Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Egglands Best YUUUUUMMM!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egglands Best YUUUUUMMM!!!
    Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 3:10pm

^  I think people go for "free-range" (whatever that might mean) more out of interest in the treatment of the animals than because of flavor.

Sponsored Links

Annageckos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annageckos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:46pm
Different eggs can taste different. Though you aren't going to get that from a store shelf. Also, brown, white, blue or green (yes, there are blue and green eggs) all eggs are the same inside. What the chickens are fed and cared for will affect the taste of eggs. But the egg producers feed the same or similar feed. And don't fall for 'free ranged' or 'care free' It's all in the wording. Even 'farm fresh' eggs can taste like store bought, if the chickens are confined and fed mostly layer pellets.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:15pm

Same here.  I've gotten fresh "free-range" eggs from my neighbors' backyard chickens.  They're brown and a bit smaller, but I've never noticed any difference in flavor.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:05pm
My mom told me that Eggland's Best eggs actually do taste better than regular eggs.

Maybe it's got something to do with the way they're raised & how they're fed.

I've never been willing to spend the extra money on them to find out, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 1:50pm

Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

Every time I see that annoying little girl crow, "It's E.B.!" I want to smack her, cute though she is.

What kid knows the brand of eggs her mother buys, let alone refers to it by nickname?  I don't even know the name of the brand in my own refrigerator---the brand I've been buying for years.  All I know is that the packaging is white with blue lettering.  Maybe there's a picture on it, too.  I never really looked at it.

Same with my milk.  I buy the brand with the yellow top---whatever brand that is---as it's cheaper than the other one at the store (whatever brand that is).

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

There's something in these commercials that pi$$es me off more than anything, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

Please explain to me how Eggland's Best eggs can taste better than any other brand of egg?  They all come out of a chicken's a$$hole.  An egg is an egg, so you and "your son the chef" can both go to he!!..

ROFL! Well said!    
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

Reviving a long-dead thread here, but is anyone else irritated by the Eggland's Best commercials they now play constantly during almost every commercial break on every local station?  Every time I see that annoying little girl crow, "It's E.B.!" I want to smack her, cute though she is.

But yes, "My son the chef" and the girl chewing with her mouth open like she was a cow chewing her cud were worse.

The "IT'S EB" girl looks like her Mom tried cutting her hair. It's just not a style (and I use that term loosely) you would find on a little girl. Unless it was the 1940s. It just looks old and dated.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 9:02pm
Reviving a long-dead thread here, but is anyone else irritated by the Eggland's Best commercials they now play constantly during almost every commercial break on every local station?  Every time I see that annoying little girl crow, "It's E.B.!" I want to smack her, cute though she is.

But yes, "My son the chef" and the girl chewing with her mouth open like she was a cow chewing her cud were worse.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:54pm
The only difference I've seen in eggs is with the brown ones.  They taste the same as the regular ones, but the shell is tougher, and a bit harder to crack.  That has its advantages, such as not cracking when being boiled. 

Then there are eggs from free-range chickens, but I don't think that's Egg-land's particular selling point.

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

There's something in these commercials that pi$$es me off more than anything, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

Please explain to me how Eggland's Best eggs can taste better than any other brand of egg?  They all come out of a chicken's a$$hole.  An egg is an egg, so you and "your son the chef" can both go to he!!..

I know what you mean. Maybe they have Gold Chickens or something and for some reason it grosses me out when the dip the edge of the toast through the egg yolk.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:08pm

Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

I have a (bad) confession to make. I don't like watching kids eat. Young kids who haven't got the teeth, mouth, gum thing down pat yet. I was having a slice of pizza and a young kid - maybe 3 was in front of me. I watched with a sickening fascination this boy work that pizza around his trap.

I can't stand people that smack and chew with their mouths open. It's disgusting.

People who make the "banana"  or "tuna fish" moist sound sends me over the edge, too. Dead

How about when they gulp when they're drinking and make that stupid "ahhhh" sound afterwards like they've just had the best sex in their lives? Oh and the "Yummy in my tummy" phrase drives me bat-sh*t!Angry
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

I have a (bad) confession to make. I don't like watching kids eat. Young kids who haven't got the teeth, mouth, gum thing down pat yet. I was having a slice of pizza and a young kid - maybe 3 was in front of me. I watched with a sickening fascination this boy work that pizza around his trap.

I can't stand people that smack and chew with their mouths open. It's disgusting.

People who make the "banana"  or "tuna fish" moist sound sends me over the edge, too. Dead

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:22pm
I sent them an email blasting them for their disgusting, corny, cheesy commercials and they had the nerve to send me a coupon and ask me to become a fan on facebook! I told them they can keep their coupons and I'd rather eat cat litter than their eggs. 
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:17pm

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:49pm

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Agent_Sometime Agent_Sometime wrote:

Now instead of that nasty kid, they have a redhead saying, "Mm" with her mouth closed.

I hate those ones too! The grossest though was the kid with food in her mouth. Yuck! Turned me off their product FOREVER!
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 8:41am
Now instead of that nasty kid, they have a redhead saying, "Mm" with her mouth closed.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Commercial was ok until it got to the girl at the end (AT :26)....I DONT' WANT TO SEE NASTY EGGS IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!AngryAngryAngry
I could only imagine the little actress's family sitting around the tv proudly waiting for her commercial...her big shining moment...

I agree. Did we have to play the "see food" game? Gross!
Giggle Bug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giggle Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:30pm
I do not like green eggs and ham..................I started the eggland's best with the chef, he was so gay, she was way to happy about eggs, I don't like the new one either
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:36pm
I hate commercials where people do that too. It's like a damn cow chewing on it's cud. Chew with your mouth closed. Geez were you raised on a damn bog or something? 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
msmur View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 10:06pm
GROSS!!!! I have not eaten eggs in 2 years and this commercial did nothing to encourage me to go back.

aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:55pm
yeah, I've noticed that some ads that have those annoying and/or gross bits are being edited
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 7:00am
They must have had some complaints..they are running the spot again in my area, but they are leaving out the gilr with the nasty egg mouth!!!!! Maybe they read message boards??LOL!!
No_Seriously View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No_Seriously Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 12:29am
Heh. Wish I'd found this one sooner. What's always bugged me about the Mom/Son the Chef commercial is this:
If the son's a chef, why isn't *he* making eggs for his mom??? Ya know, pay her back for all those years of making eggs for him and picking up his stinky socks and whatnot off the floor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic