Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kidz Bop! They really done it this time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kidz Bop! They really done it this time.
    Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 2:57am
OH HELL NO! Guess what! While seeing a commercial for Kidz Bop 17 (Oh god, is there even more Kidz Bop Crap left?), it also includes a CD with kids (or "Kidz" in this case) singing The Beatles's (sorry for bad gammer, but I don't give a damm) known songs. You got to be f*cking kidding me. Sure, The Beetles aren't the best band ever, but they can't be ruined by Kidz Bop! What is next Kidz Bop? Are you going to rip-off "Let the bodies hit the floor" and make it kid-friendly? And I predict by 2012 EVERY song in the WHOLE WORLD will be ripped off and ruined by Kidz Bop.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Sponsored Links

Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 6:15am
I don't get Kids Bop...why not just let the kids listen to normal music?? I can see small babies listening to nursery rhyme type "kids singing" music, but that's about the only exception.  The kids they always show in their commercials look to be about 10 and that is far too old to be listening to Kids Bop.  Any 10 year old listening to Kids Bop these days is bound to be made fun of relentlessly and without mercy by his/her classmates. 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 6:46am
Originally posted by TheDude22 TheDude22 wrote:

OH HELL NO! Guess what! While seeing a commercial for Kidz Bop 17 (Oh god, is there even more Kidz Bop Crap left?), it also includes a CD with kids (or "Kidz" in this case) singing The Beetles's (sorry for bad gammer, but I don't give a damm) known songs. You got to be f*cking kidding me. Sure, The Beetles aren't the best band ever, but they can't be ruined by Kidz Bop! What is next Kidz Bop? Are you going to rip-off "Let the bodies hit the floor" and make it kid-friendly? And I predict by 2012 EVERY song in the WHOLE WORLD will be ripped off and ruined by Kidz Bop.

Oh my God.  You canNOT misspell THE BEATLES' name and not expect to get sh*t for it. 

And, by the way, misspelling is different from bad grammar.  (But don't worry; you're guilty of both!)  I know you say you don't care, but I do, damn it.  The Beatles deserve at least that much respect.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
sickntired View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickntired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm
Who are the Beetles?  LOL!!! 

Oh, by the way, the BEATLES are considered one of the best bands EVAH!!! 

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by sickntired sickntired wrote:

Who are the Beetles?  LOL!!! 

Oh, by the way, the BEATLES are considered one of the best bands EVAH!!! 

Here's The Beetles!...

Kidz Bop is the anti-rock that comes from Hell!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 10:22pm
Sorry for misspelling, I got sort of confused (i'm not a music genie nor a person that can remember stuff).
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 6:16am
It's okay, Dude.  Sorry for losing my cool.
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 6:49am
Yeah, they should definitely do "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor," "Down with the Sickness," by Disturbed and my favorite, "Rape Me" by Nirvana.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 11:23pm
Dude- I'm sensing a trend here. Little girls shoe commercials, KidzBop- you have a child and are forced to see these commercials, don't you?

As for KidzCrap- I found out the hard way what this was when I bought a song on itunes without listening to it first. I figured the name was just the name of the compilation album, not the reworked, rewrecked version.

99 cents I'll never see again.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:08am
You should never buy from iTunes without listening first.  Sometimes, even if it's the original artist, it might be a new recording (for instance Ballroom Blitz by "The Sweet", is different than Ballroom Blitz by "The Sweet featuring Brian Connolly").  Or it may be a live version.  Or even if it's what you want, there may be better and/or remastered versions available.  Or maybe there's a long version available (for instance, you can get the short version of Foghat's Slow Ride or the version that's twice as long---both for the same price).
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:24am
Oh yeah- I've gained a lot of itunes wisdom since last Christmas when I got the thing. No more blind buys for me. Now if I could just stop the drunk buys. One weekend I bought two $25 itunes cards, and by Monday there was nothing in my account. I had to check the "recently purchased" playlist to figure out what I bought.

Why I would get $50 in Christmas music in the summer is beyond me, but I was glad to have it last week.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:37am
I don't understand the infatuation with Kidz Bop.

Yeah that's what I like to hear bad singing kids who already ruin bad music.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:54am
I'm just going to take a wild shot in the dark and assume that the kidz don't sing dreary songs like "Happiness is a Warm Gun" (or anything else off the White Album for that matter). Although, it would be pretty humorous to hear them do a version of "Revolution #9."
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 1:20am
Originally posted by korydvandyke korydvandyke wrote:

I'm just going to take a wild shot in the dark and assume that the kidz don't sing dreary songs like "Happiness is a Warm Gun" (or anything else off the White Album for that matter). Although, it would be pretty humorous to hear them do a version of "Revolution #9."

LMFAO!LOL

I can almost hear it now that you bring it up!

One of my friends who lets their kids listen to stupid crap told me he heard they covered a Prince song. What the hell song by Prince could they possibly do without a MAJOR rewrite? Even Raspberry Beret, as upbeat as it is, is about having sex with a dumb chick in some stranger's barn.
korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 1:45am
Furthermore, here's the paradox (comes after further listening to the White Album)...

Take a song like "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill". It includes actual children singing accompaniment in the background; "Hey, Bungalow Bill, what did you kill?" I'm uncertain what the official story behind this is and perhaps John took that to the grave. But if you were to propose to have children, in this case "The Kidz", record this song here and now in 2009, this would be absolutely unacceptable by today's standards (how we've reverted to social normality akin to the forties, is beyond me).
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 1:58am

I'd love to hear "the kidz" yell "I got blisters on my fingers" at the end of Helter Skelter.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 7:17pm
As if any of them could identify a guitar in a line up of three different instruments.
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 8:09pm
Wow! Ok you guys got me curious so I started looking around to see what kind of songs they're putting on these "kid friendly" albums:

Please Don't Leave Me by Pink
Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes
Lips of an Angel by Hinder
(still haven't found the Prince song they used but couldn't see the song list for all the albums)

Now whether you know the lyrics or not all these albums have songs covering some MAJORLY heavy topics like abuse, infidelity, and love to the point of obsession. I don't know how they could change the words or lyrics to lighten them up (if that's what they do) but even if they do and you have kids listening to these songs and singing them around friends and peers who listen to the real version, I dunno I just see lots of extra wedgies and instances of kids being shoved into lockers around the country:-P
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 8:34pm
I don't think they change the lyrics (or even make an attempt).

Once when I set foot in a toy store, Kidz Bop was blasting over the PA.  The two songs I remember from the time I spent in the store were "Good Vibrations" (ok, can kinda understand that one, but still...) and "Li'l Red Riding Hood" (W...T...F?!).
Originally posted by Revolennon Revolennon wrote:

I don't get Kids Bop...why not just let the kids listen to normal music?? I can see small babies listening to nursery rhyme type "kids singing" music, but that's about the only exception.

I suspect these albums are more to make the parents feel okay that their little precious isn't listening to anything "bad" (I also suspect none of those parents really know the songs they're covering).  These albums didn't exist when my mom was a pup, and I was encouraged to listen to "real" un-kiddified music.  I turned out OK...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:00pm
Li'l Red Riding Hood was a hit when I was about 10.  I didn't get the sexual context then.

What a big heart I have-the better to love you with
Little Red Riding Hood
Even bad wolves can be good
I'll try to be satisfied just to walk close by your side
Maybe you'll see things my way before we get to grandma's place

Buffalo Bill View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 1:48am

"Take this, brother. May it serve you well."

Here's the track list:
  1. "Can't Buy Me Love"
  2. "Here Comes the Sun"
  3. "All You Need Is Love"
  4. "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
  5. "A Hard Day's Night"
  6. "Hey Jude"
  7. "Octopus's Garden"
  8. "Hello Goodbye"
  9. "Blackbird"
  10. "We Can Work It Out"
  11. "Birthday"
  12. "Let It Be"
"A Hard Day's Night?" A hard day coloring?
---------------
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. NOT THE LINE ABOVE.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Craftychiq Craftychiq wrote:

Now whether you know the lyrics or not all these albums have songs covering some MAJORLY heavy topics like abuse, infidelity, and love to the point of obsession.

I know a woman who likes some of the most violent "I'm gonna f*ck your ass, bitch" rap songs because "they're fun to dance to".

Oy vey.  Confused

Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 2:50am
And now there's rock songs turned into baby lullabies.

Rockabye Baby...

Here's a sample:

Ouch

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 3:11am
Hurm
My kids are going to listen to REAL MUSIC. None of those silly kid things. They will listen to classical, Dir en grey (in Japanese so they won't know what they are singing about.)old school jazz!

My kids  will have great taste in music I hope,and I'll dress them in band t shirts when they are babies as I hate pastel colours.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Asnotseenontv Asnotseenontv wrote:

And now there's rock songs turned into baby lullabies.

Rockabye Baby...

I just saw the Rockabye Baby version of Ramones' songs on iTunes.  My favorite would have to be their version of Beat on the BratLOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic