Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Staples: That's a low price! (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Staples: That's a low price! (video)
    Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 3:50am
Today was the first day I saw this commercial and I already hate it. It has some moron in Staples holding one of those hand baskets looking at items on the shelf screaming at each one "Wow! That's a low price" than taking it and putting it in his basket. This happens a few times then we cut to a female worker telling a male coworker that she'll get him a cart

Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 4:10am
Super, hyper annoying commercial!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:30am
The first time I saw that commercial, I knew it would end up here. Terrible, terrible commercial - an annoyance the first time out of the gate.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 6:08pm
Me too. Although I was kind of hoping that instead of saying something stupid like, "I'll get him a cart", that they would say something like, "I'll call security/local mental hospital" - that's where it seems like the "THAT'S A LOW PRICE" idiot belongs...Angry
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

Me too. Although I was kind of hoping that instead of saying something stupid like, "I'll get him a cart", that they would say something like, "I'll call security/local mental hospital" - that's where it seems like the "THAT'S A LOW PRICE" idiot belongs...Angry
LOLLOLLOLLOLI agree.This guys a mental case!Nobody in their right mind would act this way!
Julie
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 12:09am
This one SUCKS I wanna take one of those boxes the guy is holding a throw them at his head.

Stupid F*%&er

Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLI agree.This guys a mental case!Nobody in their right mind would act this way!

LOL imagine him being hauled away in a straight jacket still mumbling "WOW That's a low price!!!! MUMBLE MUMBLE LET ME GOOOOO MUMBLE MUMBLE! I'm innocent!!!!"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

This one SUCKS I wanna take one of those boxes the guy is holding a throw them at his head.

Stupid F*%&er

Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

LOL imagine him being hauled away in a straight jacket still mumbling "WOW That's a low price!!!! MUMBLE MUMBLE LET ME GOOOOO MUMBLE MUMBLE! I'm innocent!!!!"
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Julie
Schelle70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schelle70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 2:48am
Not only is this commercial annoying,it's also startling,and I can already see it making people jump out of their skin if they're not expecting it.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:59pm
I'd say they let the slow kid out to play in that video. Shouldn't he have a special helper?
unhappytobehere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unhappytobehere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:58am
This is the ideal consumer: forgetting about anything that really matters because of the "great prices." And the ideal employees: enabling this jackass and his irresponsible spending spree. Sadly, I'd imagine there are some people who laughed at it.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:28am
YESSSS!!! An early leader for Worst Commercial of 2010!!!
Hundreds of threads killed.
Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:17am
I remember the first time I saw this commercial, I thought it was so ridiculous how annoying it is. I came to the conclusion that Staples did this commercial PURELY for its annoyance factor. It is somewhat obvious, but it is so obvious that you might not consider it. There is no other reasonable explanation, as it does not fill in a normal category of event-oriented commercials. It isn't funny, deep, happy, cute. It is just plain annoying. They are annoying you so you'll remember. All it succeeds in doing is only bring the vague memory of Staples from the recesses of my mind and associate it with annoyance.

Good job, Staples. You are now associated with the rest of the things in the world that annoy me.

Also, has anyone else noticed that commercials seem to be getting LOUDER after the passing of Billy Mays?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:21am

Yes this commercial is annoying, and stupid, and dumb and 50,000,000 other verbs that can used to describe Hell.

THATS how bad it is! Angry

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 6:33am
WOW! That's a crappy commercial!
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 9:15am
Originally posted by unhappytobehere unhappytobehere wrote:

This is the ideal consumer: forgetting about anything that really matters because of the "great prices." And the ideal employees: enabling this jackass and his irresponsible spending spree. Sadly, I'd imagine there are some people who laughed at it.

Just look at the comments.

bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 5:04am
I hate the look on the guys face when he gets so excited over the low prices.  I want to poke his eyes out!!!Angry
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by unhappytobehere unhappytobehere wrote:

I totally agree!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Agent_Sometime Agent_Sometime wrote:

I disagree, I don't think anyone will ever laugh at it.....    ever.
feista01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feista01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 3:25pm
I'm surprised that nobody else in the store is staring at him.
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 2:56am
hot diggity dog this SUCKS horribly Nuke Unhappy
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:57am
I saw this one today.  I hate how the employees react with the typical commercial ass kissing response: "I'll get him a cart."  Yeah right! As if they're really looking forward to dealing with some maniac who comes into the store.  I hate how commercials make employees of every company look like total ass kissing morons that actually get a kick out of dealing with stupidity.  Commercials always make it seem like people who work for a living look forward to dealing with idiots.  God I hate commercials!! 
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 9:33pm
Staples also advestises deceptive prices.  In big bold letters they tell you paper is $29.99.  In small letters they tell you yes if you buy two boxes at $29.99 they will send you a rebate, in the form of a card you can only spend in their store.
"Even an old fart was once a breath of fresh air"
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 2:10am
WOW!!
This commercial SUCKS!!

Just for fun I think I'm gonna try this in their stores just to see what their reaction will be.LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

WOW! That's a crappy commercial!
I agree!
Julie
Kgun5 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgun5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Originally posted by Agent_Sometime Agent_Sometime wrote:

I disagree, I don't think anyone will ever laugh at it.....    ever.
As Agent_Sometime said, just look at the comments on the youtube page.  There are plenty of fools who think this commercial is rip-roaringly funny.

Some people are easily entertained.  Must be the same ones that are easily offended.  Why push the envelope when you can you can make "the best commercial ever" using classic humor, right?  Bah!

We live in a society of sheeple.  Sad, sad sheeple with strange senses of humor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic