Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brat Gap Kids Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallen1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brat Gap Kids Commercial
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:48am
Screaming brats - not good for the ears or heart - I hate this GD commercial - whoever made it should burn in hell! I can't wait until the gd holidays are over!
Sponsored Links

newsfop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsfop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:20pm
Oh

my

God!

I hate that commercial so much. All those candy-colored shrieking little prisses doing their nonsensical camera preening need to be sat down and force-fed cod liver oil to shut them up. Putrid icing on their stool cake is the synchronized fanny scoot they do at the end. Lock them all away without supper!
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by newsfop newsfop wrote:

Oh

my

God!

I hate that commercial so much. All those candy-colored shrieking little prisses doing their nonsensical camera preening need to be sat down and force-fed cod liver oil to shut them up. Putrid icing on their stool cake is the synchronized fanny scoot they do at the end. Lock them all away without supper!

I actually that "train" thing at the end. Everybody here hates kids?

We have the power of imagination.
newsfop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsfop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:38pm
I hate kids. I don't speak for everybody.
Fireant3 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireant3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:30am
I logged in here for the first time in many months just to make sure someone was already complaining about this one. The cheerleading the kids do is SO irritating. There's another one now too, I think with adults doing an annoying cheer-like chant. God help us all.
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:01am
Ugh I hate this one, too.  They all look like spoiled little brats.  Gap is overpriced and overrated.  I don't even spend the $50 dollars that a Gap tshirt costs on *myself,* let alone spending Gap-type prices on a little kid that will just outgrow it in a month anyway.  And I don't even have kids yet, ha..
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:49am
i dont think there is a way to make this commercial any more annoying. i hate kids. especially screaming ones. and stuck up brat ones. that are dancing. ugh
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:55am
Yes.  They all say something like "Go to cheerfactory.com."  They are annoying as hell.
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:03am
I think it's supposed to be cute.

We have the power of imagination.
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:31am
The commercial is annoying. I don't mind kids but these girls made me want to press the mute button....I also couldn't tell what on earth they were saying for most of the commercial ><.
MCoupeAtlanta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCoupeAtlanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 1:11pm
Huh.  I mean, huh.  Now, lots of commercials annoy me, but. . .  EVERY time I see this commercials, I keep saying - out loud, mind you - DAMN, these kids are great dancers!

This is one of the few commercials that I actually enjoy watching.

Chris
EvanB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:30am
Gotta admit I think this one is cute.  And yes, I normally find Gap ads very annoying. 
Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:43am
I hate kids mostly because of horrible parenting. Nowadays, it is IMPOSSIBLE to go to a restaurant, get on a plane, go to the store, or anything, without having at two or three misbehaving brats having a temper tantrum or behaving like complete fools, with a mommy going "gregory, please calm down. Please, dear. I'll get you a new game if you calm down. Mommy loves you. " blah blah blah.

When I was very young, if I did not quit misbehaving (after multiple warnings) my dad would take the belt to my butt, and I'll tell you what; after age 3 or so, I was a child fit for public.

I find many kids' voices pretty annoying as well, but I think I correlate it with my old online gaming nights, when I had to deal with prepubescent morons (redundant?), but who knows.  
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:28am
The first time I saw it, I thought it was unique. The 100th time I saw it, which was maybe an hour later, I thought, "Enough already!" And what is with the one little girl SCREAMING?
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Jeff98177 Jeff98177 wrote:

The first time I saw it, I thought it was unique. The 100th time I saw it, which was maybe an hour later, I thought, "Enough already!" And what is with the one little girl SCREAMING?

Lol - I didn't notice the girl screaming until you said that - I went back and watched it.  WTH?  You don't have to hate kids to find this commercial annoying.  I loathe this and every other GAP commercial.  Like nails on a chalkboard.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:28am
This commercial reminds me of that old L'oreal commercial (maybe 2 or 3 years ago) with a bunch of kids taking up the screen at the end all screaming "Cuz we're worth it too!!!". And there was this one girl that I always zoned in on because she's just opening and closing her mouth like she's eating or something. Obviously someone told them to mouth the words since they'd tape over it later or something, and this kid didn't even bother trying to say the words
MCoupeAtlanta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCoupeAtlanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 7:37am
Ah, yes.  The screaming.  Might I refer you to Youtube.   Tommy Emmanuel playing "classical Gas" with his guitar.  He. . . he. . . he goes mad for a few minutes, playing the song.  He can't get it out fast enough.  And near the end screams in frustration - while playing.  Quite a moving experience.  Perhaps they were trying to reproduce this event (which, of course, they couldn't).

Chris

Originally posted by Jeff98177 Jeff98177 wrote:

Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:54am
I scream in terror whenever this crap comes on the TV.   First time I saw it I couldn't believe WTF I just saw.    It's so obnoxious and grating.   
gabba gabba hey!
ArthurFonzarelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurFonzarelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:24am
Aevangeline View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aevangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:46am
I hate hate hate hate HATE this ad!
at one point, they start dragging their butts across the floor like dogs. Those brats make me so sick.
"B-But the metal forks taste bad!"
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:00am
I don't normally hate kids.  But this commercial is just awful.  First of all, they strut like miniature supermodels (I hate that strut; they're like horses).  Second, they repeat each line.  HATRED.  I hate this commercial.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:16pm
Obnoxious is the new cute.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
bgrl613 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgrl613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by momo momo wrote:

The commercial is annoying. I don't mind kids but these girls made me want to press the mute button....I also couldn't tell what on earth they were saying for most of the commercial ><.

I DO press the mute button.  Hate this commercial.  It really has nothing to do with liking or disliking kids either...adults parading around bumping and grinding and screaming and being stuck up little jerks would annoy me just as much.
Today's TV commercials are one of the reasons people love DVR so much...
sickntired View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickntired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 6:02pm
Cute parody:

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 6:41pm
I saw the original commercial all I can say is ACK!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic