Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2010 Superbowl Commercial Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDodge Charger - Man's Last Stand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 1:54am
Originally posted by fascinating fascinating wrote:

if you really think about it, IS VERY "PC" because: if you are simply a jaded husk of a man as a result of our nightmarish corporate system and an airheaded trophy wife, the system celebrates a win!

Really insightful & very well said.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 3:53am
Wow, this has been eye opening, I'm not sure if I like this commercial still because of the truth that has been said here.

blew. my. mind.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

After about the third face, I had to hit the MUTE button, but I watched until the Charger showed up.

Then I clicked over to see what was on the Discovery Channel, before clicking back to the game.

I owned a real Dodge Charger once. Wish I still did. A 1969 model. The classic version of the several years of the car, IMHO.

This modern "thing" with the Charger name plate is NOT a Charger! At least, the new version of the Challenger really does look like a classic Challenger. Not identical to the classic Challengers, but you can tell what it is just by looking at it.

This X 1000000000!  I miss the old Chargers.  The new ones aren't even interesting to me. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:52am
Thank You! Big%20smile

The new Charger design falls completely flat with me. It looks like a Chrysler 300 with a few extra horses and a nameplate that is a blatant lie. I have little use for anything from the Chrysler company for the last several years, with the exception of the Challenger. And I've bought several new cars from them in the past. I'm tempted by the Challenger, but I'm still shopping around, and I'm not too sure about the future of the company.

I don't much like the new retro version of the Chevy Camaro either, but it at least bears some resemblence to it's early predecessors!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 6:26pm
I'm surprised Chrysler/Fiat even bought any ad time for the Super Bowl.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:28pm
Speedy response:

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:51pm
Urg. I won't do any of that stuff. Though I do tend to get weepy at the end of Rudy because it's so sweet. Cry Poor little dude.

I hate sports, but I love sport movies about folks making their dreams come true.
But a good response none the less.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:58pm
Oh Christ.  And they get a house, meals, clothes, et cetera---along with the chance to not go sit in some soul-sucking cubicle 40 hours/wk---out of the deal.  Poor babies.  They're just whining about something they chose to do, while all that the guy in the original commercial is saying is that he wants a Charger. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:07pm
How do you know they don't also have jobs? Then it's sort of a double shift.
Singleness is preferable than having an annoying mate I think...
Without hurting me,
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

How do you know they don't also have jobs? Then it's sort of a double shift.

Well, she complains about "putting her career on hold" in one breath, and, in the next, complains about making 75 cents for every dollar he makes.  So, I don't know if she works.  Sounds more like she doesn't.

And then, she insults him getting bald, though, in the original, I didn't hear him insulting her looks at all.

And, if she "lets him have affairs", she's complicit in her own misery. 

To me, she (or they) just sound bitter.  This woman is probably the reason her husband has those affairs.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:30pm
WHAT? Now that's just silly. If a guy is having an affair, it's not usually the woman's fault. Dude's the one who decides to hook up with a mistress or skank around instead of facing his wife and saying, sorry, but we must end this sham of a marriage, but perhaps there is reading too much into mere commercials, but it is true that women do make less than men.
And it's not all the same woman, but different women.
And, housework is probably harder than working a job. I want kids, but dang, kids can be draining. And you never really get a break. Office work is a slight bit better.
Less high pitched screaming.
Without hurting me,
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 12:50am

If the husband of that particular woman in that particular fake commercial is having an affair, it's probably her attitude.  She has an ugly attitude towards males and marriage and probably drove him away with it.  I mean, really---she sounds like a friggin' bitch.  I wouldn't blame the guy for finding someone more appreciative.

As far as the pay discrepancy...it's generally considered to exist because women don't opt for the 60-hour work weeks, and take more time off for family matters (such as having babies, or tending to a sick kid).  An employer doesn't want someone who's suddenly going to interrupt the business by taking 3 months off, and then a few days of sick time per month.  Women that I've worked with took a lot more time off than the guys I've worked with.  Hell, I rarely used my sick time, even though I knew I'd just lose it all at the end of the year.

There are other reasons, and few of them have a male employer saying "Hmmm...she's a woman, so I'll pay her less".  For one, women are considered less competitive and aggressive than men, and ask for raises less.  It's really up to women to change that if they want to change the pay discrepancy thing.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 4:50am
That commercial again -_-. It's so annoying. If you're going to have a dog or live with another person, you don't have much choice in the matter but to walk that dog at 6:30 and wipe your whiskers out of the sink. It's called being considerate. duh. Which you don't have to do if you live by yourself. You can be a barbarian. Like me.
As for women and the pay discrepancy, there's all kinds of things about jobs and work that need to change for men and women. Urg. Europe is whipping our BUTTS in terms of these things.
Without hurting me,
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by applepiemommy applepiemommy wrote:

I hated this ad. Just as I hate ads that portray all men as dumb idiots, I hate ads that portray women as bitches. If your life sucks so bad, pal, that you have to give it all up to make your woman happy, a car isn't going to make it better. It's such an OBVIOUS ad that I guess it's as much a dumb man ad as a bitch woman ad, which makes me hate it twice.

ClapClapClapClap  Couldn't have said it better myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic