Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Credit Report.com Singer Exposed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozric1847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Credit Report.com Singer Exposed
    Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:28pm
Sponsored Links

ozric1847 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozric1847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:30pm
Sorry im not used to posting here.  I pasted the website address first and everything I typed was blue.  Im a noob.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 12:43am
ApproveNo, you're fine! That is really interesting and explains a lot! I wonder if they told the poor guy that he would be reviled by commercial haters everywhere?
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:12am
He's French Canadian.  The commercials are filmed in Canada to cut costs.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:48am
Originally posted by timdubya timdubya wrote:

Last time I checked, the American greenback is now virtually worthless against the Canadian loonie...even trade at best...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 6:24am
Yup. Mentioned this a while back...

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Online Status: Online
Post%20Options Post Options   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post%20ReplyReply Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:12pm
o.k., o.k... 

First, here is the 'lip-syncing' pirate...(look closely!)

Here's your boy in REAL action...and I guess you knew he doesn't really speak English (only French)....

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:41am
Originally posted by ozric1847 ozric1847 wrote:

Sorry im not used to posting here.  I pasted the website address first and everything I typed was blue.  Im a noob.

Yeah, but you're our noob, hon!  Embarrassed
Love endures all.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

There ya go!

We like 'noobs' - everyone should have one!

(psssst....o'FrienPup...what's a 'noob'?)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:06pm
Maybe that's why his lip synching was so Godawful. But were the other actors also French?
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

Originally posted by timdubya timdubya wrote:

Last time I checked, the American greenback is now virtually worthless against the Canadian loonie...even trade at best...

Still, they don't have to deal with SAG/AFTRA and LA costs.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by IceFroggyFrog IceFroggyFrog wrote:

Maybe that's why his lip synching was so Godawful. But were the other actors also French?
Nawwwwww...just poor and without pride.
Clownface3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clownface3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:27am
I find these commercials to be quite snappy, and went through a little sadness on April 23rd when I found out all was not what I thought it was (it was reported in "Parade" magazine I think). 

Here are my thoughts on the fake singer:  http://hermys.blogspot.com/2008/04/crush.html

BTW, I hate his original stuff on YouTube. 
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:00am
I'd rather the guy sang like Maurice Chevalier..'Zey say a man should al-weez dres, for ze zhob e wants...'Big%20smile
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 11:08am

I wouldn't go that far. He does know some English. Some people say he is nearly fluent in English. The agency that produced the commercials probably wanted a pretty face to go with the songs, and it appears to be working. He's getting plenty of attention now.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 11:27am
well...maybe he'd get more positive spin should he be representing a reputable organization; the 'Ad Gurus' certainly pulled one our of the hat with these guys...EVERYONE knows the product, the people in the ads, and the skits and songs do stick in the head... 
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 7:59am
I appreciate the enthusiasim, but to be honest, I couldn't care less about this yodelling f**k except that I am SICK of hearing them.
I emailed FreeCreditreport.com and told them their commercials were not funny, rather just as annoying as hell. They wrote me back and said they appreciated my input. I replied and told them, screw their appreciation, just pull the ads and apologize to us for driving us nucking futs!!!!!!!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 3:04am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

There ya go!

Just in case you aren't kidding.  Noob is pronounced newbie. Tongue

Chas.A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas.A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2009 at 7:53pm
Along with any Bill Mays' screaming commercials, and the reptile promoting GEICO insurance, the free credit report series of commercials, as well as this French Canadian twerp (and his equally "twerpy" companion guitarist), are among the most annoying presentations on tv today. Send him back to Quebec, permanently.
Titus77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 1:29pm
I don't know why everyone hates these ads. I heard them on radio way before I saw the TV ads and I was impressed by the musical pastiches written for the spots. Very clever. They don't transfer quite as well to TV, but are well-done, nonetheless. And who cares if it's some Canadian dude who can't speak English or play music or even sing?? IT'S A COMMERCIAL!!! I work for an ad agency. Most TV ads are done as cheaply as possible. The parts that make it up are done separately, some for almost no cost at all. They hired some actors, some musicians, a songwriter and a singer to do their individual parts and then put it all together to make it look like a real band singing their own songs about FreeCreditReport.com. OMG! It's not a real band? And he's not even singing?? And he's Canadian?? And speaks FRENCH?? Get. Over. It.
Where's The Beef?
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 2:22am
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

I'd rather the guy sang like Maurice Chevalier..'Zey say a man should al-weez dres, for ze zhob e wants...'Big%20smile

Now THAT would be a commercial I'd love to see!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Titus77 Titus77 wrote:

I don't know why everyone hates these ads. I heard them on radio way before I saw the TV ads and I was impressed by the musical pastiches written for the spots. Very clever. They don't transfer quite as well to TV, but are well-done, nonetheless. And who cares if it's some Canadian dude who can't speak English or play music or even sing?? IT'S A COMMERCIAL!!! I work for an ad agency. Most TV ads are done as cheaply as possible. The parts that make it up are done separately, some for almost no cost at all. They hired some actors, some musicians, a songwriter and a singer to do their individual parts and then put it all together to make it look like a real band singing their own songs about FreeCreditReport.com. OMG! It's not a real band? And he's not even singing?? And he's Canadian?? And speaks FRENCH?? Get. Over. It.

This is just the kind of response we'd expect from someone associated with the dark side, AKA ad agencies. The commercials are annoying. The dude looks like a dork. We all hate it. Get. Over. THAT!

sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 4:34pm
Wow,he is lip synching the words,I saw the one ad with the hatchback on TruTV last night and the words do not match what he is saying.This story checks out!
Pez View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:27pm
I saw my favorite band last night. They played the FreeCreditReport.com theme. My faith in humanity: lost. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

There ya go!

Just in case you aren't kidding.  Noob is pronounced newbie. Tongue

Cry awwwwww MM00! I wasn't born yesterday.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Pez Pez wrote:

I saw my favorite band last night. They played the FreeCreditReport.com theme. My faith in humanity: lost. 
You need a new 'favorite band'...Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic