Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shows you can't stand to watch?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And I liked that show.

All I can say to that is...... ewwwwwww!!!

Confused Sick

The only good thing to come out of Friends....

The rest of that bunch was just hideous.

Yuck.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:46pm
Heart Jennifer.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:57pm
Nice tie.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:59pm

Heart Jennifer.

Saw her in the movie, 'Horrible Bosses".....she was a hoot as a nasty, oversexed dentist that harrassed her male assistant.  I really couldn't understand why he was upset.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Nice tie.

Shoulda gone with a string tie.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:47pm
She gave that very same tie to David Letterman when she appeared on his show, right after that photo appeared on the cover of GQ magazine.

I think he wore it the next night.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 8:26pm
Serval87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serval87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by MTVsux MTVsux wrote:

Anything that currently airs on the Disney Channel

This!
Darkness follows as the siren sings.
PESFIFAFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PESFIFAFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 2:15pm
Shows that i can't stand to watch:
  1. Courage the cowardly dog (John R. Dilworth must die!)
  2. Adventure Time (HTF is stupid Pendleton Ward?!??!?)
  3. The Proud Family (It has nothing of proud.)
  4. Spongebob (Initially i liked it...)
  5. Big Brother (I hate it!!!!)
  6. Dancing with the stars (Angry)
I didn't finish... Angry So, have you to reply me?!
I Love The Amazing World of Gumball! I Hate Adventure Time and Courage the Cowardly dog! Probelms, Officer?
PESFIFAFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PESFIFAFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 2:17pm
Oops, i forgot Regular show!
I Love The Amazing World of Gumball! I Hate Adventure Time and Courage the Cowardly dog! Probelms, Officer?
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 11:40pm
David Letterman, after hearing about how he beds all his interns {{{shudder}}}

Although I have stopped watching him since entering the real world and not staying up late anymore. When he was relevant, I adored him. Not for over a decade and a half, though.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 12:10am
Living alone. I don't have to watch anything I don't want to.  But sometimes, I've found myself being assaulted by this new daytime talk show---The Jeremy Kyle Show.

It's awful.  Lotta paternity and cheating and abuse issues among some really trashy people.  Lotsa screaming at each other.  Even the host screams at his guests.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

David Letterman, after hearing about how he beds all his interns {{{shudder}}}

Shocked And the number 1 Top Ten Reasons for being a talk show host is......
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:30am

Living alone. I don't have to watch anything I don't want to.  But sometimes, I've found myself being assaulted by this new daytime talk show---The Jeremy Kyle Show.

It's awful.  Lotta paternity and cheating and abuse issues among some really trashy people.  Lotsa screaming at each other.  Even the host screams at his guests.

ConfusedNever heard of the guy, but it souinds like you are describing 'The Maury Show for White People'.  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

Sorry Dude, I know you said "no sports", but with the exception of SOME, not all, Olympic events, and a very tiny few others, sports is and always has been at the very top of my personal list of TV shows to avoid like the Black Death. Dead

I've always liked sports because I don't understand it, which can make it a kind of pleasant "background noise." I only hate it when - and I've carried on about this on other threads - the commentators make sure to remind me how many trillion dollars some athlete makes. Not because I hate money, but because I love money, making the subject of someone else's money a g---d----- creepy subject! So that's the one thing that can ruin the "background noise" feeling.

I also like those Spanish soap operas someone mentioned, partly because I don't understand Spanish. TV in a language I don't understand can give me hope that they're saying something interesting, and that they're using some kind of a vocabulary! (I seldom get that from English-speaking TV!)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedNever heard of the guy, but it souinds like you are describing 'The Maury Show for White People'.  

The guy's British.  The guests are mostly black---at least from what I've seen of the show.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:44am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The guy's British.  The guests are mostly black---at least from what I've seen of the show.

So the peeps are showing up and acting out for a few bucks and the ability to go home to family and friends and brag about how they got a pocket full of cash and free room and board for a day, just to be fools on T.V. with a white-bread Brit illegal alien host who thought they were serious.
Wonderful.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:59pm

Seems he had a popular show in England before he came to the US, Pa.

Here's the English version.  You can hear the sound of a guest's nose breaking at 19 seconds.

Here's the US version.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:54pm
Any show with Simon Cowell.
EugenesAxe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EugenesAxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:10am
No order...
1. Big Bang Theory
2. G4 TV (Lost it's Tech TV touch, now it's a low-grade Spike TV)
3. Almost every channel I used to like I now hate since everything is now leaning on Reality Television for ratings.
4. oh...and Family Guy (started off good (especially during the Larry and Steve days), but now the writing is way oversimplified and tries to hard to be in-your-face)

all I could think of at the moment
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 4:47am
EugenesAxe? Are you a fan of early Pink Floyd stuff?  (I don't know it as well as I'd like to, but I do recognize that name.)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 4:57am
Any 'adult cartoon' aside from Beavis & Butthead (which I can only tolerate when I'm in the proper frame of mindlessness)
EugenesAxe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EugenesAxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Grant Grant wrote:

EugenesAxe? Are you a fan of early Pink Floyd stuff?  (I don't know it as well as I'd like to, but I do recognize that name.)

Why yes I am,    Ummagumma is one of those albums I like just because it was pretty oddballish/out there, One of my favourite album covers too. Chose the name because I drifted off to it a couple nights ago, and that was all I could come up with that stuck at the moment.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 7:13pm
I wholeheartedly agree on the Family Guy statement. It used to be an excellent show, with plenty of genuine humor and good jokes. Now it's all...well, I'll break it down.

1. 60% cutaway gags that usually have nothing to do with the situation.
2. 20% incredibly crude humor that adds nothing and has no purpose aside from shock value.
3. 10% Seth MacFarlane's personal political opinions being spouted by the characters.
4. 5% useless pop culture references.
5. 5% actual, genuine humor.

I'll still watch it if there's nothing else to watch, because it's at least better than The Simpsons.

I've also got some new shows which I can't stand to watch.

Allen Gregory - I really don't understand why this show is supposed to be funny. I mean, I'm not a homophobe or anything, but it seems to me that this show is just trying to reiterate that gay couples can raise kids. Tons of annoying characters, a nonsensical story, and it's just not funny.

Glee - Did I already mention Glee? Oh, I did? This show makes me want to bash my head into a wall until I die.

New Adventures of Old Christine - My local Fox channel runs this show in syndication in the middle of the night, and MAN, has it gotten annoying. At first, it wasn't so bad. But now that they've run the same episodes over and over, I've realized...none of these characters are likeable whatsoever. The show just gets incredibly annoying.
CyberFox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:18am
If you mean the show i wish should burn in hell
I have a big list of that but if i hazard to pick, here we go
The list of most of the shows i totally despise
- Total Drama (ever single incarnation especially the upcoming "Total Drama: Revenge of the Island")
- Dan Vs.
- History Channel Specials that deal with cringeful Doomsday theories and 2012
- Life After People
- Mediocre CBS Sitcoms (including "How I Met Your Mother")
- American Idol
- Fringe (A Cop show with mindf**k in a form of meddling with the time space continuum)
- Johnny Test
- Atomic Betty
- COPS
- Cheaters
^^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic