Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Info on the crappy 2009 Gap Holiday Ads!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurFonzarelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Info on the crappy 2009 Gap Holiday Ads!
    Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 5:32am

I did some digging and finally found the a-hole responsible for giving us the Christmas turkey we now fondly call the Gap PC Holiday ads. The maestro behind this pap is...brace yourselves...Pharrell Williams! The R&B producer / singer / overrated hack, was kind enough to grace us with more of his trash by producing a series of PC oriented Christmas ads to advertise the Gap this season! From http://theneptunes.org/pharrell-develops-musical-backdrop-for-gap-tv-spots-collaborates-with-gap-clothing-line/

"The Gap campaign highlights dancers wearing Gap’s holiday product line inspired by “classic cozy cabin” – an urban unconventional modern take on the coziness and comfort of the American log cabin. Created in partnership with Crispin, Porter, and Bogesky, the television spots directed by Michael Gracey are irreverent and culturally relevant. Gap collaborated with recording artist and producer Pharrell Williams to develop the musical backdrop for the TV spots."

There you have it! Go Christmas!
Sponsored Links

MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:59pm
Okay I was all set to come in here and disagree with u about Pharrell being a hack, UNTIL I saw the commercial spots.  Plant a tree? Go f**king buy a tree if you want to save a tree don't say it in a clothing commercial. Why the f**k did they have to run off every holiday thats celebrated here in the US? They couldn't just say Happy Holidays or some sh*t? f**k being PC and pushing agendas.
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Angry Lil Fat Man Angry Lil Fat Man wrote:

Okay I was all set to come in here and disagree with u about Pharrell being a hack, UNTIL I saw the commercial spots.  Plant a tree? Go f**king buy a tree if you want to save a tree don't say it in a clothing commercial. Why the f**k did they have to run off every holiday thats celebrated here in the US? They couldn't just say Happy Holidays or some sh*t? f**k being PC and pushing agendas.

LOL
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
ArthurFonzarelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurFonzarelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:31pm

I can only imagine a bunch of unhip, Ivy League white guys in suits were sitting around in the conference room at Gap advertising headquarters, brainstorming on this stupid series of ads. The conversation must have went like this:

"We've already shown that we're not the 'white people's clothing store' by selling the Africa Red shirts to, well, white people and we don't want to turn into Chess King, so...Let's ask that one guy we took some modeling photos of, Pharrell, and see if he could sort of make a universally, ecto-friendly, hip-hop Christmas song to REALLY show we're not just a 'white people's store' and that we reach out to all colors, for our ads. Oh! And make sure he rips off Fox's 'Glee' - since that's really hot with the white audiences and after all, we don't want to offend or lose our main consumer, being that we really are 'the white people's clothing store'!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic