Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Nutrisystem Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Nutrisystem Commercial
    Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:32pm
There's another Marie Osmond Nutrisystem commercial playing now with "Amy", a woman who lost a bunch of weight using Nutrisystem. They show a before picture and then look at her now! Honestly, I think she looked way better in the before picture. Now she is way too skinny and has apparently spent every moment of her free time since then (when not stuffing her face with $400/month health food that is) in a tanning bed. She may be skinnier but she looks 20 years older with leathery skin and every tendon in her body visible and I'd really rather not see her in a bikini every other commercial break.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:55pm
Amy annoys me...especially that little dance she does towards the end.  I like Marie, though.  She's looking pretty damned good.

bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by erod550 erod550 wrote:

There's another Marie Osmond Nutrisystem commercial playing now with "Amy", a woman who lost a bunch of weight using Nutrisystem. They show a before picture and then look at her now! Honestly, I think she looked way better in the before picture. Now she is way too skinny and has apparently spent every moment of her free time since then (when not stuffing her face with $400/month health food that is) in a tanning bed. She may be skinnier but she looks 20 years older with leathery skin and every tendon in her body visible and I'd really rather not see her in a bikini every other commercial break.

I was thinking the exact same thing!! Amy looked so much better overweight (she wasn't even that big.)  Now she looks 20 years older and is waaayyyy too skinny.  Plus, the tan makes her skin look leathery. Dead
This is definitely a bad example of of what their diet can do.  It's sad when the before shot looks better than the after shot.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:38pm

Amy says she lost 28 pounds just from eating that plastic looking food. She looks rather boney now.

Marie looks like she takes hours to get ready to go anywhere.

Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:12pm
If she look's that skinny on TV, just remember that eveyone photographs about 10 lbs heavier than they are in real life! Also, it's very misleading when she says "I'm healthy..."  She looked much healthier in her "Before" picture (and probably was), both physically and mentally.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 8:29am
I think she's the one who was on earlier commercials, talking about "two" something....sizes, maybe?  But she was saying, "teeyou."  We had a thread about it a few years ago, I believe.  Does anyone remember?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 2:20pm
Yes, I remember...and yes, I'm pretty sure she's the same one.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Amy says she lost 28 pounds just from eating that plastic looking food. She looks rather boney now.

Marie looks like she takes hours to get ready to go anywhere.

Marie is what  you call "high maintenance"! LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 5:59pm
Don't know if anyone else remembers this, but my wife says the "before" picture of Amy was when she was about 6 mos pregnant, and that they even mentioned that in a previous ad. So is that false advertising or what?!?!
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 7:16pm
I usually spot this as I'm fast-forwarding and the thing that really stands out is how orange she is.
"I've lost weight and turned into an Oompa-Loompa!"
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 7:17pm
I remembered reading that that was her second time on Nutrisystem (which would make this her third); that between the first two commercials she had had a baby.  I think that was put out there, because people wondered why, if Nutrisystem worked so well, she'd gained weight again.
rocketman70092 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman70092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 8:27pm

Ugh! This commercial gets on my nerves so much. She looks so creepy now. I couldnt put my finger on exactly what it was - but you guys summed it up. Rail-thin, leathery skin, and looks like an Oompah-Loompah.

What kind of mom prances around in a bikinni at the pool? I guess I might be a bit old-fashioned, but once you squeeze out a kid, it's time to throw out the revealing stuff.

While that jig of hers is annoying, I really cant stand that "oooooooohhhhhh hot mama!" at the start of the ad. At least it gives me a second or 2 to change the channel.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Coastwizard Coastwizard wrote:

Don't know if anyone else remembers this, but my wife says the "before" picture of Amy was when she was about 6 mos pregnant, and that they even mentioned that in a previous ad. So is that false advertising or what?!?!
That other woman who plugged Nutrisystem used a pregnant "before" picture. She was wearing a moomoo.
Forgot her name, she's the one that brags about being able to catch a football. 
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 10:22pm
Tiz you're thinking of Jillian Barberie. 

Anyhoo, I've actually done Nutrisystem twice.  It worked the first time; I lost 25 lbs in only 21 days.  Of course I was 22 years old then heh.  I tried it again a couple years ago but it didn't work that time because I had developed then-undiagnosed hypothyroidism which made me gain weight no matter how much I dieted or exercised.  So, in short..yes, it actually does work if you don't have any underlying health problems that affect your weight. 
hmay311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmay311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 9:08pm
Thank you!  That ungodly shriek at the beginning of the commercial drives me crazy!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 3:26am
She should be self-conscious at the pool.  Her skin has the look and consistency of burnt leather, and Death has more meat on his bones than she does.  Yikes.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 6:55pm
I do think this woman is the same Size Two Amy who was pregnant before. I think some of what makes her look odd is her long neck, which obviously isn't any basis for me to criticize her.

Kudos to anyone who has the self-discipline to stick to that diet and exercise program. I don't think I would.
valool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:00pm
I could swear that "Amy" on the Nutrisystem commercial was the same person who was on a reality show..I don't remember which one...She has the exact same voice..I don't think her name was Amy..Does this ring a bell with anyone?
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:04pm
Valool, that sounds familiar.  I think they plucked her from some reality show.  Now they should put her back, so I can choose not to watch her.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by erod550 erod550 wrote:

i totally agree with everything said. I see alot of "dieters" who say they lost weight on these things and its like they went from healthy to wafer thin.
bogart57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogart57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:25pm
I absolutely agree with what everyone is saying.  That's why I registered on this website just to post a reply.  I hope that Amy lady actually see's what people really think of her.  Man, she is butt-ugly.  I was also thinking myself that she actually looked better with a little more weight on her.  And her face, man, she looks like a horse.  If Nutrisystem wants people to buy their product, they should be a much better looking model.  Maybe she'll stumble upon this website and realize she needs to put on some more weight. 
ridicommercial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridicommercial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 7:09pm
Alright, i've seen this commercial a few times now and this last time i couldn't help but to get on my computer to see how many other people think it's just completely insane. I stumbled on this website and just registered so I could express how messed up the human race would have to be in order to be convinced to buy anything based on the two women that are featured in this commercial.

It's out of control how bizarre it is. The woman in blue is simply absurd looking. I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly think she looks healthy. She simply looks alien in nature and not even remotely as healthy as her before picture.

Marie Osmond also looks like an alien. The sheer absurdity of her appearance is enough to make me laugh out loud but then i realize that there are actually lots women who aspire to look like this. She doesn't look like a healthy person, she looks like an overly anxious media controlled robot who has finally achieved the pinnacle of fake appearance and rejection of all that is good. The hair...... THE EYES! LOL Out. Of. Control.

To me this commercial is no different than two people with leprosy trying to sell people on their method of being healthy and looking good.

It honestly seems like a comedy satire sketch. But it's real. And they're selling it somehow. We shall overcome.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 7:20pm
Hmmm, maybe all of the Osmonds are aliens.  That would explain a lot.
Schelle70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schelle70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:11am
The woman in this commercial looks like an skinny,overly tanned giraffe. She looked better before she decided that she would rather look like a walking skeleton with some leathery skin thrown over it. Not to mention how much older the weight loss has made her look. She looks like she's pushing 50.
Ecsa0014 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecsa0014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:09pm
It seems like they show this commercial every break. The shriek at the beginning, makes my skin crawl. Also, They really shouldn't make/let these people dance in these commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic