Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crayola Crayon Maker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crayola Crayon Maker
    Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 2:25pm
OK, has anyone seen the commercial for the Crayola Crayon Maker?  Here it is...

So I don't hate it.  I don't love it either.  But...don't you think these kids are a little--err--old to be playing with crayons?  Do they seem like they're about thirteen, fourteen years old to you guys?  Or is it just me?

I know that I don't speak for all of mankind, but when I was that age and in the company of the opposite sex, we sure as hell weren't making crayons together!  LOL
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 2:39pm
Maybe they'll get the idea when they combine the pink crayons with the flesh crayons.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 4:42pm
I guess they HAD to have an older kid to act as an 'overseer', considering the electrical components. Actually, I think it's a pretty NEAT toy (for maybe a youth art class at a SCHOOL).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 5:51pm
To me, it looks like a novelty toy---something that's more about the fun of watching crayons melt and swirl together than it is about having some new (and pretty much pointless) art tool.  Once the kids try out one of those crayons, they'll discard the whole thing.

What they'll probably just end up doing, is melting all their crayons together.  And then they'll come to the realization that they no longer have a red crayon.

And yeah...they're too old for crayons.  If they're that age and still want crayons, it's time for their parents to get them some more-sophisticated art supplies.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 6:10pm
I had something similar to this toy 40 years ago. It was called "The Top of My Dad's Alarm Clock Radio". LOL
Um, I still like to color in coloring books. With crayons! Embarrassed
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 7:09pm
How can you be too old for crayons?
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 7:50pm
I know that I don't speak for all of mankind, but when I was that age and in the company of the opposite sex, we sure as hell weren't making crayons together! 
Doctor/ Twister/ Spin the bottle...... anything but crayons. Kids that old today use PaintShop on computers, not coloring books.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 8:39pm
Right...and just think about NOW, Tizzer.
An unsupervised man our age, owning and playing with one of those in the company of some girls that age, could get arrested, serve time, have to register every time he moves, and generally hated by all of humanity.
Guys...if you have to, make SURE you are buying one for THE KIDS - STAY AWAY! NOT FOR YOU!!!

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What they'll probably just end up doing, is melting all their crayons together.  And then they'll come to the realization that they no longer have a red crayon.

And yeah...they're too old for crayons.  If they're that age and still want crayons, it's time for their parents to get them some more-sophisticated art supplies.

LOL
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 5:58pm
At the risk of sounding like my grandpa, when *I* was a kid growing up in Arizona, we didn't need a fancy electronic crayon maker. We'd peel the labels off crayons, break them up, put them into molds, and set them outside for an hour or so. The 120 degree sun would melt them, then you take them back inside, and voila! A new crayon color. I did this with my kids last summer, although we used the oven instead of the sun. You sure don't need some fancy machine to do this. A toaster oven would work the same.
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:06pm
I once ate a purple crayon.  FYI...just because it's purple, doesn't mean it's grape.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:10pm
I never would admit to having ever had a crayon for a snack, even if it WAS green and didn't taste a damned thing like any vegetable I ever ate.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:27pm
I used to eat ink cartridges from fountain pens.

I have Dr. Suess to thank for that. There was a book (title escapes me now - probably from too many  ink cartridges) but there was a character who ate ink.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:31pm
And your parents didn't wonder why your lips were turning blue??  They must not have loved you. 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:35pm

And your parents didn't wonder why your lips were turning blue??  They must not have loved you. 

LOL My mom would scream "NOT AGAIN!" - I went to Catholic school where you had to learn penmanship with a fountain pen. Cartridges were in abundant!

(I would blame the nuns but I'm afraid! Karma and all....)

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I never would admit to having ever had a crayon for a snack, even if it WAS green and didn't taste a damned thing like any vegetable I ever ate.

Crayola has a crayon now called Macaroni and Cheese.  They must want the kids to eat that crayon!

But I also see that they now have scented crayons.  If they can make a crayon that smells like Chocolate or Bubble Gum, why can't they add some flavoring to the crayon to make it taste that way?  Maybe that'll be next.

Oh.  Now I see Crayola has the following scented colors, too:
Alien Armpit
Big Foot Feet
Booger Buster

I don't think I'd want to taste those.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:39pm
Say Thor, that's a nice Booger Buster sweater you are wearing
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

LOL My mom would scream "NOT AGAIN!" - I went to Catholic school where you had to learn penmanship with a fountain pen. Cartridges were in abundant!

(I would blame the nuns but I'm afraid! Karma and all....)

Ahhh, yes.  Catholic school.  The Scripto cartridge pens.  Mine was clear red.  And of course, penmanship was taught using "The Palmer Method".

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I used to eat ink cartridges from fountain pens...
Big%20smileNOW I finally understand you and know why we have 'common friends'!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Say Thor, that's a nice Booger Buster sweater you are wearing

That's funny 'cause, on Thanksgiving, I was playing Wii with some friends and their kids.  The 5 y/o daughter was picking her nose.  But she didn't want to get the boogs on the controller.  So, every time it was her turn, she'd go and give her father a big hug and discreetly wipe her boogs on Dad's sweater before grabbing the controller.  She didn't think anyone would notice, but I called her on it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:48pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Crayola has a crayon now called Macaroni and Cheese.  They must want the kids to eat that crayon!

But I also see that they now have scented crayons.  If they can make a crayon that smells like Chocolate or Bubble Gum, why can't they add some flavoring to the crayon to make it taste that way?  Maybe that'll be next.

Oh.  Now I see Crayola has the following scented colors, too:
Alien Armpit
Big Foot Feet
Booger Buster

I don't think I'd want to taste those.

DeadI *WAS* going to say you made me all hungry an' sh*t...think I'll hold back on that.
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 7:06pm
<------ was too sophisticated to eat crayons and ink as a kid, MY palate called for the subtle piquant flavoring of Playdoh:)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 7:29pm
Well, that goes without saying.  Playdoh is delicious!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 3:28am
I ate cocoa butter. That stuff was delicious.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 6:24am
Yeah, well, at least in Catholic school, you learned to use the Palmer method and handwriting was actually legible. Today if anybody actually does use cursive, it's almost incomprehensible. In fact, do they still TEACH cursive? I haven't seen anything "written" by grade-school-age or high-schoo- agek ids for YEARS, it's all print, print, print. It's discouraging...

Anyway, why would anybody want to MAKE crayons? Sounds like something you'd get bored with in about 10 minutes. Crayola is the best-SELLING crayon because they are the BEST crayon around. I personally wouldn't want a crayon-maker. As for being too old for crayons, there are some artists who do use crayons for certain things. And I've heard that coloring is used in some forms of therapy because it is very relaxing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic