Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T Guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T Guy
    Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 9:14pm
Who the hell is this guy? He looks like John Stamos from "Full House".

Anyhow...these commercials are driving me up the wall!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:53pm
His name is Luke Wilson, and yes he is annoying.

His face is so punchable!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I so agree!!!!!!! What is funny is that my 18 year old daughter thinks he's CUTE!!!!! I told her that she has no taste in men whatsoever...if he wasn't so grating on the nerves maybe I would look at him differently. He has a "dumb schmuck" face!
unhappytobehere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unhappytobehere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:49am
What's sad is he has actually been in at least one good movie (The Royal Tenenbaums). Unfortunately, now he is shilling for AT&T, and his face is fat. My wife and I call him "Fat-Face."

"Oh, look, here's Fat-Face shilling for AT&T again."
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:53am
Originally posted by unhappytobehere unhappytobehere wrote:

What's sad is he has actually been in at least one good movie (The Royal Tenenbaums). Unfortunately, now he is shilling for AT&T, and his face is fat. My wife and I call him "Fat-Face."

"Oh, look, here's Fat-Face shilling for AT&T again."

LOLLOL

He does have a fat face.

This commercial series has made it to Suckatrudia.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 1:51am
Originally posted by unhappytobehere unhappytobehere wrote:

What's sad is he has actually been in at least one good movie (The Royal Tenenbaums). Unfortunately, now he is shilling for AT&T, and his face is fat. My wife and I call him "Fat-Face.""Oh, look, here's Fat-Face shilling for AT&T again."

I f**king hated that movie!

I also don't fancy either of the (untalented) Wilson brothers..."Fat-Face" or "Weird Nose"
One man gathers what another man spills
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

LOLLOLLOLI agree!
Julie
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 3:34am
Wasn't that dude in that Family Stone movie I LOATHE?

URG. THAT IS MY WORSE NIGHTMARE! Meeting a man and then having to meet HIS FAMILY! AUGH! Confused
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 3:56am
Luke Wilson of the movies.

Luke Wilson of AT&T

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:06am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Luke Wilson of the movies.

Luke Wilson of AT&T

Wow he looks less annoying in the movies, yet he looks like a douche bag in the ads WTFIGOH?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:24pm

You would think that at&t, with there gobbs of money could produce a better commercial. That weak browed d--k face could not sell me some fresh water after a nuclear holocaust. I am ashamed I am a customer.

Rantalicious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rantalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:39pm
I've been wondering what happened to his face, he used to be kind of cute.  How come the rest of him didn't get bigger?  Just his face.  WEIRD.

He was really funny on an episode of "The X-Files" (he played the sheriff of a small town full of vampires or zombies, I forget which).  And I love "Idiocracy", but I still want to know what happened to his face...

Ally

Every time a bad ad hits the airwaves...the terrorists win!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:09am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

You would think that at&t, with there gobbs of money could produce a better commercial. That weak browed d--k face could not sell me some fresh water after a nuclear holocaust. I am ashamed I am a customer.

"Hi Luke Wilson here for nuclear free freshwater..."LOL
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 2:56pm
These commercials are all so stupid I can't believe they continue to air them.  They keep trying to make the point that they have a lot of coverage or a lot of customers so they come up with lame ideas of reading postcards from all the places they have coverage.  First of all, it's only a 30 second spot - even combined with their "part 2" of the commercial, that's still only 60 seconds.  How many postcards can you read off in 60 seconds?  A tiny cell phone company who only had coverage in like 50 cities could do the exact same commercial. 

Then there's the commercial where they're trying to show how many customers they have by having the douche in the commercial friend request all of them, so the phone starts ringing like crazy.  Again, a company with only like 1000 customers could do the exact same commercial.  And Luke Wilson's pathetic attempts at "humor" in these commercials just grate on me.  Ahhhh!  I hate these commercials!!
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:45pm
I'm really tired of hearing who has the "better" 3g coverage, especially from Verizon.  Yay, Verizon, you have great 3g coverage.  Why the hell can't you keep my phone from going to roaming mode ocassionally in MY OWN FREAKING APARTMENT?
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Titus77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:32pm
I just joined AT&T, but certainly not because of these stupid ads. I like Luke Wilson, and I don't think his face is fat (I never notice things like that), but he is insufferable in these spots.

Also: Both AT&T and Verizon claim to have coverage in the vast majority of the US, yet Verizon claims AT&T reaches only a fraction of the country. Which liar is telling the truth in this case?
Where's The Beef?
bjohnson377 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjohnson377 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:15pm
AT&T has more complaints about their coverage, than any other company.
Hate them all
Ecsa0014 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecsa0014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 7:36pm

I just saw the newest of these unbearably bad ads and I honestly think it's the worst yet. In this one they supposedly secretly switched a room full of AT&T customer's phones to Verizon phones. Does anybody actually believe this garbage?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic