Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Boost Mobile - airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macpic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boost Mobile - airport
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:17pm
The first part with the kid, up until, "I have a coloring book" was cute (OK ... so I'm not fond of children, so the idea of putting one ion the cargo hold like a caged animal is, well .... )

Anyhoo.

Then the baggage handlers come in and have to talk. WTF? Why the weird accents? "Is that a talking dog?"

Very annoying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCR97weqHQY

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:21pm

I've already made a thread on this but the search function leads to nothing.

I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL

I hate the accents too, very annoying "Is that the talking dog?" No you idiot that's a kid in a pet carrier can't you tell the difference?!

I especially want to punch the #%*^ out the stupid idiot who mentions the price of Boost Mobile and what you can save your money on. (The guy on the right, I want to punch his face.)
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
macpic70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macpic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:28pm
Yeah ... looked for it and didn't see it. PLus, figured it was so new and likely very hated, it would be at the top of the posts. Sorry for double posting.
Skil-Krane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skil-Krane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 1:44am
ha ha haa....and my daughter thinks I'm crazy! I thought I was the only one who thought this commercial was so stupid! Actually I like the commercial because that guy with the accent looks so sincere and has such a Dumb Stupid look on his face, he actually thinks that kid is a Talking dog! The other guy just seems to be a Computer nerd with Big teeth..They both have big teeth!! Whats up with that?...  ha HAHAA.....d@MN..
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:12pm
They sure look like they could eat the f*ck out of some corn on the cob.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 2:07pm
I like the line:

"His teeth are so buck, he can eat corn-on-the-cob through Venetian blinds."

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 2:35pm
They could always get a job at Yankee stadium opening beer bottles.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:16pm
Alas, no more glass beer bottles at baseball parks...
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:54pm
This ad is really stupid. Those guys with the accents are bad actors because they sound so wooden and fake, as if they are reading from cue cards.

BTW, why doesn't anyone call Child Services on the stupid mother? Does she really think that saving a few bucks is more important than her son's life?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

This ad is really stupid. Those guys with the accents are bad actors because they sound so wooden and fake, as if they are reading from cue cards.

BTW, why doesn't anyone call Child Services on the stupid mother? Does she really think that saving a few bucks is more important than her son's life?

Well said and I agree!Clap
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I've already made a thread on this but the search function leads to nothing.

I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL

I hate the accents too, very annoying "Is that the talking dog?" No you idiot that's a kid in a pet carrier can't you tell the difference?!

I especially want to punch the #%*^ out the stupid idiot who mentions the price of Boost Mobile and what you can save your money on. (The guy on the right, I want to punch his face.)
Me too!
Julie
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 3:15am
Yeah that accent is a little distracting, and that guy with the luggage rack sounds so stiff.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 3:54am
I think they're all supposed to be odd and wooden.  Kinda like that Wrightnow family in the NetFlix commercials.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Well said and I agree!Clap

The kid does say he has a coloring book.Wink
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 11:46pm

Yeah, I know it's just a stupid commercial, but besides all of the other things mentioned, a minor detail I observed, is that they resemble moving men more than airline employees.  Neither of the baggage handlers has an I.D. badge on, yet they are loading cargo and baggage into an area to go on the aircraft. Maybe in addition to child protective services, the TSA needs to get involved.  Wink 

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 3:18am
Maybe they were the baggage handlers from Trading Places?
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:25pm

If I saw these two as baggage handlers I'd get a ticket for another airline.  Any one.  Even if it was Jo-Bob's Airlines & Waffle Hut.

Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 5:16am
The guy on the left (who talks first of the two) reminded me of the retarded guy on L.A. Law. (was his name, Lenny?) Anyway, I can totally picture this guy in a huge sweatervest.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Kirbybeast! Kirbybeast! wrote:

The guy on the left (who talks first of the two) reminded me of the retarded guy on L.A. Law. (was his name, Lenny?) Anyway, I can totally picture this guy in a huge sweatervest.

He reminds me of a bad impersonation of John Candy's character in Vacation.

Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 7:33pm
Considering I worked in conjunction with Children Services in my state for a few years, this ad makes me sick, because it takes me back to cases where kids actually WERE locked in cages.  Boost Mobile can suck it for this commercial.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic