Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is your favorite fast-food restaurant?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [13.33%]
2 [13.33%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [6.67%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [53.33%]
2 [13.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your favorite fast-food restaurant?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 3:51am
I prefer Jack in the Box!
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Sponsored Links

TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 5:59am
Originally posted by TheDude22 TheDude22 wrote:

I prefer Jack in the Box!
I do too,but,we don't have one anymoreUnhappyUnhappy.
Julie
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 4:49pm
I don't eat fast food, but if I had to choose, our Wendy's is pretty good, followed by McDonalds.

The last Big Mac I had was 8 years ago. Hmmm maybe I'm due!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 5:30pm
I don't want to eat beef by-products  that are re-constituted and sprayed down with ammonia to kill the e-coli. *   So none for me, thanks

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=ammonia+beef+fast+food&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

I don't want to eat beef by-products  that are re-constituted and sprayed down with ammonia to kill the e-coli. *   So none for me, thanks!  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.htmlhttp://www.google.com/search?q=ammonia+beef+fast+food&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Yes, but it is endorsed by the Department of Agriculture to use it. Anyways controlling diseases like e.coli and stuff like that is necessary. So I am not surprised. Anyways the Media can be biased (they almost always blame fast food and violent video games for why kids are getting fat or violent).
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:50pm
Sorry folks, Sonic rules.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:37pm

Yes, but it is endorsed by the Department of Agriculture to use it. Anyways controlling diseases like e.coli and stuff like that is necessary. So I am not surprised.

You can control e.coli by feeding grass to cows, instead of corn.
Federal subsidies for corn make US corn the cheapest feed you can buy.
Instead of feeding cows on grass, someone decided to mix ammonia with the meat to killl the e.coli that results from cows eating corn.
Instead of fixing the system.. they made it worse.
I'm now buying only grass-fed ground beef. It cost three times as much as corn-fed, which sucks.
I'm also planning on just grinding my own meat from quality cuts of beef - I'm pretty sure the Kitchen-Aid mixer has an attachment for that.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:13pm
Back when they were still around, I loved both Tastee Freez and What A Burger. Nowadays, I can't really pick one fav. Either Chick-fil-A or 5 Guys Burgers.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 2:35am
Wendys
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 2:47am
That's right, I picked Taco Bell. It's so cheap and delicious. I like Quiznos too though, if Quiznos was on there I would have picked it. I still consider sub places fast food.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 9:21am
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

Yes, but it is endorsed by the Department of Agriculture to use it. Anyways controlling diseases like e.coli and stuff like that is necessary. So I am not surprised.

You can control e.coli by feeding grass to cows, instead of corn.
Federal subsidies for corn make US corn the cheapest feed you can buy.
Instead of feeding cows on grass, someone decided to mix ammonia with the meat to killl the e.coli that results from cows eating corn.
Instead of fixing the system.. they made it worse.
I'm now buying only grass-fed ground beef. It cost three times as much as corn-fed, which sucks.
I'm also planning on just grinding my own meat from quality cuts of beef - I'm pretty sure the Kitchen-Aid mixer has an attachment for that.

They do, and a sausage stuffer. I received both for my birthday this month. I am also trying to purchase local grass fed beef and other local meat.
I need a freezer and I am going to go in on calf this spring maybe.
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Back when they were still around, I loved both Tastee Freez and What A Burger. Nowadays, I can't really pick one fav. Either Chick-fil-A or 5 Guys Burgers.

We actually have a Tastee Freez in my area.  It is one of the last of its kind too.  I also miss Krystal burgers since they vanished from my state but not neighboring states. I miss Shoney's Big Boy burger since those vanished.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 8:10pm
I like 'Mighty Taco' (a local chain). They make the very most UN-authentic and UN-healthy MONSTER burritos and tacos - and they sell 'em cheap. Plus - they make VERY demented commercials - and the "Kids' Coloring Sheets" (available, if you eat in) are some of the most bizarre things I've ever seen - drug addicts collect 'em, I'm certain.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by DARK FATHER<div>We actually have a Tastee Freez in my area.<br></div>[/QUOTE DARK FATHER
We actually have a Tastee Freez in my area.
[/QUOTE wrote:

Weren't Jackie and Diane there suckin' on chili dogs?

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 11:58pm
weird html and me don't get a long..
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 12:22am

I like taquerias (the ones that sell actual Mexican burritos, not the Taco Bell style of burrito).  I also like Carl's Jr.  I rarely eat any of that stuff these days, though.

TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I like taquerias (the ones that sell actual Mexican burritos, not the Taco Bell style of burrito).  I also like Carl's Jr.  I rarely eat any of that stuff these days, though.

I also like mexican style tacos. When I go to Oakland, a nearby town in San Leandro restaurant called "La Guadalajara" makes pretty good mexican-style food. But Taco Bell is Ok, but I rarely eat it. Ironically, there are a few Taco Bell chains in Mexico! Not joking!
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

We actually have a Tastee Freez in my area.  I miss Shoney's Big Boy burger since those vanished.

We still have Shoneys here but it's been quite a while since I've been there. Do you mean Shoneys has discontinued the Big Boy burger or you just don't have a Shoneys?
If I remember correctly, they used to bring your food out to your car and you'd get a little 2-3 page Big Boy "comic book".
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:53pm
We still have Shoney's in my state, but the Big Boy character and burger has LONG since vanished and been replaced with Shoney Bear.  I LOVED the Big Boy character as a child and I was very sad when it left my state.  I think there has been a lot of legal wrangling over the Big Boy character.  When I once called Shoney's corporate to inquire about the character, they cut me off midsentence after I said,"Big Boy" and kept insisting that I only speak of Shoney Bear.  I told them that Big Boy was part of their history no matter who was the mascot today, but it got me nowhere.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 10:26pm
I must live in fast food heaven. 

Not only do I have every possible joint available east of the Mississippi within 5 minutes of my house, including 2 Sonics, I have a Frisch's "BIG BOY" too!  Still has the huge statue right outside the door.  Alas, they rebuilt it and no more car hops.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Originally posted by DARK FATHER
<DIV>We actually have a Tastee Freez in my area.<BR></DIV></td></tr></table><BR><BR>Weren't Jackie and Diane there suckin' on chili dogs?<BR>[/QUOTE DARK FATHER
We actually have a Tastee Freez in my area.

[/QUOTE wrote:

I seem to remember just such a line in that "song".  Never liked it though! (the song, not Tastee Freez)
I seem to remember just such a line in that "song".  Never liked it though! (the song, not Tastee Freez)
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I must live in fast food heaven. 

Not only do I have every possible joint available east of the Mississippi within 5 minutes of my house, including 2 Sonics, I have a Frisch's "BIG BOY" too!  Still has the huge statue right outside the door.  Alas, they rebuilt it and no more car hops.

Indeed you must Hooty!  I must visit there sometime!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

We still have Shoney's in my state, but the Big Boy character and burger has LONG since vanished and been replaced with Shoney Bear.  I LOVED the Big Boy character as a child and I was very sad when it left my state.  I think there has been a lot of legal wrangling over the Big Boy character.  When I once called Shoney's corporate to inquire about the character, they cut me off midsentence after I said,"Big Boy" and kept insisting that I only speak of Shoney Bear.  I told them that Big Boy was part of their history no matter who was the mascot today, but it got me nowhere.

?? WTF does a "bear" have to do with Shoney's? These might be worth something after all.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 11:56pm

I remember those free comics in the Shoney's!  If you look on EBAY you may find Shoney Bear dolls.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 4:26am

I'm happy to report there is finally a Sonic in Harrisburg, PA. Gonna try it out next week. If the stuff is half as good as it sounds in their commercials, it'll be my favorite.

Hundreds of threads killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic