiotic frat boy humor shows. The only shows I could stand watching was some of the anime and venture bros.

Isn't that about the time it got in trouble for planting fake bombs around Boston as part of some promotional campaign?

level10skank View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote level10skank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:06pm
They were Lite-Brites of characters from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and people thought Osama Bin Laden had taken over the white house.  You will likely not respond favorably to the following "article" that pokes fun at people who took it the wrong way.  Such is life:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/ATHF_Terrorist_Attack
The public reaction induced much eye-rolling on my part.  I guess I might have a different opinion of the subject if I wasn't an avid ATHF fan.
Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 9:23pm
This what I watch A.S. for
ATHF
American Dad
Family guy
Robot Chicken
Titan maximum
Metalapocalyse
Squidbillies
Venture Bros.
and that's it the rest could care less about.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:43pm
Metalapocalyse is good
I like that show, but I can never spell it.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:24am
Originally posted by level10skank level10skank wrote:

They were Lite-Brites of characters from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and people thought Osama Bin Laden had taken over the white house.  You will likely not respond favorably to the following "article" that pokes fun at people who took it the wrong way.  Such is life:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/ATHF_Terrorist_Attack
The public reaction induced much eye-rolling on my part.  I guess I might have a different opinion of the subject if I wasn't an avid ATHF fan.

That was mainly those morons in Boston that panicked. Funny thing is those things were posted all over Portland and we hardly noticed. Guerrilla art is the norm here so we probably just figured it was some art student's project

Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:56am
As a Boston resident I apologize for the morons (we're not all like that, I promise!).  Far as I recall we were the ONLY city where there was any sort of reaction whatsoever.  I thought it was a neat advertising idea, and was highly disappointed at not getting the chance to see it in the wild before they were torn down.
No_Seriously View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No_Seriously Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 4:44am
So it's not just me, then? I started to lose patience with Adult Swim when they started including more programming that featured live actors and NO ANIMATION. Tim & Eric, The Mighty Boosh, Saul of the Mole Men, Pee Wee's Playhouse (which, thankfully, didn't last very long) The Office and whatever that other weird English import was a while back. I don't want to see green screen effects, I don't want to see guys in drag, and I fershur don't want to see live people when I'm watching CARTOON network in the middle of the night. I've slept through a lot of those programs.

I made sure to be doing something more fun, like cleaning the litterbox, when Freaknik was on the first time.

There's something about Squidbillies that I like. The grandmother's lines are usually so random and bizarre; she's become one of my favorite AS characters.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:07pm
I have three ideas that Adult Swim SHOULD add to their station....

"Craptastic Movie Show" which is a 2 1/2 TV Show that shows bad movies and sketches in between.

Something like this...

And this...

(This would be in between the film).

"Badly-Drawn Show" which is going to be either a 1/4 hour show or 1/2 hour show and it's badly drawn!

And finally..."Everything Happens in Bertstown". A show which will be Adult Swim's answer to "The Simpsons". It features a down on its luck guy named James Paul Warner and it also follows a few old Hanna-Barbera shows like one episode is an offshoot of the "Laff-a-Lympics" and there's even a wolf called Loopy de Loop which I thought of recreating for the show.

Loopy de Loop was created by Hanna-Barbers themselves and he's a French-Canadian Wolf (A Triple Whammy there since French, Canadians, and Wolves are shunned) who tries to do good and has a heart of gold that he wants people to proove that he's not as bad as people think, but no one understands him.

I'll be using some of what Loopy is and a little more...I thought of him as a Liberal Vegan who's a fan of the Quebec Nordquines and can't handle even a small amount of booze!

BTW-This is Loopy de Loop....

And if they don't want me to use Loopy...then there's always Fan Fiction!

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:19pm
In the beginning it had a lot of good stuff like anime, Sealab2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Futurama reruns. Sadly once Futurama and Sealab2021 were gone, ATHF turned to sh*t after the movie, and anime became virtually non-existant it was done for. The live action shows are all crap and most of the current cartoons look like they were made with a budget consisting of whatever the animators found in the cracks of their sofa. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 4:37pm
I only watch one show on Adult Swim - Robot Chicken. The rest of it is all crap to me.

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying so but Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of the STOOPIDEST shows on TV today. I sat and watched a few episodes and all I could think was "People actually LIKE this crap?" I lost valuable brain cells watching it. Guess I'd have to be a frat boy or a stoner to enjoy it.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 11:09pm
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 1:39pm
I'm even more mad about the ASMB (Adult Swim Message Board) still since they said I can't access the site since they said I suggested a shock site...and I didn't even mean to!

I would e-mail them, but It looks like I've been permabanned!

So ASMB...f**k YOU, f**k YOUR WEBSITE, AND f**k YOUR STATION FOR SELLING OUT!Angry
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 3:11pm
Maybe I shouldn't pre-judge, but I got really tired of Adult Swim doing so MANY Hanna-Barbera parodies. It wasn't so much the individual shows as the number of them. (One thing that makes Venture Brothers an exception is that it's such a LOOSE Johnny Quest parody, which sets it apart from most of the ones that use the actual characters.)
 I asked this once on IMDB, but since they're so preoccupied with adult shows taken from Hanna-Barbera, and since they don't shy away from reruns, why didn't they try to get hold of adult shows mady by Hanna-Barbera, like "Wait Til Your Father Gets Home"? (Or have they ever tried to? - I don't know.)
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 5:24pm
Wait Til Your Father Gets Home was on CN in the 90s and was last seen on  Boomerang a couple years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic