Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Songs I Have Ever Heard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:32am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Deborah Harry kind of looks like a living bobble head. 

Joey Ramone once remarked how beautiful she is, and "such a large head".

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:34am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedYou haven't seen here lately, have you?
Let's put it this way...you probably wouldn't know her if you saw her.
This is a (not so) recent pic...without her bifocals, and not in her 'gardening gear'...(and, well...she's a tad 'healthier'). Now 65, she's one of the nicest, most generous people one could meet.

She's always seemed nice.  Not a "diva" as female singers are supposed to be these days.

And I don't care how she looks if she doesn't care how I look.  Wink

'Sides, I think she still looks pretty good.  Hell, she must be near her late 60s at this point.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

ConfusedYou haven't seen here lately, have you?
Let's put it this way...you probably wouldn't know her if you saw her.
This is a (not so) recent pic...without her bifocals, and not in her 'gardening gear'...(and, well...she's a tad 'healthier'). Now 65, she's one of the nicest, most generous people one could meet.

She's always seemed nice.  Not a "diva" as female singers are supposed to be these days.

And I don't care how she looks if she doesn't care how I look.  Wink

'Sides, I think she still looks pretty good.  Hell, she must be near her late 60s at this point.

LOLI think you just ruled yourself out..."VERY short-term memory loss (if any at all)". Not sure she is looking for 'baby-sitting' jobs (for the demented elderly).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 6:24am
It doesn't surprise me to hear that DH is in her mid 60s.  I remember her even in the 80s that she was no 20 year old.  She was mature looking even then.  Like mid to late 30s.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:35pm
There's a song that came out in the 90's by a band called Deep Blue Something that is one of the lamest songs I've ever heard. It's about a couple breaking up because they have nothing in common. The guy obviously doesn't want to break up so he fishes around in his head for something they might still have in common and the only thing he can think of is how much they both like the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Ugh, this song is so lame and stupid it makes my head hurt.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:29pm
I still hear that song on one of the pop-elevator music radio channels every now & then.

Deep Blue Something sounds like a bad band name made up candidate.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:37pm

LOLI think you just ruled yourself out..."VERY short-term memory loss (if any at all)". Not sure she is looking for 'baby-sitting' jobs (for the demented elderly).

Did I really do that?  Maybe it was Thor.  Hey, where am I?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:40pm

It doesn't surprise me to hear that DH is in her mid 60s.  I remember her even in the 80s that she was no 20 year old.  She was mature looking even then.  Like mid to late 30s.

She was in a hippie band in the 1960s!  Pretty lame, actually.  Still, not quite as lame as Pomplamoose.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 2:23am

She was in a hippie band in the 1960s!  Pretty lame, actually.  Still, not quite as lame as Pomplamoose.

Wow, that song is a heck of a far cry from Heart of Glass.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:35pm
These songs became minor hits on AM radio when I was a kid.  Funny how some Top 40 songs you'll never hear on any oldies station these days.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 2:23am

These songs became minor hits on AM radio when I was a kid.  Funny how some Top 40 songs you'll never hear on any oldies station these days.

CryYou've clearly been in Calimexico FAR TOO LONG...THAT was atrocious!!!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

[
Another pisser of a song...I can't remember the name of it right off the bat, but it's by the band America, and some of it goes a bit like this:

O we went to the desert on our horses one day
It felt good to get out of the rain.
In the desert, you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one there to give you no name
Ahhhh ahhhh, ahhh, ah ah ah ah ahhh, ah ah ahhh, ahhhhh, ahh

This stupid song also causes a very severe earworm (or in this case, perhaps "brainworm" might be appropriate) whenever I'm exposed to it.
CryCryDeadDeadAngryDeadDeadCryCry

Angry - you almost had it!!!  The lyrics (AND SONG TITLE) are

"Oh I've been through the desert on A HORSE WITH NO NAME"

by the band America.

"A Horse With No Name" is a classic.

America's break out hit. They were trying to capitalize on the popularity of Neil Young at the time so they intentionally tried to sound like him.

The other line AMcP got wrong goes...

"In the desert you CAN remember your name, cause there ain't no one there to give you no pain."

Corny as the lyrics may be, it's one of my all time favorites.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

ShockedCryThat's pretty darned sad.
Now we're NEVER gonna know that horse's name...
~~~
Actually hated to read this, Mad.
RIP, Mr. Peek
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 6:44pm
60 is so young.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 7:31pm

On the last part of the journey...

RIP, Dan.  Loved Ventura Highway and Horse With No Name.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 7:34pm
Yea...think Madawee should start a new thread on this one...I recently picked up an 'America' anthology...wonderful music for peaceful, sunny days and moods...this is a true loss for all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic