Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NCIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCIS
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:21am
I have to admit that I have never seen this show but I have seen the commercials for it.
That goth chick pisses me off and I will never watch the show because of her.  In real life this crazy looking girl would never be hired for any type of professional job.  Maybe she can get a job at Wal-mart with that look but she would never be hired as a professional.
Give me a break, who would take her seriously?Tongue
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:25am
I don't think the commercial does the show justice the goth girl isn't that really annoying.

If you don't like NCIS try NCIS: Los Angeles no goth girl in that one.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

...If you don't like NCIS try NCIS: Los Angeles no goth girl in that one.
DeadNCIS: Lost Angles...possibly the first cop show I've ever seen where you will NOT see a badge. Watched 3 episodes; 3 strikes - its out.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:07am
Both are two of our favorite shows.  To each their own.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:25am
Wah?
Goth chick is cute.
Though I do not watch that show that often. I like Criminal Minds which also has an unusual female, but I like her.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 4:47am
I don't watch the show, but from the ads it appears that they replace the Goth chick every year with someone else....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 2:08pm
Is this NCIS girl the one who was actually involved in the field of forensics prior to getting into acting?  I recall reading something about her a few years back.  She was either working in it or studying to get into it, or something like that.  She had black hair and braids.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 3:48pm
 'Abby' has always been the same 'Abby'.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

'Abby' has always been the same 'Abby'.

Yep.  That'd be the one.  From the IMDB trivia page:

She graduated college with Honours - receiving her Master's Degree in Criminology. She also studied Sociology and Psychology. She was - and still is - completely obsessed with the study of Forensic Science.

She sounds kinda cool, to me.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 6:52pm
I like her she's cute.Big%20smile
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:54pm
I got hooked on NCIS last summer, haven't watched it in a while.  I like the Goth gal Abby...she's cool.  One show they made her wear regular clothes and she ***HATED IT***!  I like the way the crew play off each other, they get each other with real zingers sometimes. 
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 12:00am
Well, by my unofficial count, most folks like Abby and NCIS.  Considering it is the #1 drama on tv, it doesn't surprise me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 12:05am
I've ALWAYS liked Abby! She's intelligent without having to pretend to be.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I like her she's cute.Big%20smile
I think she's cute without exactly liking her, if that makes any sense.

bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:46pm
I guess I am the only one who hates this crazy looking girl.  I just don't see how anyone would hire her in any professional capacity in real life.

Well,m I guess that is why there are 900 channels.  Something for everyone!!
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:02am
Abbey adds something to the show in my opinion. And even though she doesn't look professional fashion wise she takes her job seriously. Besides...This is a tv show...They have to make the characters interesting...
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:35pm
I've seen "unprofessionals" working in professional settings.
receptionist at our ped office has plugs in his ears and multiple piercings.
I live in Portland so that might have something to do with it.

My mom's lawyer has complete sleeves on his arms (tattoos)
bjohnson377 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjohnson377 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:24pm
Dead Love watching NCIS, BUt hate that asshole DUH NOZO, if an asshole like that worked for me , his ass would be out of a job so quick, he wouldnt know what happened.
Hate them all
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 6:51pm
sorry bj, I like Tony's character....cracks me up.

Did you know that the character played baskedball at Ohio State?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by bjohnson377 bjohnson377 wrote:

Dead Love watching NCIS, BUt hate that asshole DUH NOZO, if an asshole like that worked for me , his ass would be out of a job so quick, he wouldnt know what happened.

I think you're SUPPOSED to hate him, hense why he's so obnoxious.
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 1:33am
My Dad loves this show, and my sister will refuse to answer her phone while it is on, or record it if she's unable to watch. #1 show on television . . . how?!

While I think that there are too many crime investigation dramas in general, I'm not opposed to watching a few of them. But not this one. The characters have no chemistry whatsoever, and very few of them are likable. Abby and the British guy in the lab are the only two I can tolerate, and I feel bad for them being stuck with such horrible co-workers. I realize that Ziva is a fan favorite but I'd like nothing better than to stick her in a b***h-slap chamber for a few hours. Angry
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 2:25am
No chemistry?  Pshaw.
unhappytobehere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unhappytobehere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 2:07am
The only thing that can explain the apparently massive appeal of this show is the declining quality of American education. 
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by unhappytobehere unhappytobehere wrote:

The only thing that can explain the apparently massive appeal of this show is the declining quality of American education. 

I don't know, I know many Forensic Science majors around here that love the show because it is far more accurate as far as the Forensic Science parts than let's say CSI (which many of them don't like for that reason, it's just too silly to them, even heard it out of the mouth of a very well established professor as well when he once came by to my High School Chem Class to tell us about Chem. Applications in Forensic Science. He was pretty cool, reminded me of Ducky in a way.)

I myself like the show, as for those going nuts over Abby's looks, you'd be surprised at how many "professionals" are closer to that. Times have changed, and since the 1980s, a lot of places have shown you don't have to fit a physical mould for most professional positions. I think that helps a lot is the fact that she actually has some experience in the field too!
hsolo1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 1:48pm
and there have been several on-air refernces to Abbys' outlandish appearance. Gibbs usually turns a blind eye to it because she does get results.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic