Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zombie Children staring at cars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zombie Children staring at cars
    Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:20pm
I just have to get this out because ALL car commercials begin to look the same to me...but within the last year or two I have seen probably 3 different commercials with children playing and then stopping what they are doing and stare wide eyed with their mouths open over some stupid car!! Kids under the age of 11 don't give a crap what car you drive as long as the dumb thing runs and you take them to where ever they have to go!!!
Now...maybe...they can show  16 or 17 year olds standing around staring at cars looking stupified because by then if they don't like your car they are more vocal.."EWWWW I DONT WANT MY FRIENDS TO SEE ME IN THAT  OLD 1999 HONDA!!!" and of course my response is your butt can either walk or take the bus!! (Been there done that with my teenager!)
Anyway...MAJOR HATE FOR THE ZOMBIE/STEPFORD KIDS!Angry
Sponsored Links

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 3:23am
The most recent of these ads features a minivan, doesn't it? Come on, automakers. You can try all you like to convince us otherwise, but minivans are not cool. They never have been and they never will be. 
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:10am
Maybe if they had flames on the side.
And Dir en grey was in one...
Or if a person had a sexy party in a mini van with scantily clad people drinking Cristal and shouting a lot.

Or not.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
sandy345 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:55pm
The kids are particularly ugly looking too.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:28pm
They all nees to be beaten within an inch of their lives for caring about a car. Of course, I'm of the opinion children need to beaten on general principle, so my views may be a slight bit biased.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Of course, I'm of the opinion children need to beaten on general principle...

Once a day, whether they deserve it or not.  That way, they know who's boss.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:14pm
Come on Thor- you know they always deserve it. We were kids- how much sh*t did we get away with? They've always done something you don't know about, so you beat the snot out of them and if they get all lippy asking what it was for, you just look at them all stern and say, "You seriously didn't think I would find out, did you? You better re-think which of your so-called 'friends' you think you can trust!"

That serves two purposes:
1) They will begin to believe they can't get away with anything
2) You can drive a wedge between them and any undesirable elements they might be hanging around
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:23pm
All kidding aside, I think kids should know what spanking feels like, and that it's within the realm of possibilities, rather than some esoteric concept.  Some kids need fewer "reminders", some need more. 

And none of these other idle threats that so many parents nowadays are so fond of.  People think they're being kind by issuing wimpy little threats they have no intentions of implementing, but all they're doing is confusing the kid in regards to who's in charge.

Parent says:  "Madison/Conner, clean your room or we're going to cancel our trip to Disneyland."
Madison/Conner thinks:  "Yeah right.  Like that's gonna happen."

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:40pm
I agree. You don't even have to actually hit your kid. Just the fact that they know the threat is there can be effective. I was never hit growing up, yet somehow I still knew the threat of getting physically punished, and all it took was for my dad to put one finger on his belt buckle to get me to shut up.

But you can't do that either. You have to treat your kid they're the kid out of the mind control child Twilight Zone Episode and if you don't coddle them they'll turn you into a jack-in-the-box, you know after they've gotten addicted to heroin, starting butchering pigeons and gotten a lucrative career at Applebees.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 5:04pm
Who's kidding?

Aside from the periodic ass whupping (open hand only, I admit- I'm an old softy), he has seen things disappear. One time he slammed his door in a fit of rage somewhere around the age of two, maybe three- he just got the door back last summer (he is five now). One time his response to "Clean up your room or everything goes" was "NO!" and not just a normal "No" but a temper tantrum "No". This was rewarded by a room devoid of anything save for his bed and his clothes. He had to earn each toy, game, book etc. back piece by piece one day at a time. This was useful for discovering toys and games where damaged/missing pieces beyond repair made discarding inevitable. I reccommend this to all parents at least once a year, you know they will have a meltdown that warrents it, and its a wonderful cleaning tool.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

You have to treat your kid they're the kid out of the mind control child Twilight Zone Episode

Perfect.  LOL

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Who's kidding?

Aside from the periodic ass whupping (open hand only, I admit- I'm an old softy), he has seen things disappear. One time he slammed his door in a fit of rage somewhere around the age of two, maybe three- he just got the door back last summer (he is five now). One time his response to "Clean up your room or everything goes" was "NO!" and not just a normal "No" but a temper tantrum "No". This was rewarded by a room devoid of anything save for his bed and his clothes. He had to earn each toy, game, book etc. back piece by piece one day at a time. This was useful for discovering toys and games where damaged/missing pieces beyond repair made discarding inevitable. I reccommend this to all parents at least once a year, you know they will have a meltdown that warrents it, and its a wonderful cleaning tool.

I think my parents tried all that and it just pissed my sister off more..though we're talking about a teenager not a 5 year old, though she did act like one :)

I'll have to give that a try should my wife and I ever finally decide to have a little snot, er I mean, child of our own.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:39pm
Does anybody know how many points Zombie Children are worth in GTA...?  LOL
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:30am

Being zombies over cars is one of those things hardly any adult can get mad at kids for. It's like that anti-drug PSA -  "From you!! I learned it from you!!"

Adult have spent a hundred years now being zombies over cars (women as well as men, in spite of all the "Venus and Mars" stuff I hear). It's probably somewhere in the genes now.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:48am
Confused'Zombie ANYTHING staring at cars'...? Can you say Deer in the Headlights
First thing that comes to mind is the apparent 'motto' the live & die by:
"I'm not only a zombie - I'm a statistic"...of 'Ro(a/i)d Rage' 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic