Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crayola Crayon Maker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:03am
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 2:09pm
They teach cursive in third grade.  My kid loves to practice cursive, and it is surprisingly legible.  She's a girl, which may have something to do with that.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

They teach cursive in third grade.  My kid loves to practice cursive, and it is surprisingly legible.  She's a girl, which may have something to do with that.
My uncle had beautiful penmanship. That may have something to do with the fact that it was the only class he actually showed up for. His mother went to the school one day and said "I'd like to see Tom" to which the prinicpal answered Yeah? So would  we! " (It ws the '30's - skipping school was a badge of honor!)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I used to eat ink cartridges from fountain pens...
Big%20smileNOW I finally understand you and know why we have 'common friends'!

LOLLOLLOL Love ya, Pa!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 3:11pm

In Catholic school, we had no choice.  Either our handwriting was legible, or we'd get something across the face that anyone could understand.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Craftychiq Craftychiq wrote:

<------ was too sophisticated to eat crayons and ink as a kid, MY palate called for the subtle piquant flavoring of Playdoh:)
LOLWhy, of course! ANY child that ate a 'balanced meal' always had a three-course meal - 'PlayDough' was the 'main course'. Mashed Elmer's paste and crayolas were always on the paper plate.
Playdough%20Recipes<<<---lookie, lookie! Someone's making 'PumpkinDough' pie! Mmmmm Mm!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:09pm
I never enjoyed eating Elmer's Glue.  Elmer's Glue had another, much more important purpose---to coat the palms of one's hands in it, let it dry, and then peel it off.

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:33pm
I used to love to do that.

My handwriting has always been like chickens dancing around trying to write in Chinese.

Oddly enough, my Japanese handwriting is a bit better. I don't even write in cursive anymore because no one can understand it.
Not even me.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I never enjoyed eating Elmer's Glue.  Elmer's Glue had another, much more important purpose---to coat the palms of one's hands in it, let it dry, and then peel it off.

Ouch NOT the GLUE...we'd eat the PASTE...kind of like funny-tasting mashies...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

<------ was too sophisticated to eat crayons and ink as a kid, MY palate called for the subtle piquant flavoring of Playdoh:)
LOLWhy, of course! ANY child that ate a 'balanced meal' always had a three-course meal - 'PlayDough' was the 'main course'. Mashed Elmer's paste and crayolas were always on the paper plate.
Playdough%20Recipes<<<---lookie, lookie! Someone's making 'PumpkinDough' pie! Mmmmm Mm!

mmmmm crayons........ that reminds me of one time when I was little at a day care they had crayons shaped like Reeces Pieces cups, so much so I took a bite out of them and them immediately disliked the taste. it was crayon-y. That's the last time I've mistaken the Reeces Pieces shaped crayons for actual Reeces Pieces cups.

Looking back at that time what right minded adult thought that Reeces Pieces cup shaped crayons were a good idea especuially with kids around?TongueConfused

Oh yeah I do remember tasting Play-Doh it was nasty LOL

I even remember the time I chewed one of my moms pills mistaking it for candy it tasted very tart and mediciny, hard to describe.

I even remember the time when I licked Pine Sol off the kitchen floor my mom was washing it tasted sweet. My parents panicked about that.

I tasted a lot of things, good times good times. LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOL I used to LOVE doing that (but then I still get a sick satisfaction from peeling my skin and other people's in the summer:)

Another thing I used to love doing was taking my bottle of this clear brown glue with the rubber top that I think was supposed to allow the glue to glide along the paper (I wanna call it mueslix glue but I know that's wrong) and stick those crappy tasting Valentine heart candies into it and just stare at them in the bottle... and yes, my mother DID drop me on my head as a child thank you very much;)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:50pm
craftychiq, yeah.  That clear stuff in the brown bottle with the angled rubber top that had a slit in it.  I forget what it was called, but I think it is something like "Mueslix".  Maybe it'll come to me.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:52pm
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:58pm
Yeah, Holly, I was just about to post about "mucilage" and you put a pic of it up, thanks. It's the only kind of glue my dad, rest his soul, ever used.BTW, Thor, I hope your remark about the catholic schools was tongue-in-cheek.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 10:36pm

Yep.  That's it!  Thanks, Holly.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

BTW, Thor, I hope your remark about the catholic schools was tongue-in-cheek.

Which one?  The slap-across-the-face one?  Nope.  I'd get those.  Mother Superior once slapped me back and forth across the face in front of the class, just because I hadn't been dotting my i's and j's.  I learned real fast.  As you can see, I now dot my i's and j's.

i  j

See?  Big%20smile

Gladystopia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gladystopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:41am
Originally posted by applepiemommy applepiemommy wrote:

At the risk of sounding like my grandpa, when *I* was a kid growing up in Arizona, we didn't need a fancy electronic crayon maker. We'd peel the labels off crayons, break them up, put them into molds, and set them outside for an hour or so. The 120 degree sun would melt them, then you take them back inside, and voila! A new crayon color.

I tried this once. It didn't work.
That may have been because I wasn't growing up in Arizona; I was growing up in Chicago. Also it was January.
So basically, what I ended up with was a bunch of froze-ass crayons.

After that, I just went inside and made fake boogers out of rubber cement...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:20am
LOL
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:38am
THAT'S IT!!!!:-D Wow, for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was called. Do they still sell it anymore (does anyone still use it?) I just remembered I used to also squeeze Elmer's into it and make nice little fluffy clouds... coincidentally this was in Catholic school but without the penguins so it was ok;)

Btw, Thor, that reminds me of when I was in the 1st grade (different Catholic school, this one had nuns) and this girl accidentally knocked her book off her desk. Well, Sister Mary Penguin got so upset about it (because the previous year her students apparently thought it'd be funny to drop things off their desks) so she picked the girl up, held her over her head and asked her "How would you like me to drop you?" When she finally put her down, the girl threw up all over the floor...

... and so began my journey toward Paganism
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 1:48am
We did the "drop things", too.  In our case, it was our pens.  At a designated time, we'd all start dropping our pens to the floor.  That was maybe the 6th grade.  We all thought we were really cool.

The puke story was fun.  I'm proud to say I never once puked in school, though.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:01am
LOL me either, never puked in public actually, but yeah if I remember right I think she'd taught the older classes in previous years but because of the whole dropping thing she became the 1st grade teacher. We ended up transferring to public school 3 years later when another penguin yanked a pretzel out of my younger sister's hand after recess scratching the hell out of it. My mom almost became the first person in history to punch out a nun (at least in our diocese;). I remember celebrating the switch by playing tug of war with our jumpers until they ripped

Ah good times
Gladystopia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gladystopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:07am
Did your school clean up the puke with that horrifying red sawdusty-looking stuff that smelled like it might have come from some kind of mutant tree in Hell? What WAS that stuff, anyway? It was almost worse than the puke!!!

Thor--My seventh-grade religion class literally drove a teacher around the bend with antics like that. A couple of days before the end of the year, she called in sick and never did come back to teach at our school anymore.

Years later, when I was teaching 7th grade, I learned a great deal about karma. Ying%20Yang
--GJC--
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:20am
You know, I don't remember but I know the smell was pretty rank:-P Thing is the girl threw up a bright pink color which to this day I wonder what the hell did she eat?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:36pm

You know, I don't remember but I know the smell was pretty rank:-P Thing is the girl threw up a bright pink color which to this day I wonder what the hell did she eat?
PeptoCrayola
Sheerterror77@hotmai View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheerterror77@hotmai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:06am
Nah, they're not too old, I'm 20 and I would play with that. Haha. I just don't have the space for things like that and that wouldn't be the first thing I would buy with my expendable income Cry

Those kids of the opposite sex could be brother and sister, and there's a lot of things they could be doing together that are a lot worse than making crayons Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic