Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

York peppermint patty commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: York peppermint patty commercial
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:28pm

This makes me want to shoot the TV.

Sponsored Links

Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:31pm
Horrible! I think they are trying to emulate the style of "Requiem for a Dream" when the people were shooting drugs: they'd show extreme close-ups of the needle plunging, the eye dilating, the blood cells moving, etc.

The fact that the model is so goofy looking makes in even more off-putting.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:37pm
She looks like Andrea Rosen, of the Yoplait commercials.  You know...the ones in which the woman's on the phone and asks "Hon" why he's looking in the refrigerator.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:15pm
Pretty sure it's the same annoying woman. It's a f**king PEPPERMINT PATTY not an orgasm. I will only say this once. And also, peppermint patties are for old bag ladies. Stop trying to sex them up. Women are tired of having things portrayed as orgasmic... I mean what, like I can't have an orgasm without chocolate? Please proceed to get over yourself, ad exec who thought this up who is without a doubt male.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:32pm
Good greif it's a peppermint patty NOT an orgasm!

The girl is cute, but man does this commercial exaggerate the sensations you get.

"the CHILL of peppermint" WTF? NO! you only experience it in your mouth and it tastes minty THAT's IT! Plus the goosebumps they show don't happen with a peppermint patty.

"The RICH DARK CHOCOLATE" again the sensation is felt in your mouth NO WHERE ELSE yet it shows her eyes going nuts and dilating.

this $h*t doesn't happen in real life with a peppermint patty, this is just another example of Madison Avenue BS to convince you to buy their product so that they can shove their big corporate dick up the consumers ass. (yes that last line was inspired by George Carlin RIP)
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Good greif it's a peppermint patty NOT and orgasm!

The girl is cute, but man does this commercial exaggerate the sensations you get.

"the CHILL of peppermint" WTF? NO! you only experience it in your mouth and it tastes minty THAT's IT! Plus the goosebumps they show don't happen with a peppermint patty.

"The RICH DARK CHOLCOLATE" again the sensation is felt in your mouth NO WHERE ELSE yet it shows her eyes going nuts and dilating.

this $h*t doesn't happen in real life with a peppermint patty, this is just another example of Madison Avenue BS to convince you to buy their product so that they can shove their big corporate dick up the consumers ass. (yes that last line was inspired by George Carlin RIP)
LOLLOLLOLLOLI hear you loud and clear.These damn commercials keep getting worse and worse!And I thought the old ones where they'd say"When I bite into a York Pepperment Patty,I get the sensation of so and so"was bad!I think these are worse than those crappy commercials! 
Julie
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:23am
Wow... Not even close to being horrible. It's better than their old ads. 
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Good greif it's a peppermint patty NOT and orgasm!

"The RICH DARK CHOLCOLATE" again the sensation is felt in your mouth NO WHERE ELSE yet it shows her eyes going nuts and dilating.

some women think chocolate is better than sex
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 4:30am
No, find this woman and show her to me. She might think chocolate is better then sex, but that's a problem with her husband. Chocolate better then sex is a stereotype.
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 5:14am
I hate this crapper too, especially the way they show her eye popping twice. It definitely looks like she's either on crack, or getting the sensation of something shoved up her crack. Peppermint Patties aren't even tasty if you ask me. But she's so skinny that when she finally gets a piece of candy, it probably is like crack to her.

And I'm tired of rapid fire shots of different stuff already.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:05pm
This ad irks me, too. Who gets that excited over food? Plus, Peppermint Patties are gross - WAY too much peppermint.
Unlucky Wren View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unlucky Wren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:20am

Apologies for unnecessary bump, but I want to add my own rage at this commercial.

I love Peppermint Patties. LOVE them. But I just don't think I can eat another one until they get this horrible commercial off the air. I cannot support this crap.

It's the insipid expression at the end that makes me rage all over the place.
Wait, what?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 1:58am
That was an orgasm?  I did not hear her scream Richard Cranium's name.
anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 6:52pm
I don't like this commercial either. This woman looks like she is either having an orgasm, getting high or both. Peppermint patties are not that big a deal.  Why do companies think that people will buy their food if it gives women orgasms(like with shampoo or chocolate commercials)? In fact that would make me want to buy the object less. I don't want to be having orgasms in public because my chocolate was so delicious.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:41am
Originally posted by anankha anankha wrote:

I don't want to be having orgasms in public because my chocolate was so delicious.

"I'll have what she's having!"

in30states View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in30states Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:53pm
That is definitely the girl from http://imboycrazy.com/
Her face always freaked me out.
pcpfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcpfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:00pm
That's the beauty of Human nature. Some Hate it some loveit. For sure, it's not supposed to be unanimity. I, for one like this ad. But we are here not to talk about the ads we love, hence the name of the forum.
Regards.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Pretty sure it's the same annoying woman. It's a f**king PEPPERMINT PATTY not an orgasm. I will only say this once. And also, peppermint patties are for old bag ladies. Stop trying to sex them up. Women are tired of having things portrayed as orgasmic... I mean what, like I can't have an orgasm without chocolate? Please proceed to get over yourself, ad exec who thought this up who is without a doubt male.

It's funny that I mentioned that tactic in the Applebee thread and no one seemed to agree with me.

You see it with food, candy and especially icecream.

Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 3:52am
The new chick they have doing this is just as bad...and yes, it's a rip off of, "Requiem of a Dream."

trishanurse View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trishanurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:01am
who knew, that a peppermint pattie could do THAT?  Anyway, my name is actually Patty..yeah, this is kinda nasty. Seriously, umm, I sorta get my kicks of out real stuff, not York candy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic